What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

david klemmer

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Gal s weighed in now, expect the media to really run with this leading into origin 3.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...nts-embarrassing/story-fni3fbgt-1227410678950

PAUL Gallen stoked the fire ahead of next month’s Origin decider by saying Corey Parker ‘should be embarrassed’ for demanding respect from Blues hardman David Klemmer.

Queensland stalwart Parker, the oldest player on the Maroons side at 33, and fired-up NSW forward Klemmer, who is only 21, came to grips on several occasions during the second Origin clash at the MCG last week.

Klemmer was a man on a mission and terse words were exchanged, including a reported foul-mouthed outburst. Parker this week reiterated what he said on the field at the time for the young Bulldogs star to ‘show some respect.’
story-fni3fbgt-1227410678950

“There’s a lot of passion and pride on the line but from my point of view there was just some disrespect shown and I just pretty much told him that,” Parker said on Monday.

But NSW captain Gallen, speaking on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday morning, said Parker was out of line.

“I think it’s quite embarrassing for Corey to say that,” said Gallen.

“I totally understand it when you are talking about a 20-year-old or 21-year-old at training, but you don’t say it about a senior player in the toughest arena in sport.

“I don’t know why people think they have the right to say that.

“I know what Klem’s response to it would be.

“He is a terrific young player and won’t take a backward step.

“He certainly doesn’t need to show respect in the State of Origin arena.”

Meanwhile, Gallen considers himself a chance of playing for Cronulla against North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville this weekend.

Gallen, who suffered rib cartilage damage during the MCG showdown, said: “It’s getting better every day and I’m doing my best to play this weekend. It’s a day to day thing at the moment"

I gotta say what is parker thinking? they seriously expect Klemmer to hold back his aggression because they don't like it? Asking that is just going to encourage Klemmer and NSW to go harder since its seems like an easy way to get him off his game. He will have to be a bit smarter about it at suncorp but I would expect much more of the same from Klemmer and NSW.

exactly....what the f**k does "show some respect" mean to start with? :lol: it's like saying "don't tackle me so hard" or "stop running at me all day"

Packy

Bench
Parker did leave it on the field, the only thing parker has said publically about it is what is in that article which is mostly praise for Klemmer. The media are the ones who reported it, they are the ones who have blown it up as much as they can to sell papers, the chumps have latched on to it a sucked it up as much as possible.

Klemmer had a great game 2, well a great series over all really, did I like the cheap shot punches, nope, did I think he played well, hell yes, better than Parker did, yep he sure did. In fact I would go as far to say if you picked a rep team based solely on game 2 of the origin series you pick the forward pack including bench forwards all from the blues side.

Of the field the media have it all over the fans right now, there are so many that are their mindless little bitches lapping up everything they spoon feed them.

Parker has been whinging to anyone and everyone that will listen. He's sooking like a kid that got his lollipop taken off him and trying to conceal his pain playing the "on the field" card.

Perth Red

Post Whore
depends what he said I guess. if it was a general tirade then yeh it is funny as for a forward to be saying that, if it was directed about a players personal situation then it might have been out of line and the respect thing might have been about the individual not the general age or seniority issue. I guess we'll never know lol.

Sleep

Juniors
Gal s weighed in now, expect the media to really run with this leading into origin 3.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...nts-embarrassing/story-fni3fbgt-1227410678950

PAUL Gallen stoked the fire ahead of next month?s Origin decider by saying Corey Parker ?should be embarrassed? for demanding respect from Blues hardman David Klemmer.

Queensland stalwart Parker, the oldest player on the Maroons side at 33, and fired-up NSW forward Klemmer, who is only 21, came to grips on several occasions during the second Origin clash at the MCG last week.

Klemmer was a man on a mission and terse words were exchanged, including a reported foul-mouthed outburst. Parker this week reiterated what he said on the field at the time for the young Bulldogs star to ?show some respect.?
story-fni3fbgt-1227410678950

?There?s a lot of passion and pride on the line but from my point of view there was just some disrespect shown and I just pretty much told him that,? Parker said on Monday.

But NSW captain Gallen, speaking on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday morning, said Parker was out of line.

?I think it?s quite embarrassing for Corey to say that,? said Gallen.

?I totally understand it when you are talking about a 20-year-old or 21-year-old at training, but you don?t say it about a senior player in the toughest arena in sport.

?I don?t know why people think they have the right to say that.

?I know what Klem?s response to it would be.

?He is a terrific young player and won?t take a backward step.

?He certainly doesn?t need to show respect in the State of Origin arena.?

Meanwhile, Gallen considers himself a chance of playing for Cronulla against North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville this weekend.

Gallen, who suffered rib cartilage damage during the MCG showdown, said: ?It?s getting better every day and I?m doing my best to play this weekend. It?s a day to day thing at the moment"

Is everyone pretending Gallen, one of the all time great sooks wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned? Keep in mind I'm from NSW but the whole media beat up around the Origin right now is embarrassing. Gallen and Farah have been crying for years now all of a sudden we're forgetting about that?

Maybe they should talk about the game rather than a guy who came on and ruffled some feathers for a few minutes. Jesus Christ.

Perth Red

Post Whore
welcome to the origin hyperbole lol, at least it detracts from the poor state of the NRL during this period. Its a shame the media don't show as much interest in the NRL for the rest of the year as they do for origin over a few weeks.

Packy

Bench
Is everyone pretending Gallen, one of the all time great sooks wouldn't do the same if the tables were turned? Keep in mind I'm from NSW but the whole media beat up around the Origin right now is embarrassing. Gallen and Farah have been crying for years now all of a sudden we're forgetting about that?

Maybe they should talk about the game rather than a guy who came on and ruffled some feathers for a few minutes. Jesus Christ.

Has Gallen every whinged that footy is too tough? Nope. Parker territory only.

betcats

Referee

Gallen fights fire with fire he doesn't ask the opposition to go easy on him.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
didnt gallen whinge when he got smashed by papalli? and didnt he or his dad get upset when brian smith laughed at nappa smashing him?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
didnt gallen whinge when he got smashed by papalli? and didnt he or his dad get upset when brian smith laughed at nappa smashing him?

Papa smashed him from behind, He called it a dogshot, he never said " give me some respect " :lol:

How's cozza gonna live that one down, it will stick with him post career

betcats

Referee

He didn't whinge to Papi he whinged to the ref which happens just about every stoppage of every game. Gal likes a whinge but he has never asked the enemy for a break, that's just weak.

carcharias

Immortal
Tackled in the back without the ball
It's gals Achilles heal.

Look how he got his latest injury
Myles hit him in the back after he'd passed the ball
Not once has Gal complained about it.

Kiwi

First Grade
I know what you mean.
when you travel and people ask if you're a kiwi, I just say nah ..Australian.
Doesn't bother me at all.
Yet ask a Kiwi if they are an Aussie and it's tanty time.
Have to agree with this. Personally don't really care but I know plenty of Kiwis who react this way but have never met an Australian that does.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
This is the same Paul Gallen who whinged about the QLD team showing a lack of respect by selecting an injured Slater right?

_Johnsy

Referee
Yeah because it's ok to come on to the field and just start swinging at markers and throwing punches at defenders tackling you.

Josh Reynolds go home your drunk.

JT in SOO 2014 says hi, if you're applying the same criteria of your grub acts to your beloved spank bank QLD'er golden boys.

QueeNZlander, fkn hilarious.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
By the time the 2015 SOO Game 3 comes around, poor ole Whorey Farcker will have greyer hair than Steve Martin, the comedian.

Oh, diddums for the old grey mare of the Brisbane Geldings...

Latest posts