What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

sorry mickdo
that would be one of the first areas we would look at , i dont understand why the board elections should not be held every year , we want to be held accountable for our performance and that should be reviewed every year

Hi there Guru,

Firstly, an honour to talk to one of the eels greats, i still remember my dad telling me in one of the 80'd GF if her saw you running down a wing with all that hair and power he wouldnt dare stick his arm out to tackle you.

Secondly, This is very refreshing to hear, a board that wants to be accountable like that.

I cant vote but i really do hope you guys get in and can make some of the positive changes you are talking about.

the guru

Juniors
Oh boy :?

the plan should be 1 to 5 years in the makiing to win a premiership and with that the crowds should follow , i think getting the right players to the club and having the rite mix with juniors coming through , this is the intention and no-one can guarantee the future but we want to give it the best oppurtunity we can to reach these intentions .

bartman

Immortal
If yearly elections continue for example at the football club an your ticket were to run and be successful in the football club elections, the leagues club would have to hold an extra-ordinary meeting and vote to include new football club directors.
Sounds like a good plan to me, actually... like Mr Grothe I'm yet to see a good case for elections being pushed out to every two years either.

Bob Gare

Juniors
Belly in brissy:
I love brissy it is a great city if that is where you live.
The Parramatta Brand we believe is extremely marketable. Now I dont think that the current board believes any different to us.
We have started tonite on this site to show that things will be different.
We have great marketable current first graders and rising stars PLUS 3 of the greatest people to wear our jersey. Behind the scenes are further legends and business people determind to make change.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Relax fella.

Notice the word "relatively" ? On Sunday, ask each of the 600 odd members if they knew of this thread, and should it have been the major stage on which to do the preaching?

as for the questions, I think I may have just asked them.

do yourself a favour and check out the "Join the football club thread" and see how many of the 250 or so members that Hellsy single handidly arranged to sign up using this forum as a tool and you'll see that not many of those names are regular posters, you'd be surprised no..shocked!!! at the amount of regulard visitors and members in this forum that don't post, there's atleast 6 that I know who are either involved with the club or a season ticket holders alone that don't post but are regular readers of this forum.

MITS,

I've read alot of your posts. Its interesting that you just want to go to the games and thats it. You might find you would win some more friends if you actually gave a hoot about the actual club that helps put the team on the field. Theres more to it then putting 13 on a field and 4 on a bench. Tonight all you have done is critisise alot. If you don't want people on here we can all go away and fans can keep being upset that nothing changes. I think you need to realise that we are TRYING to make changes happen. There is a difference between people who stand up, and people who stick their heads in the stand. Its a real pity your taking the wrong option.

Dearest Mr Green,

I thought that this was going to be a thread where no personal attacks were made. Was that not your mantra at the start of it?

I don't just want to go to games. I for the greatest time have cared about the longevity and survival of this club and indeed winning a premiership, to say I only want to go to games is unfortunately a massively incorrect and quite arrogantly presumptive statement.

Tonight I have made a correction and then asked for clarifications on the candidates statements, as I believe them to either be false or misleading, according to my own knowledge from attending football club meetings for the last decade.

Threatening to pull such candidates from this open forum, shows a complete disregard to the supposed "Open and Transparent" culture you are trying to promote and cultivate. I am sorry if my questions appear to tough for your candidates.

I realise you are trying to make change, I realise that is what you think is right for the club. I as a voting member have a right as given on this forum to question that change do I not?

As I have said I will never run for the board, at least not in opposition to this one, but to accuse me of putting my head in the "Stand"? What does that mean any rate? Don't you mean sand?

I have been the one on this forum for the last 3 or so years, taking this questions to the board, as I am not afraid to go up directly to them and ask a question. I have gotten a great deal of responses as well, some that have pleased the supporters, and some that have not. So before you go off making some quite baseless accusations I suggest you do your research.

If I am a swinging voter, how would this treatment be perceived.

Regards,
Mark Hepworth

the guru

Juniors
Hi there Guru,

Firstly, an honour to talk to one of the eels greats, i still remember my dad telling me in one of the 80'd GF if her saw you running down a wing with all that hair and power he wouldnt dare stick his arm out to tackle you.

Secondly, This is very refreshing to hear, a board that wants to be accountable like that.

I cant vote but i really do hope you guys get in and can make some of the positive changes you are talking about.

we would like the the board to be renewed , with players retiring
such as when hindmarsh and cayless finish we would endorse them to sit for the board so new and freshh ideas continue .

Raudonikis

Juniors
I cant vote and have only been following parra since the magpies were booted out.
But i hope there is change cos i dont want to see parra go down the drain in 5 years. The club needs change to go forward and i hope you guys get in.

off topic abit, was there or is there any intention to involve Peter Sterling in the club, i believe he has a great head for the game also.

the plan should be 1 to 5 years in the makiing to win a premiership and with that the crowds should follow , i think getting the right players to the club and having the rite mix with juniors coming through , this is the intention and no-one can guarantee the future but we want to give it the best oppurtunity we can to reach these intentions .

Mr Grothe,

Thank you for the answer, but if I may ask a follow up.

How do you feel that the current side is not being given that opportunity?

Regards,
Mark Hepworth

Parra

Referee
we would like the the board to be renewed , with players retiring
such as when hindmarsh and cayless finish we would endorse them to sit for the board so new and freshh ideas continue .

I love this idea.

The whole idea of a footy club is to play footy & win comps.

Who knows this better than past champions & current players?

Bob Gare

Juniors
The ceo is a paid employee of the club. I have been on the board of this club. The board directs the ceo. Our 3P legends do NOT want to get involved in operational matters.

the guru

Juniors
You're doing well Mr Grothe :thumn

A question for you if you get the chance. With these elections being about the Footy Club (Junior teams and our Wenty side) can you tell us a bit about your experience with junior league (coaching involvements etc) and knowledge about arrangements with our Wenty team (essentially Eels reserve grade)?
hi bartman
it is really hard to keep up with the juniors its seems to change every year , to be honest im not sure of the arrangment with wenty but if elected will find out how it all ties in , i coached our jesey flegg side in 1995 . i find it really hard not to have the reserve grade side in the same colours as our first grade team , but they are saying these are nessecary changes for the future of junior football , id like to look into that alot more

Hellsy

Immortal
do yourself a favour and check out the "Join the football club thread" and see how many of the 250 or so members that Hellsy single handidly arranged to sign up using this forum as a tool and you'll see that not many of those names are regular posters, you'd be surprised no..shocked!!! at the amount of regulard visitors and members in this forum that don't post, there's atleast 6 that I know who are either involved with the club or a season ticket holders alone that don't post but are regular readers of this forum.

And I have many more forms to send out this week too!!!!! I just had Jess, Holic and Niks co-sign a stack more for me :D :D :D

Eric - You are doing just fine.
3P - We all really appreciate the time you are giving to explain things to us

Stagger eel

Staff member
PF, Bob and The Guru..

Our club have dropped the ball considerably when it came to celebrating our wonderful past, i work fulltime at ANZ stadium and have seen first hand how Canterbury, St George and South Sydney have used their home matches to celebrate the achievements of their legends, what I'm talking about are Banners at Souths games which have the likes of Sattler and Piggins on them a ring of legends which Canterbury proudly display at the southern end of the stadium, legends who hand jerseys out to players prior to them running out and having old footage of a particular legend on the big screen and we can dedicate the day to his achievements for eg: 1 week it could be Ken Thornett the other week could be Peter Sterling and so on...

do we have plans of doing something similar to that in the future??

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Guru. I knew you had experience over the years re junior footy (local age groups, as well as a Parra side), and I think knowledge of how all that works from a participant perspective will probably serve you well on the Footy Club Board.

I agree with you on the Wenty team thing - while the arrangement may be financially necessary, I'd love to see if it is possible for that Wenty team to play on Parra Stadium game day more ofetn... might be a winner for Parra and Wenty sides of the coin.

Bob Gare

Juniors
It has been great to talk to you all tonite. I give an undertaking that over the next week I will answer all your q's.
The roast is a bit dry by now but I have enjoyed this time.

"there are four things that never return to you: the spoken word, time spent, the spent arrow and missed opportunity"

Latest posts