What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Parra Future

Juniors
Ron,

I'm not real sure for the reasons regarding question 1. Maybe Guru can fill us in when he is next online. I agree it would be good to get everybody back at the club and keep the money flowing through there, still, lets wait to see what Guru and the other guys have to say. There may be reasons behind this.

On question 2, we have been in touch with Sterlo. Sterlo does wish to be involved with the club in whatever ways that he can. One of the reasons why he could not run with 3P is that he currently has alot on his plate in regards to his business dealings. I am led to believe however that Sterlo will be at the Club on election day to cast his vote. Obviously alot of Sterlo's team mates are involved with 3P so they have alot of conversations with him on what is happening. We would be inviting Sterlo to attend as many things as he possibly could if the voters give us the chance to take control.

Hope that helps.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Col, you can go to bed if you like... you have a big week ahead of you! :lol:

Parra Future

Juniors
JessEel,

You are a legend. I have been waiting for someone to tell me to go to bed for the last 48 hours. Staring at the screen has made my eyes look like this :sarcasm: . Talk to you all during the week.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron,

I'm not real sure for the reasons regarding question 1. Maybe Guru can fill us in when he is next online. I agree it would be good to get everybody back at the club and keep the money flowing through there, still, lets wait to see what Guru and the other guys have to say. There may be reasons behind this.

Yeah i think Guru would probably be more in the know in regards to that question, fair enough. However we should be doing everything possible to maximise funds even if it's relatively small, which as you have stated is something you are emphasising alot.

Maybe we should get Guru to perform a duet with Jr at the club afterwards, take bets to who is the first one not to stay in key? :lol:;-) just kidding.

On question 2, we have been in touch with Sterlo. Sterlo does wish to be involved with the club in whatever ways that he can. One of the reasons why he could not run with 3P is that he currently has alot on his plate in regards to his business dealings. I am led to believe however that Sterlo will be at the Club on election day to cast his vote. Obviously alot of Sterlo's team mates are involved with 3P so they have alot of conversations with him on what is happening. We would be inviting Sterlo to attend as many things as he possibly could if the voters give us the chance to take control.

Hope that helps.

Having a person like Sterlo having some input regardless if small would be extremely beneficial to our club, a very knowledgeble person, a winner and very articulate and intelligent. We need more of these people at our club which is what i've been hoping for for quite sometime.

Parra Future

Juniors
Ron,

Well you are going to get it (regarding ex-players being more available to be in attendance) if you can help get people to vote us in.

By the way, you need to go to bed too. Thats my last post for tonight.

See ya.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Night buddy, we will be back to picking your brains first thing in the morning. Let us know if we can be of any assistance

strider

Post Whore
JessEel,

You are a legend. I have been waiting for someone to tell me to go to bed for the last 48 hours. Staring at the screen has made my eyes look like this :sarcasm: . Talk to you all during the week.

woohoo ... the 3Pers getting into the smilies .... use this one :crazy: .... and this :fist:

^b0ss^

Juniors
i am a perpetual member of the leagues club ......and one thing that has always got under my skin is the wearing of the jersey after the game ....

from memory they have changed the rule so that you can wear your jersey after the game now in the club.

but being a LEAGUES club surely you should be able to wear your teams colours (jersey) on any day of the week.

thats just my 2 cents worth.

i know that is a leagues club issue and not a footy club issue ..but i did hear there would be electing for the leagues board and some of these "rebels" would be putting there hand up for that also .

I have two more questions:

On one hand, you guys have been saying that photo ID should be required when voting at the AGM but on another hand you have been talking about allowing proxy voting.

So, what measures will be taken in regards to proxy voting that will ensure they are given the same scrutiny as in-attendance voting?

Also, with 1-year (immediate) voting rights for members - Isn't there a concern that this will allow "branch stacking" and bring instability to the board?

Cheers.

Firstly to Hellsy,

I am trying to show some respect for them, using real names like Colin has done, can only show respect.

To the rest of you that believe I am being defencive, that is for you. I am simply asking questions. I personally don't go in for blue sky promises. I want some substance to know what I am voting for. I have yet to see much substance in the ticket from their letter, so given the opportunity I asked more questions to help me decide.

To those that think I am working for "my mates" on the board, running cover, again that is for you. But I do not act as their agent on line, like Parra Futures does here for the 3P ticket.

As to Colin (PF's) Question. Let me understand it first. You are asking me, if I believe that Denis Fitzgerald had influence over player retention or recruitment while Brian Smith, and Michael Hagan were head coach's of this club. I would assume that you could also include Jason Taylor into that mix?

If that is your question, I can say the answer as far as I understand it is NO. Brian Smith and Tony Zappia had control over the player retention and recruitment, which became Andrew Hill after Zappia left. Coach Hagan taking over responsibility of recruitment for the 2007 season in 2006.

All Mr Fitzgerald does is announce the deal, while members of the board sign the contract.

Lastly to Ron. I did not have a Job at ParraTV. Everything I did was voluntary. As ParraTV is changing, I am not sure what I might be doing with ParraTV next year, so either way that has nothing to do with my questions asked to the candidates.

Last edited:

junior009

Juniors
To those that think I am working for "my mates" on the board, running cover, again that is for you. But I do not act as their agent on line, like Parra Futures does here for the 3P ticket.

Maybe not in an official capacity Mark but it certainly appears that way. Might I suggest you go back and read some of your previous post objectively. You might see why so many have formed that opinion.

Maybe not in an official capacity Mark but it certainly appears that way. Might I suggest you go back and read some of your previous post objectively. You might see why so many have formed that opinion.

You know I often do, and I still can't see it. Sorry mate, care to highlight it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its great to see this interaction

I am eligible to vote, however I live 1,000 ks away and they dont accept proxies

you can imagine how frustrating this is for me

junior009

Juniors
You know I often do, and I still can't see it. Sorry mate, care to highlight it.
Honestly mate if I had the time I could give you many, many examples as I'm sure everybody else here could. That probably sounds like a cop out but I'll try and do it tonight when I might have a bit more free time.

Mark, I don't mean it to seem like I'm having shot at you personally but your the only one sticking your head up...so to speak.

fish eel

Immortal

Mate, while you might not see your posts as 'cover for your mates', the tone of much of your posts certainly suggests so.

A good example is your indifference to the proxy issue.

One thing I will say, is that your defence(whether it be througb defending them or questioning the challengers), isnt a bad thing. You've friendly with people on the board, we all know that - but it's not a bad thing. Loyalty is nothing to be ashamed of.

I just hope you speak more frankly with them privately.....

Latest posts