What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Sorry so you think me saying that 10:10 to 10:40 was dirty pool?

I can only say no, I have seen these meetings go for 35 minutes, we get to voting in 10 minutes, so no I don't think that was Dirty Pool, just me trying to be accurate.

I think any person who turns up to vote after 10:00am is leaving their ability to vote in the hands of other people.

strider

Post Whore
junior009 .... i don't believe anything intentially misleading took place

it was all a mis-understanding .... it then progressed into a name calling sh*tfight :lol:

junior009

Juniors
No I don't think you're guilty of dirty pool at all. I do however think that the people who publicised that the meeting starts at 10am but neglected to mention voting starts an hour earlier and will finish shortly after 10am are.

I now agree that anyone who turns up at 10am is leaving their ability to vote in the hands of others. If it hadn't been for this thread and PF posting what he did I and likely many others would not have known. Which leads me to wonder how many other voting members out there that don't frequent this board are also unaware.

fish eel

Immortal
I have to say, it does seem a strange process to vote where the polls close at any time within a given time frame........

junior009

Juniors
junior009 .... i don't believe anything intentially misleading took place

it was all a mis-understanding .... it then progressed into a name calling sh*tfight :lol:

It certainly progressed there....and was kinda entertaining to watch.

I don't at all blame Mark for the misunderstanding, it's not his job to publicise anything. I do blame others, but I've been tod I can't name them as it may leave the site open to a libel suit (if you can believe that).:roll:

No I don't think you're guilty of dirty pool at all. I do however think that the people who publicised that the meeting starts at 10am but neglected to mention voting starts an hour earlier and will finish shortly after 10am are.

I now agree that anyone who turns up at 10am is leaving their ability to vote in the hands of others. If it hadn't been for this thread and PF posting what he did I and likely many others would not have known. Which leads me to wonder how many other voting members out there that don't frequent this board are also unaware.

Sorry, I am still failing to see your point. So help me out here.

When were you expecting voting to finish?

junior009

Juniors
Sorry, I am still failing to see your point. So help me out here.

When were you expecting voting to finish?

Having not been to one before I would have anticipated if the meeting started at 10am voting would begin either at 10am or shortly thereafter. Until Dr Johnson's letter and PF posting here there had been no mention whatsoever of voting starting earlier than that. Sure you and others that have been to previous AGM's may know but as you and everybody else knows there will be many people attending the meeting for the first time.

Personally I don't think it was an accidental oversight.

Ben G M

Juniors
[

The job of the board is to turn Fans into Supporters.

[/quote]

Fair call. The way i see it is that the best way to do this is through participation, not exclusion. Personally as a young bloke (or even today) i would love the chance to meet the players, the power brokers of the club and the sponsors. Basically anyone who is having an impact on the club and its future. If we can get the messages through to them, then change, to whatever direction is inevitable and for the better as it is the voice of the people.

Ben G M

Juniors
i may be just completely caught up in this whole election - but posts like that are EXACTELY what Parra fans need to hear. We've become so accustomed to being told what we are getting and told to like it!!

Glad you agree Jess. You should come on down to the Leagues Club on Sunday (even if you are not able to vote). Meet some of the "Golden Oldies" and have your voice heard!

Having not been to one before I would have anticipated if the meeting started at 10am voting would begin either at 10am or shortly thereafter. Until Dr Johnson's letter and PF posting here there had been no mention whatsoever of voting starting earlier than that. Sure you and others that have been to previous AGM's may know but as you and everybody else knows there will be many people attending the meeting for the first time.

Personally I don't think it was an accidental oversight.

Again I still fail to see how that is a problem? People can put their ballot in the ballot box, up to an hour earlier. I guess I am not joining the dots up correctly. Still when you turn up to the AGM you will get your Ballot and be able to either vote then or Sit down and wait for Alan Overton to call for the vote and vote then.

eels81236

Bench
Grothe, Kenny and Price would still be the public face, quote]

and as the public faces what heve we heard from price kenny and grothe?

grothe came on and said he doesnt know how the junior and/or wenty system works. he wants to help in player recruitment and retention but didnt know the board and DF have little to no imput into such areas. he wants to just advise them...a talent scout perhaps? other than that he just wants to do his little bit whatever that means.

price has said virtually nothing the whole "campaign" other than to re iterate his dislike for DF

kenny has said absolutely nothing. not even confirmed that there are miraculously an extra few hours in his day to do the job he didnt have time for just a couple of months ago.

atlest obama had oprah winfrey et al

eels81236

Bench
If a young inside back has had a terrible first half, who better than Eric Groth to give him a pep talk at half time?

with all due respect, this is the furthest thing from a board members responsibility as you would find. the position of the board is for administrative matters pertaing the the overall function of the club.

Coaches, consultants and the like are employed for the "speech" purposes.

Suitman

Post Whore
with all due respect, this is the furthest thing from a board members responsibility as you would find. the position of the board is for administrative matters pertaing the the overall function of the club.

Coaches, consultants and the like are employed for the "speech" purposes.

Agreed, this is way out of the boards jurisdiction.
But I'd like to think that the board and the Coach could have such an amiciable relationship that ideas like these could be taken on board, without treading on the coaches toes, so to speak.
And yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that the current footy club board only look after the junior teams.
This may only happen when they revert control.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Yet he comes out and post untrue comments, that in the eyes of at least one fan (no not me), detracted from the reputation of the current board, and was qualified with the following.

So I only hold Col to his original comments.
What did he post that was actually untrue Mark? ](*,)

He posted a rumour - based on something that was first mentioned to members in Dr Johnson's letter (and NOT as one would have expected in the club's Notice of AGM) - and posted a change of plans for the BBQ time.

He then posted an opinion about the change in timing arrangements that first came to light in Dr Johnson's letter - something all of us do on here about any Eels related issue 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

To the many people that have not had the chance to attend and vote at a FC AGM, it is not clear when voting stops. You have explained your take on it since, but at the time Colin made his post, it would have been a genuine concern to many that the shift might have been so that voting ceased by 10am. There are no timings on the agenda items as listed in the notice, and no information on voting process (for the benefit of new and old members) included in that letter. More sloppy governance work from the FC I would say...

Colin was justified to make his post about it here imo. If the paid employees of the club responsible for the sending of AGM letters/material for some reason can't be made or directed by their managers to communicate information and apparent timing changes properly with their members (old and new), then imo the onus shouldn't then be placed on each individual member to have to chase up someone at the club with individual phone calls at their own expense, before being "alllowed" to form, have or express an opinion about something they have read or heard.

eels81236

Bench
Agreed, this is way out of the boards jurisdiction.
But I'd like to think that the board and the Coach could have such an amiciable relationship that ideas like these could be taken on board, without treading on the coaches toes, so to speak.
And yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that the current footy club board only look after the junior teams.
This may only happen when they revert control.

Suity

Knowing Daniel Anderson, he would put up with it for about 30 seconds.

bartman

Immortal
Again I still fail to see how that is a problem? People can put their ballot in the ballot box, up to an hour earlier. I guess I am not joining the dots up correctly. Still when you turn up to the AGM you will get your Ballot and be able to either vote then or Sit down and wait for Alan Overton to call for the vote and vote then.
You might have known this MITS. Many others didn't.

The club is responsible for communicating membership, governance and voting processes to its members, new and old - something I think it is clear it doesn't do well.

I'm not blaming the Board for that - I'd probably blame management, and this Kevin Wise (?) you speak of, for not having the ability to direct/train/educate/prioritise his staff's time to get the communication to members about these things to such a state (through a website, or direct communication) that members are left in the dark, or to each come chasing the info on an individual basis.