What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgraceful Shameful NRL Signing

DJShaksta

First Grade
Muzby - clearly she died from trying to digest the repetitive rubbish Bunniesman posts on here

Danish

Referee
Naive way of thinking. If he was guilty of assault he'd have a conviction to his name. And what do the newspapers tv stations etc have to do with anything?

So Todd Carney was not actually driving over the limit in Feb then??

He has no conviction recorded for it...

Eels Dude

Coach
So Todd Carney was not actually driving over the limit in Feb then??

He has no conviction recorded for it...

Any link you can provide to say he recieved no conviction for it? Quite certain a conviction was recorded against him.

Fingerbang

Bench
Precisely. It's pretty sad really. Makes you wonder what these people get up to in their own lives. Unforunately the kind of immorality that makes a 15 year old kid think he can behave like he did is still alive and well in society, as evidenced here.
And....my favourite post on all this....well done ECT.

Yep, lets just kill all the kids who commit horrible crimes. You volunteering to pull the trigger?

Makes me wonder if all those saying in here that he should be banned for life, punished even more than the court ruled punishment he got and served, persecuted every day of the rest of his life, no second chances at all. Would you feel the same way if your son or brother commited the same crime? I daresay you would find forgiveness in your stonecold hearts then. If you say no to that....you are lying for the sake of your opinions in here.

And please....show me where I said I don't think his crime was disgusting, or where I said I feel nothing for the then girlfriend and unborn child. Just because I think he should not stopped from a second chance at life or bettering himself, does not mean I am ignoring his victims from 8 years ago.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
And....my favourite post on all this....well done ECT.

Yep, lets just kill all the kids who commit horrible crimes. You volunteering to pull the trigger?

Makes me wonder if all those saying in here that he should be banned for life, punished even more than the court ruled punishment he got and served, persecuted every day of the rest of his life, no second chances at all. Would you feel the same way if your son or brother commited the same crime? I daresay you would find forgiveness in your stonecold hearts then. If you say no to that....you are lying for the sake of your opinions in here.
FFS no one is saying he shouldn't get any employment. Just not as a professional football player. This is an elite job. A privelige. Not a right. He can go and get a trade or something. He doesn't deserve the privelige of playing our sport at the highest level.

skeepe

Immortal
BunniesMan, since you seem to have trouble understanding the concept of a Diversion Order, here's an article that should clear it up for you:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ail-with-apology/story-e6frf7kx-1111114922332

Key points I'd like you to note:

The conviction-free sentences are part of a $6 million scheme that aims to keep law-breakers away from court and out of prison.
More than 30,000 confessed offenders remain cleanskins after being placed on the Magistrates' Court criminal diversion program since it started in 2001.
Only those who plead guilty to minor offences -- such as assault, theft, vandalism or careless driving -- qualify for the scheme.

Note that last part... they must plead guilty to the offence before they qualify for a Diversion Order.

Given that Inglis was placed on a Diversion Order for the charge of unlawful assault, it is therefore 100% correct to say Inglis admitted to assault. That's the name of the charge, and without admitting to it he would not have qualified for a Diversion Order.

For someone with such an allegedly high IQ, you're quite stupid.

God-King Dean

Immortal
All I can say is when the PM (or whoever it is) puts a Clive Churchill medal around his neck after we win #21 it will have a whole lot of extra satisfaction come with it because everyone of you geniuss who continue to accuse him of things he hasn't done. There really has never been a better use of the phrase "your mum should have swallowed".

That would be the wife of Clive - Joyce.

You know, the wife of the South Sydney Immortal?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That would be the wife of Clive - Joyce.

You know, the wife of the South Sydney Immortal?

champagne-comedy.gif

but hey, he didn't know tina turna either..

Billythekid

First Grade

Who the hell is saying this? You're arguing with yourself.

The NRL is a sporting organisation that relies on sponsors for the game to survive. No sponsor is going to want to be associated with a person like that and if the is a big media fuss about it you may very well see sponsors pulling out.

I don't think he should be punished for life but i also would never be dumb enough to sign him to an NRL club.

Also if my brother commited a crime like this i would never talk to them again no matter what punishment they served. It's a dispicable act and i want nothing to do with someone capable of performing it.

Slammin

Juniors
I completely agree with Bunniesman

I think it is fair to say that most of you are well out of your depth. BM seems quite competent in legal proceedings and leads me to believe he has a career involved in law.

BM could you please explain again for those idiots that don't get why GI is not guilty of assault whilst Greg Bird is. Just dumb it down for them if you have to to get it through their thick skulls.

Also could you show me how to explain to people that Allan Langer isn't guilty of DUI? As in this article which mentions both Langers and Inglis's court cases: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sault-conviction/story-e6frg7mf-1225852940190

As you'll see Langer wasn't convicted of DUI yet people still try to claim to me that he's guilty of it. WTF??? I get frustrated and don't know how to explain sensibly why he isn't guilty of it. Please help.

Also should you ever find yourself charged by the police and facing the magistrate please PM me as I would be honoured to turn up to show support to yourself and also to watch your expertise at work whilst you dazzle the court room.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I completely agree with Bunniesman

I think it is fair to say that most of you are well out of your depth. BM seems quite competent in legal proceedings and leads me to believe he has a career involved in law.

BM could you please explain again for those idiots that don't get why GI is not guilty of assault whilst Greg Bird is. Just dumb it down for them if you have to to get it through their thick skulls.

Also could you show me how to explain to people that Allan Langer isn't guilty of DUI? As in this article which mentions both Langers and Inglis's court cases: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sault-conviction/story-e6frg7mf-1225852940190

As you'll see Langer wasn't convicted of DUI yet people still try to claim to me that he's guilty of it. WTF??? I get frustrated and don't know how to explain sensibly why he isn't guilty of it. Please help.

Also should you ever find yourself charged by the police and facing the magistrate please PM me as I would be honoured to turn up to show support to yourself and also to watch your expertise at work whilst you dazzle the court room.

wow.. did you read past the first paragraph of that article? it clearly debunks your argument...

here:

Inglis was charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault late last year, following an incident which left his girlfriend Sally Robinson nursing a black eye. The charge of recklessly causing injury was withdrawn yesterday, while the other charge was dealt with through the diversion program.

so.. his other charge of unlawful assault was not withdrawn, he admitted fault & undewent a program to avoid a permanent conviction..

he admitted that he did it, simple as that.. he just avoids having a legal black mark against his name...

it's the whole tree falling in the forest argument..

Slammin

Juniors
I think you need to read through the entire post again Muzby and hopefully you catch on. I thought I made it obvious. : )

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
obviously i'm one of the dumb ones..

please, explain to me how greg inglis did not hit his girlfriend nor admitted it in a court of law...

Eels Dude

Coach

The NRL is a sporting organisation that relies on sponsors for the game to survive. No sponsor is going to want to be associated with a person like that and if the is a big media fuss about it you may very well see sponsors pulling out.

If the Warriors want to sign him and risk it it's their choice. Obviously they feel he has turned his life around somewhat, has redeemed himself after 8 or so years and if they're happy to offer him a contract now then I don't think we should be argueing about it. Sponsors react to the general public' reactions and if people weren't making a big deal of it like they are in this thread then they probably wouldn't give a s**t.
Also if my brother commited a crime like this i would never talk to them again no matter what punishment they served. It's a dispicable act and i want nothing to do with someone capable of performing it.

That's your choice. Not everyone is like that though. And I doubt you know how you would react if your brother or friend did such a thing. You may say that's how you'd act now, but unless that did happen then we don't really know. I certainly don't know how I'd react if someone I was close did such an act. I can say I would react one way now, but in reality I don't know how I'd react and very few people would.

Slammin

Juniors
SMH. Muzby you are missing it completely. I'll give you time to work it out. Go over my post again and read it carefully. You'll get it. Probably my fault as it would be picked up easier in other threads if people weren't so used to BM.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
SMH. Muzby you are missing it completely. I'll give you time to work it out. Go over my post again and read it carefully. You'll get it. Probably my fault as it would be picked up easier in other threads if people weren't so used to BM.

wow.. i can hear your pedals in motion as they move very quickly backwards..

don't try the old "oh, you go read it out".

i'm saying right here right now that i don't get what you are trying to say, and no amount of re-reading the same 10 lines of text will change that..

so please point it out to me (and the other 99% of people reading)..

Eels Dude

Coach

If the Warriors want to sign him and risk it it's their choice. Obviously they feel he has turned his life around somewhat, has redeemed himself after 8 or so years and if they're happy to offer him a contract now then I don't think we should be argueing about it. Sponsors react to the general public' reactions and if people weren't making a big deal of it like they are in this thread then they probably wouldn't give a s**t.

That's your choice. Not everyone is like that though. And I doubt you know how you would react if your brother or friend did such a thing. You may say that's how you'd act now, but unless that did happen then we don't really know. I certainly don't know how I'd react if someone I was close did such an act. I can say I would react one way now, but in reality I don't know how I'd react and very few people would.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think you need to read through the entire post again Muzby and hopefully you catch on. I thought I made it obvious. : )

obviously i'm one of the dumb ones..

please, explain to me how greg inglis did not hit his girlfriend nor admitted it in a court of law...

wow.. i can hear your pedals in motion as they move very quickly backwards..

don't try the old "oh, you go read it out".

i'm saying right here right now that i don't get what you are trying to say, and no amount of re-reading the same 10 lines of text will change that..

so please point it out to me (and the other 99% of people reading)..
Muzby you f**king idiot he's being sarcastic.

Latest posts