What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell the Dragon

The Colonel said:
What are the rumours about Young? Hopefully injury isn't going to cut his career short?

Certain rumours have suggested that his knee is shot and his career might be over. I wouldn't say that these rumours are especially strong but they are out there.

FMD what a joke.

Oust Doust might just get the legs it needs if this happens.

Come back, all is forgiven?

The dirty prick wrote almost weekly about his love for Union and spent all his time saying how play A should go to Union to etc etc.

He should be left to rot.

smeghead

Bench
If true this signing may actually keep Doust his job for a while to come. I say this because the media (Nine in particular) will talk about players returning to the fold, coup for the Dragons and alot of average Dragons punters may buy into it

DeeJ

Bench
I would love to see big Dell running around in league again. He was my favorite player as a kid.

fizman

Bench
I am going to throw out a conspiracy here and say that the poor management of the Dragons and in some aspects Cronulla will lead to a future merging of the two clubs.

Before, I am flamed away. I am not sure how many supporters know about the potential merging of a Cronulla/St George team for the new U20's comp next season. It may still go ahead, although it has been denied by the decision makers.

If this does proceed, we will have Endeavour High which has players from various clubs, but mainly Cronulla and St George and then an Under 20's team if it proceeds. The next step would be obvious.....

Slackboy72

Coach
I'll believe it when I see it.

...but...

Dell was still a good player when he was cut loose by the ARU. And who hasn't had the odd bit of blow on a big night out.
I'm keeping an open mind on this.

Titanic

First Grade
Dell finally gets what he wanted so long ago. For those who don't know, or have forgotten, he trialled and was ready to go to the Steelers as a kid but was unable to complete the deal when the management of the Club wouldn't agree to put him through Uni (in fact the uni made the decision for them). Cyril Connell from the Bronx said "I've seen him play and I reckon he doesn't have much future. If he pays his own way down to our trials I'll give him a start in the U19's." And he did - the rest is history.

After he got so much from RL, I can only agree with IRL.

innsaneink

Referee
0,5001,5532730,00.jpg

Looks a little.....lumpy...to me.

big pat

Coach
doust has made us the laughing stock of the league, not content with us been in last place now he signs a has been,when will this madness end.

Titanic said:
Dell finally gets what he wanted so long ago. For those who don't know, or have forgotten, he trialled and was ready to go to the Steelers as a kid but was unable to complete the deal when the management of the Club wouldn't agree to put him through Uni (in fact the uni made the decision for them). Cyril Connell from the Bronx said "I've seen him play and I reckon he doesn't have much future. If he pays his own way down to our trials I'll give him a start in the U19's." And he did - the rest is history.

After he got so much from RL, I can only agree with IRL.

dont forget cronulla sharks said he didn't have a future in league :lol:

Slackboy72

Coach
Why is he running through what appears to be a graveyard?
Is that supposed to be symbolic of his career?

lolesi

First Grade
Slackboy72 said:
Why is he running through what appears to be a graveyard?
Is that supposed to be symbolic of his career?

:lol: Was thinking the same thing, why the hell is he running through a graveyard.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
fizman said:
the potential merging of a Cronulla/St George team for the new U20's comp next season.

Once again I say if this happens, what is the point of dismantling Premier League and Jersey Flegg?

Surely the NRL/ARL could not allow this to happen?

Please ignore him, he hasn't got the faintest clue what he's talking about. The rumour is that St George Illawarra and Cronulla will field a joint venture team in the new open-age competition that will be replacing the NSWRL Premier League, not the NRL Toyota Cup.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
FMD what a joke.

Oust Doust might just get the legs it needs if this happens.

Come back, all is forgiven?

The dirty prick wrote almost weekly about his love for Union and spent all his time saying how play A should go to Union to etc etc.

He should be left to rot.

Couldn't agree more. I was trying to find some of his dribble articles from the tele in which he always somehow linked his writing back to league to stir interest. Piss off Dell.

Godz Illa

Coach
I've done the Coogee-Bondi run a few times. It's a popular route and it goes through Waverley Cemetery in Bronte.