What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Ale better half than Nico.

Weaponhead

Coach
As if Nicho is playing anything other than 7. More chance of me playing FB.
Exactly. The club is all in on Hynes. He is the 7 for years.

For the sake of the team he needs to get his mindset right. Seems to be in his head and playing without focus. He wants to be the man and that means leading all the time.

The origin situation seems to be messing with his head like last year. If he gets picked and stinks it up, will he drop his bundle again? If he gets dropped will he drop his bundle?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Exactly. The club is all in on Hynes. He is the 7 for years.

For the sake of the team he needs to get his mindset right. Seems to be in his head and playing without focus. He wants to be the man and that means leading all the time.

The origin situation seems to be messing with his head like last year. If he gets picked and stinks it up, will he drop his bundle again? If he gets dropped will he drop his bundle?
Yes, to all of this.

The hybridisation model of transforming Nicho into a halfback has periods of working and then periods where the decision will get questioned. I'm in a space where I am questioning it at the moment. It's like the plan is to evolve the fella into a half who keeps all his utility skills he brought from Melbourne and still try and steer a team around the park. He seems conflicted to me, mentally and in his game play. He's fixated on the blind side as well. Especially on the right hand side. That may be confusing to the others. I mean, it seems like we play 2 halves. The right half and the left half.

Yes, to all of this.

The hybridisation model of transforming Nicho into a halfback has periods of working and then periods where the decision will get questioned. I'm in a space where I am questioning it at the moment. It's like the plan is to evolve the fella into a half who keeps all his utility skills he brought from Melbourne and still try and steer a team around the park. He seems conflicted to me, mentally and in his game play. He's fixated on the blind side as well. Especially on the right hand side. That may be confusing to the others. I mean, it seems like we play 2 halves. The right half and the left half.
He can also jam himself on right side trying to put a kick in

Frenzy.

Post Whore
1. Bubba
2. Big Sexy
3. Noodles
4. Iro???
5. Ronnie
6. Roadside / Tricky
7. Nicho - Bottles
8. Toby
9. Tinkerbell (formerly known as B2)
10. Herb
11. Nikora???
12. Teig???
13. McInnes???

14. Williams???
15. Lurch
16. TPP (The Pied Piper (of Hamlin))
17. Talakai / Hunt (should be nicknamed ‘Beast Mode’)

18. DA - Dinner Ale
Amended. The ability to miss out on big moments needs an appropriate nickname

bluefox68

Staff member
We are now in the ‘nothing to lose’ phase.

This gives Tricky the chance to run the team at 7, and DA to run the ball at 6… Obviously, we’re hoping he can improve his passing game.

We were definitely playing more north/south footy with DA rather than trying to go side to side with Nicho, which felt like (with DA) a better brand of footy.

This could end up being better than expected.

SharkShocked

Bench
I just hope they play footy with Nicho gone.

Throw the ball around a bit. See if some of the players have the skills we are told they do.

Forget the one out / grind bullshit they don’t do it great with their strongest side. Have a go.

sladden road

Juniors
We will now beat the tigers this weekend.

This is what the team and Nico needed. Gift wrapped in shit.

Nico can get away from the pressure and concentrate on Nico.

tricky can run the team and Dinner have the composure of a goldfish, one swim round the tank it’s all forgotten and off we go again. No more head noise affecting the team.
This will galvanise the group.

Chimp

Bench
The one-out runs need to end, especially when we are using wingers as battering rams.
This, coupled with our complete lack of threat or craft from dummy half is killing us.

I’d love to know the stats on how many tries we have scored from dummy half this season and last compared to every other team. I’d also like to see the same stat for tries scored from within 10 meters of opponents line. I’ll bet ya were last on the table.
This weekend alone there were so many tries scored by the dummy half, and loads more where the hooker actually steps out with the ball first, engages some defenders and then passes, creating space, we have none of that.
I’m gonna chase Wally the stats man from Fox on those numbers, see if he can provide them.

Latest posts