What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De belin

AJB1102

First Grade
Stand them down, if they're found not guilty automatically extend their contract for the time they sat out. Hooray.

What if they're 33 and it takes 3 years before they're found not guilty? Does a club have to extend a big money contract to a 36 year old who hasn't played in 3 years and will be on the cusp of 40 when the deal expires?

Card Shark

Immortal
The crap, is the fault of the thick as brick players ,who don't get it.Why put yourselves in a position to get to whatever.

The players association needs to come down bloody hard on their members.

They signed up for a share in the game’s takings but are doing their best to destroy the image.

If there’s less $ in the game at the next TV deal, they only have themselves to blame.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The players association needs to come down bloody hard on their members.

They signed up for a share in the game’s takings but are doing their best to destroy the image.

If there’s less $ in the game at the next TV deal, they only have themselves to blame.

Good point re players association, where have they been on this, they should be dealing with NRL and getting details on how it should work, it seems they have been invisible in getting info as the NRL has been in making decision.

No wonder the code is dying

myrrh ken

First Grade
Good point re players association, where have they been on this, they should be dealing with NRL and getting details on how it should work, it seems they have been invisible in getting info as the NRL has been in making decision.

No wonder the code is dying

Theyre a typical union. Theyll only moan on the players behalf. Not rally against the status quo

Quigs

Immortal
Stop stirring Myrrh ..... Get over to the Qantas thread with yuh Union Bashing. I am too busy to argue with you right now. I am up on the local headland with me owen stanley. I am on the lookout for boats.

Surely

Post Whore
What if they're 33 and it takes 3 years before they're found not guilty? Does a club have to extend a big money contract to a 36 year old who hasn't played in 3 years and will be on the cusp of 40 when the deal expires?

They had no trouble shafting Fifita and he didn’t commit a crime.

Court for some court of press wankers opinions for others

myrrh ken

First Grade
Stop stirring Myrrh ..... Get over to the Qantas thread with yuh Union Bashing. I am too busy to argue with you right now. I am up on the local headland with me owen stanley. I am on the lookout for boats.

Hey im a member and also deal with them at work. They are a pain in the arse, thats their job.

Chimp

Bench
Hey im a member and also deal with them at work. They are a pain in the arse, thats their job.
Not once upon a time. In years gone by, the TU's were about partnership, helping business grow to protect jobs. In the good old days, if someone was being a merkin at work, the TU would tell them to resign, nowadays they wouldn't dream of that. The TU at our place even defend people who've been found stealing, fraudulent expenses and even, believe it or not, defended an engineer who got caught on CCTV pissing in a sink in a customer's house. They try use loopholes and bullshit excuses, rather than sacking the bloke off as he's a merkin and no good for the business.

Quigs

Immortal

(As the Legend Gough once said in the Australian House of Parliament responding to a member of the then Coalition)

The bloke said "I am a Country Member"
Gough "Yes I know that"

For the youngens information. There once was a party called the Country Party pre Nationals day

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
(As the Legend Gough once said in the Australian House of Parliament responding to a member of the then Coalition)

Gough "Yes I know that"

For the youngens information. There once was a party called the Country Party pre Nationals day
And they weren't a pissweak mob of sycophants either like the current mob of f**k knuckles in the Nazionals Party.

snout

First Grade
After reading todays 'latest'...ld say de belin will be stood down.

Broncs have done a look at how good we are by standing Haas down for 4 weeks.

Knights boss will address his players tomorrow to tell them anyone in de belins situation will be stood down.

Ex Olympic boss has detailed to Greenterd and Batty the olympic teams view that serious criminal charges only result when the evidence says you did it. And stood a guy down from the 2008 team.

Add all this to the growing wave from clubs and community .....l cant see de belin running onto a field before his court appearance.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
The nrls real issue is how to deal with players who bring the game into disrepute consistently.

With De Belin they are only banging on about a very small proportion of serious charges (weirdly spiked this year with JDB / Hayne and the other bloke).

Far more common, and this will increase as social media continues to explode, will be the Gal calling the nrl kharrrrnts, and morally suspect type of stuff the Tele have a field day with that can’t result in charges. Where’s the attempt to bring some form of consistency to this type of stuff?

Gough "I remember!"
Fixed

Card Shark

Immortal
Where’s the attempt to bring some form of consistency to this type of stuff?

It will never be consistent whilst there are 16 different clubs, some get preferential treatment.

Ditto certain players. How Greg Inglis escapes scott-free astounds me! He was driving mid- range alcohol & speeding. Could’ve killed himself or others!!! That was taken way too lightly by the NRL.

carcharias

Immortal
It will never be consistent whilst there are 16 different clubs, some get preferential treatment.

Ditto certain players. How Greg Inglis escapes scott-free astounds me! He was driving mid- range alcohol & speeding. Could’ve killed himself or others!!! That was taken way too lightly by the NRL.

Simple
Greenberg is a useless pussy
Scared to do the right thing and make the tough calls.
Complete merkin of a job he has done.

Latest posts