What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

PJ

First Grade
Lesstar I've read all the books so far (imo they have some interesting threads the series didn't take up but the series stories are better. Books get a bit weird) but there is a lot more to Astor and Cody than you alluded to.

I agree though, I think Deb will find out.

I really enjoyed series 5. Nothing was going to top series 4, so not even trying to have someone as bad as Trinity was the smart way to go.

azzah72

Bench
I finished season 5 a few weeks ago, I liked it, no where near as good as S4 but in all seriousness, a bad season of dexter is still better than most tv.

I see S5 as a start of a new story cycle and probably planting the seeds for deb to eventually find out and then have a hard decision to make.

I liked the Lumen storyline but ended way too abruptly, you could tell there were new writers for this season, a few loose ends and a bit sloppy now and then

LESStar58

Referee
Lesstar I've read all the books so far (imo they have some interesting threads the series didn't take up but the series stories are better. Books get a bit weird) but there is a lot more to Astor and Cody than you alluded to.

I agree though, I think Deb will find out.

I really enjoyed series 5. Nothing was going to top series 4, so not even trying to have someone as bad as Trinity was the smart way to go.

I know that in one of the books
Cody kills someone

I least enjoyed season 2 but I think it was necesarry. Season 4 is the best but I think season 1 is on par as well...

melon....

Coach
Season 5 is already finished in the states, has no one watched it??

I won't give anything away but it is bloody good.
Im upto episode 11. a mate gave me a copy of the series but i decided to watch int on Fox to drag it out a little. Its pretty good. But how he never gets busted is starting to sh*t me.

LESStar58

Referee
Might do the same. Dexter is one of those shows that you just don't get off the couch for. Generally allocate a weekend to a season...

Might do the same. Dexter is one of those shows that you just don't get off the couch for. Generally allocate a weekend to a season...

Haha definitely.

I was kinda lucky cause i only got onto it late (4/5 months ago) so i could just watch all 5 seasons without having to wait.

Waiting a week for each episode just ruins it imo.

LESStar58

Referee
I was the same. I came in just as season 4 (best ending to a TV season EVER) so strung the first 3 together over consecutive weekends. The only season I had to "wait" for was season 5. Even named my new car Lumen. :)

Thomas

First Grade
Haha definitely.

I was kinda lucky cause i only got onto it late (4/5 months ago) so i could just watch all 5 seasons without having to wait.

Waiting a week for each episode just ruins it imo.

My partner and I would have a "Dexter" night. A nice meal and a bottle of wine and then an episode of Dexter.

Then, of course, kinky blood sex with knives afterwards but that is another story.

Zigwaa

Bench
Can't wait, much the same here, getting on it late and powerdiscing through seasons 1-4.

Interesting to see the direction it takes now they've explored a lot of different story lines except him getting caught or found out by Deb. The fact she is now with Quinn and he knows something is up might tie in somewhere.

LESStar58

Referee
Not too much longer before Deb finds out. Makes sense. He's come so close to getting found out by so many people not to mention those that do find out (Doakes, Miguel, Trinity, Lumen, Jordan Chase) that its only a matter of time before Deb gets wise. It makes sense as in the books she knows everything, along with Astor and Cody.

Well hopefully it gets far enough to see a good/real conclusion.

Apparently Michael C. Hall and the studio are having troubles sorting out a new contract for him, seeing as his current one finishes at the end of season 6 and they're just finishing/finished production on it they might have left it open ended for a season 7. Which if he doesn't get the money he wants probably won't go ahead.

I'm sure it'll all be sorted out though, the ratings for the first episode in the states were pretty good i read.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Not too much longer before Deb finds out. Makes sense. He's come so close to getting found out by so many people not to mention those that do find out (Doakes, Miguel, Trinity, Lumen, Jordan Chase) that its only a matter of time before Deb gets wise. It makes sense as in the books she knows everything, along with Astor and Cody.

Especially when fiance Quinn gets closer...

azzah72

Bench
first ep was a decent start. Hopefully is a rocking season.

I must say though, breaking bad is starting to take claim as my fav show though.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Dexter really hasn't delivered after season one.

And I agree with Bret Easton Ellis, a politically correct serial killer is a little weak.

Zigwaa

Bench
first ep was a decent start. Hopefully is a rocking season.

I must say though, breaking bad is starting to take claim as my fav show though.

I can't separate Breaking Bad and Dexter. Only got into Breaking Bad while I was waiting for new Dexter and got hooked on it, great show.

Latest posts