What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler should be thrown out of the game forever

Noa

First Grade
Gee you sheilas love a whinge. Was a 50/50 call that couldna went either way. Orford shoulda been more subtle.

MrT

Juniors
Orford dived for the ball. Campbell tripped over him.

Incorrect call.

If Orford dived for the ball coming from the side and made contact with the ball first, fair enough. I had a look at it again. His FIRST AND FOREMOST action was to take Preston out, he had his eyes for Preston only. Once he took him out then dived on the ball with his legs ending up where his hands should have been if he had of dived from the direction he was diving from.

I probably haven't explained it simply. If viewing from TV, Orford is coming from west direction, he runs across field, sees Preston and his eyes are ONLY for Preston initially. Once he clatters into him, throwning his body, his legs end up in an East direction and the ball on to Orfords right side. So he's gone past the ball and smashed Preston and ended up with the ball.

Should have just dived on the ball Orford.

As for Hasler, Karma is a B*tch when Lyon can srore a try in mid air without hands against Brisbane and a nice tap forward try also

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I agree with every word Hasler said.

It is not what happened in the game today, but what is happening in every game to every team.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
If Orford dived for the ball coming from the side and made contact with the ball first, fair enough. I had a look at it again. His FIRST AND FOREMOST action was to take Preston out, he had his eyes for Preston only. Once he took him out then dived on the ball with his legs ending up where his hands should have been if he had of dived from the direction he was diving from.

I probably haven't explained it simply. If viewing from TV, Orford is coming from west direction, he runs across field, sees Preston and his eyes are ONLY for Preston initially. Once he clatters into him, throwning his body, his legs end up in an East direction and the ball on to Orfords right side. So he's gone past the ball and smashed Preston and ended up with the ball.

As for Hasler, Karma is a B*tch when Lyon can srore a try in mid air without hands against Brisbane and a nice tap forward try also

At last someone else sees it the way i saw it.

kruzin

Juniors
MrT said:

Absolutley spot on, Des Hasler is a bit of a whinger, but i think for Dessy its more disappointment then anything, he is really passionate about his game and his team, one of the most passionate coaches in the team, You can't sack him how geniused.

RL1908

Bench
The Titans/Manly and Saints/Canterbury games have shown up something that worries me....

We have the advantage of 3 referees being present (and video replay), yet some decisions in the back end of very close games can still be left in the hands of just one referee, and nothing can be done to stop him from making a "clanger" of a decision - even if the other referees can see it is a "clanger" or have something to contribute, they can't.

The views of the on-field refs aren't sought once it goes to the video ref. In the Saints/Canterbury "no try" call, might it have been different if the video ref had told the on-field refs why he was about to rule "no try"? Might they have said something to have helped get the right decision?

What if in a situation like in the Titans/Manly game if the 2nd ref had a better view of the Campbell/Orford challenge and saw it was completely ok? Despite the advantage of having the extra ref, it doesn't help in getting the right decision. I wonder if in situations where the main ref is contemplating awarding a game deciding penalty, if he shouldn't first call time off, and quickly check with the other officials?

We've got 3 refs, but there are still plenty of situations where they are still acting alone - and even if one or both of the other refs see a "clanger" of a decision being awarded, they can do nothing to stop it or overturn it there and then when it matters.

innsaneink

Referee
The Titans/Manly and Saints/Canterbury games have shown up something that worries me....

We have the advantage of 3 referees being present (and video replay), yet some decisions in the back end of very close games can still be left in the hands of just one referee, and nothing can be done to stop him from making a "clanger" of a decision - even if the other referees can see it is a "clanger" or have something to contribute, they can't.

The views of the on-field refs aren't sought once it goes to the video ref. In the Saints/Canterbury "no try" call, might it have been different if the video ref had told the on-field refs why he was about to rule "no try"? Might they have said something to have helped get the right decision?

What if in a situation like in the Titans/Manly game if the 2nd ref had a better view of the Campbell/Orford challenge and saw it was completely ok? Despite the advantage of having the extra ref, it doesn't help in getting the right decision. I wonder if in situations where the main ref is contemplating awarding a game deciding penalty, if he shouldn't first call time off, and quickly check with the other officials?

We've got 3 refs, but there are still plenty of situations where they are still acting alone - and even if one or both of the other refs see a "clanger" of a decision being awarded, they can do nothing to stop it or overturn it there and then when it matters.

But this is all based on your opinion that Checchins decision was the wrong one.
Many will say he was correct.
One or seven, you will still get incorrect decisions.
We cant debate penaltys, refer them upstairs, games would go for hours.

RL1908

Bench

I forgot add - it will be interesting to hear if the main ref did in fact check with the 2nd ref before giving the penalty against Manly/Orford, and what the discussion was. Did the 2nd ref agree or did he have no opinion? Or wasn't he asked at all?

Daptodog

Juniors
The decision against the Bulldogs and the latest decision today against Manly are 2 of the most stupidest decisions I've seen.

Ok Refs aren't purfect but those 2 decisions may well be critical to this years pemiership.

It could cost the Bulldogs the Minor Premiership and Manly a chance at the semis.

Dez Hasler chose his words correctly and he was dead right. The officials definitely aren't professional, they are hopeless.

As for the original poster, I hope your team cops a stupid call that stuffs their season mate. You are a dead set goose.

RL1908

Bench
But this is all based on your opinion that Checchins decision was the wrong one.
Many will say he was correct.
One or seven, you will still get incorrect decisions.
We cant debate penaltys, refer them upstairs, games would go for hours.

No, I wrote "What if in a situation like in the Titans/Manly game". I'm talking about BIG game deciding decisions, like the one today. I'm not passing judgement though on today's call one way or the other. All I'm saying is that there is the chance to reduce bad decisions by simply checking with the other referee. Who knows, we may find out tomorrow that Cecchin did check with Archer and he agreed.

OVP

Coach
Bloody well said MR Hasler :clap: :clap:

I seriously cant watch this game anymore. The refereeing is disgusting.

Not many agree with you DorkieBoy. What a surprise :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
fishing.jpg