What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell the Dragon

salivor said:
Did anyone have any objections when Matt Rogers came back to league? He too was used as an anti-league mouth piece at times by union and he too only went for the cash at the same time as Wendell.

Sure, but Rogers came back because he wanted to, and for less money.

Del wants to come back because he has nowhere else to go.

salivor said:
Personally I don't have a problem with big 'Dell coming back (just thankfully it isn't for Brisbane), the more we snare back the better. Now it's time for the NRL to use Wendell as our mouthpiece to talk up what a mistake it was for him ever going to union.

That'd be pretty hollow.

I'd get him to talk up the NRL then tell him to piss off.

salivor

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Sure, but Rogers came back because he wanted to, and for less money.

Del wants to come back because he has nowhere else to go.

That'd be pretty hollow.

I'd get him to talk up the NRL then tell him to piss off.

There was talk of him going to play union in France so he didn't exactly have nowhere to go.

I also don't think using him as a mouthpiece would be hollow. It's about time we stopped trying to take the higher ground and used some of their own tactics on them.

I guess that's a point, but you know the NRL won't do it. They didn't do it with Rogers so I can't see why they will with Sailor.

It just irks the sh*t out of me that he looks like coming back.

Rogers annoyed me too, but this bloke really annoyed me.

salivor

First Grade
Of course they won't as the NRL have delluded themselves that they have this amazing product that will sell itself. Doesn't matter how great your product is, you won't reach new customers unless you ram it down their throats.

I was really annoyed at Rogers having the red carpet rolled out to him also.

But Wendell...oh my god how I despise him. He started it all, and is only coming back because he was dumped for being the coke sniffer that he is.

Coaster

Bench
Dont compare the death of a mans RL legend Father, to a Coke sniffing druggo that was banned from the other sport please.

They have very different reasons to be back in RL

Jebediah

Juniors
Everyone that can't see a positive in this atleast crowd figures will increase. Let's not deny he's a drawcard and what he may have lost in ability he retains in marketability.

Go Dell!!!!!!!! He'll get me to the game :)

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I have nothing but love for Wendell Sailor.

Why does he get a ban in Rugby - which prevents him from playing in league for two years, yet Sargent gets caught doing the same thing and is allowed to play pretty much straight away.?????

mean_maori_mean said:
I have nothing but love for Wendell Sailor.

Why does he get a ban in Rugby - which prevents him from playing in league for two years, yet Sargent gets caught doing the same thing and is allowed to play pretty much straight away.?????

One was caught 'in house' - meaning that it wasn't on match eve and was detected by the club as opposed to anti-doping authorities

The other was caught in a random test on match eve, meaning that it may have been taken for performance enhancing purposes.

'Recreational' (i hate that term) drugs are only treated as stimulants if they are taken close enough to a game to count.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Give him a go!!!

So everyone syaing piss him off, why are they signing him?? all of u must be perfect in ur proffession (sp?) he made one mistake and he has served his time...

If its incentive based then goood luck to him!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
"To get Wendell for next season's certainly a big boost," said Ryles before having a shot at union."He's been sitting on the sidelines for two seasons and resting up and I think when he was playing union he was pretty much resting up there, too."

haha I don't understand why Ryles doesn't get more love from the league community. Has a very nice dig at yawnion there plus his famous Afghanistan quote from a few years ago.

Maori-Boy

Juniors
He's probably lost a bit of pace so hell go to Centre or Backrow. He'd still be hard to tackle on the edges.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't believe the Saint's are even contemplating signing this overhyped,overpayed hack. I read in the CM today you guys are looking to offload a talented young Junior like Ashton Sims, After losing guys like Wicks and Houston.

WTF? After the crap he sprouted after he signed with Yawnion, And up until recently getting paid to talk about Yawnion. Not League, makes me sick the the NRL will take the money hungry cocksmoker back :x Fire up ST George fans this is bullsh*t.

Mary

Juniors
The bloke better not be getting more than 100k a year. Hell even 100k a year would be bullsh*t.

International RL said:
What a f**king joke.

How this bloke has been able to waltz back into rugby league circles is a disgrace! People have completely forgotten the dribble that came out of his mouth after he signed with Union. He can take a long walk off a shot pier if you ask me. And now that Union wants nothing to do with the coke sniffer he comes grovelling....TO MY CLUB!

I am filthy. I have put up with so much from this club...but this is the final straw.

I have emailed the club with my thoughts - attached.

Right. Well I have put up with a lot from this organisation. But I have had enough. First you appoint a bloke who has never coached first grade and was an inferior player than half the squad. This leads to a butchering of our golden era with zero premierships. You let the club captain walk out the door and secure no-one in the interim, still I remain loyal. You move the worlds best centre to 5/8...I don't like it but I remain patient. The club is in last place, and I still come to games. But this is the final straw.

How dare you sign Wendell Sailor. The bloke is a disgrace to Rugby League. Firstly he turned his back on the code seeking his 30 pieces of silver and joining Union when it was threatening openly to kill our game. Then he gets busted sniffing coke and is ruled out for 2 years. The bloke is about no-one but himself - and now we sign this over the hill has-been winger...to play second row! Explain to me how this is in anyway a clever signing. Meanwhile you let Chris Houston leave. Classic Dragons. Well done Dousty and Browny. Congratulations. I will only return once the 2 of you bungling idiots are gone.

Do you really think they will care...because i don't your one person with an opinion...they probably will not even read it...

This Year?

Immortal
:roll: Another great signing for the club....Next they'll be signing that fat bastard from the rah rahs claiming he has a great future in league.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Simms is sh*t though btw. As for Dell? the guy never has to make more then 10 tackles a match, will he have the endurance to play in the forwards? if so i think he'll be pretty good, will make 10 metres all the time he carrie sthe ball.

sherrinator

Juniors
International RL said:
Just sent this to the NRL.​

What the hell is going on at the NRL? Who the hell is approving Wendell Sailor backing in Rugby League. The bloke is an embarrassment to the code. He turned his back and took the cash in 2002. He absolutely bagged our game - despite everything it had given him - and was an active player in John O'niell's quest to kill off our great game.
Then the bloke gets busted for taking drugs. That's right...sniffing cocaine. Union doesn't want anything to do with this proverbial skidmark, so they drop him like a hot potato. And then the slime comes crawling back to our game, talking about second chances. Well sorry 'Dell' - I don't forget so easily. You are not only a traitor to the game that made you a household name ,you are an embarrassment to elite athletes everywhere. You are the epitome of all that is wrong with modern sport, selfishness, arrogance, excess and lack of self control. I don't want you anywhere near my club, or for that matter my code. We don't need a Ben Cousins

Mate you have already stated that! I would hardly compare 'del and Cousins, methamphetamines are in a different ballpark than coke...I really don't see how people will get all upset over a high-roller, who gets hardly any gametime for AUS snorting a powder. It reaks of ignorance and stupidity! Give the big, dumb idiot a contract, and when he fails, and will, give him the deserved ribbing!

Latest posts