What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell's future according to Lett

st.phil

Bench
there is room for both dave

Bennett has said all year that Boyd will be fullback and after what I think was a great year for him, I am sure he will keep the No. 1 jersey.

Lett is a top player who is destined for first grade soon. You would have thought Nighty will slot in but you never know.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Boyd will not go home hes on a three year deal, he has no reason to leave, hes had a good first season at fullback.

stop talking jiberish
He scored 2 tries all year. I don't care how many tackle busts he makes running sideways that is not good enough.

Put him on the wing next year where he belongs.

gtomad

Juniors
1.Darius Boyd/morris
2.Jason Nightingale
3.Michael Lett/boyd
4.Matt Cooper
5.Brett Morris/lett
Michael lett would prefer center and we should get rid of beau scott from the back line and move him into the forwards. Now if dell retires and scott becomes a forward again our backline might not look licke a forward pack. and tagive will play for shellharbour. ive also put boyd in the centers because at the start of the year he said he would rather play center than wing or fullback and brett morris scored an 100 meter try from fullback against manly so he could get us extra kick return meters.

Last edited:

butter81

Juniors
I always thought B.Morris should be fullback. that manly game confirmed it for me. He used to be a liability under the high ball, but I think he did very well on many occasions this year. His explosivity from fullback is definitely something that would benefit us. otherwise if lett likes to rove why can't he play fullback.
I think flo is being groomed for a centres position, but i would like to see him on left wing.
I think this will be our backline:
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Nightingale
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I would like to see:
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I don't rate tagive because he hasn't proven himself. Flo has more than proven himself.

I always thought B.Morris should be fullback. that manly game confirmed it for me. He used to be a liability under the high ball, but I think he did very well on many occasions this year. His explosivity from fullback is definitely something that would benefit us. otherwise if lett likes to rove why can't he play fullback.
I think flo is being groomed for a centres position, but i would like to see him on left wing.
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Nightingale
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I would like to see:
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I don't rate tagive because he hasn't proven himself. Flo has more than proven himself.

Agreed 100%, although moving him might disrupt his game, I daresay it will be a decision he has a lot of input in.
Josh used to be a liability aswell and look at him now, I think a lot of that was nerver and lack of big game experience.

Godz Illa

Coach
brett morris scored an 100 meter try from fullback against manly so he could get us extra kick return meters.
Darius Boyd's kick return metres were among the best in the league. And did anyone see Boyd's 90 metre try against Canberra? It was better than Morris because he actually had a fullback to beat - and a gun, speedy fullback at that in Josh Dugan.

Darius is underrated

st.phil

Bench
+1

im still keen to see b moz in the centres or on the right side of the field at least. Boyd will be fullback...full off-season and something to prove next year. I remember him palming off hayne in origin - he is one of the best young backs in the game. the people on this forum are psychotic

Darius Boyd's kick return metres were among the best in the league. And did anyone see Boyd's 90 metre try against Canberra? It was better than Morris because he actually had a fullback to beat - and a gun, speedy fullback at that in Josh Dugan.

Darius is underrated

bmoz is not a centre, he prefers wing/fullback.
I think I would be safe to say you are more than likley not going to ever see him in the centres.
That being said, if he wants to play there and proves himself when he does I'm more than happy

gtomad

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Nightingale
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I would like to see:
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Lett

I dont think wayne would put nightingale in the centres because he prefers to have someone protecting soward.

i would prefer

1.Boyd
2.Nightingale
3.Lett
4.Cooper
5.Morris
I think it will be better to leave darius and brett do their set play on the left side of the field which gave brett morris alot of his tries.

gtomad

Juniors

Darius is underrated

U are right but i did prefer boyd at fullback because of his kick returns and his tackle breaking ability and he is pretty strong in defence ,like his try saving tackle against the warriors. and it was a great try in canberra from a kick return. I just hope next year we dont have to have a second row playing center even though beau scott has great defence it could help us in attack.

If Bennett moves Nightingale (or Boyd or Peni) to centre, Scott can be moved to 2nd row and defend inside Soward (where Prior spent most of this year) and still play the 'enforcer' role and protect/help Soward in defence along with the centre.

Doug2234

First Grade
Only when Darius decided to run the ball friggin forward....

wasnt that impressed with him crabbing it

watatank

Coach
I dont think wayne would put nightingale in the centres because he prefers to have someone protecting soward.

i would prefer

1.Boyd
2.Nightingale
3.Lett
4.Cooper
5.Morris
I think it will be better to leave darius and brett do their set play on the left side of the field which gave brett morris alot of his tries.

Why would Bennett put Lett in the centres to defend Soward? He's probably the last person you'd place to play centre :?.

gtomad

Juniors
Why would Bennett put Lett in the centres to defend Soward? He's probably the last person you'd place to play centre :?.

Then who would protect soward? Prior played good in the centres when scott wasn't there but i would rather have a real centre.

watatank

Coach
Then who would protect soward? Prior played good in the centres when scott wasn't there but i would rather have a real centre.

I know what you are saying but Lett is not the answer; particularly not from a defensive perspective. He's probably the worst. He's a natural winger/fullback and if he was going to get a chance it'll be in one of those positions.

Latest posts