What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Tommax25

Bench
I was the same. I came in just as season 4 (best ending to a TV season EVER) so strung the first 3 together over consecutive weekends. The only season I had to "wait" for was season 5. Even named my new car Lumen. :)

I did the same with Lost. Came in during Season 5 of it and had to wait one week for the finale of Season 5.Crazy timing. Then the year in between 5 and 6 was agonising :x

Ghoulies

Bench
The Homeland pilot was very good. Showtime seem to do well with the early seasons of their original programming. It's just after a while things start to unravel and become a little bit ridiculous (Dexter being a prime example).

While Dexter used to be a top show, I can't really compare it to something as genius as Breaking Bad, which just ended it's 4th season with three of the best episodes of television you'll ever see.

PJ

First Grade
Ghouls I actually thought the finale of breaking bad was a bit disappointing. 3rd last episode was just brilliant.

Danish

Referee
I don't think so.

For a start he has a partner, which trinity didn't have. Seems more like religious bloke trying to bring about the apocalypse or something to me. Trinity was just a cold blooded psycho rather than having some sort of spiritual motivation.

I'm getting interested in how they are going to end this series. I assume Deb will end up catching him, I just don't know what will happen after that. Will she let him go, or will he get executed?

azzah72

Bench
Knocked over the first two episodes...the new bad guy is a bit of a Trinity clone...

no I don't reckon he is, I think he's more like the guys from last season, being more manipulated by the old proffesor dude as they were by jordan chase ... sorta.

I think it's unique enough.

I have a theory that the old dude is imaginary though.

I liked Mos def's character as well, very interesting dynamic for dexter.

I reckon quinn will become a pain in dexters ass again now he thinks he caused deb not to marry him

El Diablo

Post Whore
is he a partner or just a figment of his imagination?

i'm not entirely convinced the character is real. could be a bit like Harry

i wonder if Dexter and Mos Def will team up?

Danish

Referee
is he a partner or just a figment of his imagination?

i'm not entirely convinced the character is real. could be a bit like Harry

i wonder if Dexter and Mos Def will team up?

I hadn't actually thought of that.... that would be very interesting indeed.

I don't really want Dexter to pair up with Mos Def as that inevitably ends in Dexter taking out the partner... and his character seems too cool to kill.

Danish

Referee
True, although he did plow the bejesus out of her... If thats the alternative I'd prefer he DID kill Mos Def :sarcasm:

LESStar58

Referee
I don't think so.

For a start he has a partner, which trinity didn't have. Seems more like religious bloke trying to bring about the apocalypse or something to me. Trinity was just a cold blooded psycho rather than having some sort of spiritual motivation.

I'm getting interested in how they are going to end this series. I assume Deb will end up catching him, I just don't know what will happen after that. Will she let him go, or will he get executed?

I was thinking more along the lines of Travis having his loyalty to the professor while he also has his sister (Molly Parker from Deadwood who I've always been a fan of). Trinity was the family man/psycho but was obviously tortured about what he had done.

As for the ending the last episode of Season 6 is called
Electric Chair

Cliffhanger

Coach
Dexter really hasn't delivered after season one.

And I agree with Bret Easton Ellis, a politically correct serial killer is a little weak.

Season 1 was based very closely on the first book, there are very few differences. The rest of the seasons are nothing like the book apart from the dexter character. I think the show is still pretty strong, especially seeing as how the books are getting worse.

Lindsay is probably putting all his creativity into the series, his writing in Dexter is Delicious came across as so forced, it was actually the first one in the series that was difficult to get through, even Dexter by Design and Dexter in the Dark were easy to get through despite their awful plots. Dexter is Delicious was just all round trash.

I remember when I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter I was totally enthralled in it and even the story line was great, Dearly Devoted Dexter was great too and I was dreaming of the day it came to life on the screen. The first series was awesome, second and third lost me a bit, but the fourth and fifth were great, which almost made up for the books getting so shit.

That said I'm 5 years older than I was when I read the first book, maybe I just don't like the latest ones because I'm old. However, I am still going to buy Double Dexter as soon as it comes out.

Latest posts