What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgraceful Shameful NRL Signing

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wow El how long did you search for that quote ? A bit stalker like really.

So El are you in favor of this guy playing NRL again or are you going to just chuck a few insults my way ?

about a minute

what has that got to do with you being a racist?

probably the real reason you don't want him playing again

Eels Dude

Coach
You say shades of grey whilst I'd say a sh*t ton of grey areas.

Yes we all know legally he has served his time as per his sentence. He does have the right to make a life for himself but that doesn't mean he won't be scrutinised where ever he goes.

There are some places he will never be able to work because of his crime, he could apply for the cops and they'll take the application happily and return a "we regret to inform you" letter.

Whether you like it or not his crime will follow him forever, and should. Finishing a sentence doesn't mean you get a clean slate. Many job applications (been a few years since I've had to do one) have the {tick this box if you have been convicted}. He could apply to become a midwife but I doubt anyone would hire him.

Exactly. But in this particular case the Warriors have offered him a contract as a lifeline, years after the fact, and the NRL seem content with that. The only way he'll be properly rehabilitated is if he is given the opportunity to turn his life around. Don't give him that opportunity and he could end up a drug dealer or something for the remainder of his life simply because he's not allowed to make a living the honest way? What good is that for anyone?

But instead the Warriors gave him a contract and now kids can cheer on their new hero, his ex gf can get to see his name and face in the paper week in and out and his daughter when (if she doesn't know already) she finds out who she is can get to watch him every weekend. Lucky her.

Righteo. He has served his punishment as handed down by the courts. Nothing is going change what happened in the past regardless if we think the court's decision at the time was fair or not, it's done and dusted you need to think not emotionally but use common sense. He cannot take back what he did, the fact his name may be in the paper IF he does happen to crack it in first grade is really irrelevant and shouldn't be taken into account.

effnic

Bench
The same people calling watmough and matai scum are in here saying let this bloke play. You f**kwits dont know the meaning of the word scum. If that was my daughter this guy wouldnt be breathing.

Slammin

Juniors
The only way he'll be properly rehabilitated is if he is given the opportunity to turn his life around.

Does he need to be gifted the opportunity? He can go get a job, and learn to be a man. He shouldn't get the chance to live the high life of a rugby league player.

you need to think not emotionally but use common sense. He cannot take back what he did, the fact his name may be in the paper IF he does happen to crack it in first grade is really irrelevant and shouldn't be taken into account.

I think it is you not using common sense. His crime doesn't allow him to go unnoticed the rest of his life and let it be forgotten. That is complete ignorance on your behalf. No convict will go unnoticed, they will always be checked on where ever they go in the workforce. And now you are upset it is being scrutinised. The NRL and Warriors should have used common sense by not signing him.

As far as I'm concerned he gave up his chance to have any life he wanted when he tried to take his daughters life away.

Eels Dude

Coach
Does he need to be gifted the opportunity? He can go get a job, and learn to be a man. He shouldn't get the chance to live the high life of a rugby league player.

The high life? For all you know he could be on a second tier incentive deal worth squat. He has a family to support, think of of his partner and his two young children.

I think it is you not using common sense. His crime doesn't allow him to go unnoticed the rest of his life and let it be forgotten. That is complete ignorance on your behalf. No convict will go unnoticed, they will always be checked on where ever they go in the workforce. And now you are upset it is being scrutinised. The NRL and Warriors should have used common sense by not signing him.

As far as I'm concerned he gave up his chance to have any life he wanted when he tried to take his daughters life away.

I am using common sense while you're not. You're thinking emotionally and that's it. I agree he did a terrible act 8 years ago. I never said his conviction would be overlooked by any workeforce in fact I said the opposite. Of course it won't be overlooked. I simply said in this case he's been offered a career opportunity and he should be allowed to take advantage of that. You seem to be ignoring a lot of my points which makes me wonder why i should even both wasting my time responding to you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
disgraceful act. Im skeptical about the whole redeeming ones self through sport nonsense... this is tough, its such a despicable act

But i guess everyone deserves a second chance... i hope he makes the most of it. But what a horrible horrible person

mrpwnd

Bench
disgraceful act. Im skeptical about the whole redeeming ones self through sport nonsense... this is tough, its such a despicable act

But i guess everyone deserves a second chance... i hope he makes the most of it. But what a horrible horrible person
x2
Absolute scumbag.

hitman82

Bench
Exactly. But in this particular case the Warriors have offered him a contract as a lifeline, years after the fact, and the NRL seem content with that. The only way he'll be properly rehabilitated is if he is given the opportunity to turn his life around. Don't give him that opportunity and he could end up a drug dealer or something for the remainder of his life simply because he's not allowed to make a living the honest way? What good is that for anyone?

Righteo. He has served his punishment as handed down by the courts. Nothing is going change what happened in the past regardless if we think the court's decision at the time was fair or not, it's done and dusted you need to think not emotionally but use common sense. He cannot take back what he did, the fact his name may be in the paper IF he does happen to crack it in first grade is really irrelevant and shouldn't be taken into account.

Well said.

Shaun is signed and registered and I wish him well in his career.

If people can't deal with that they should send an e-mail to NRL / Warriors HQ.

Frailty

First Grade
The same people calling watmough and matai scum are in here saying let this bloke play. You f**kwits dont know the meaning of the word scum. If that was my daughter this guy wouldnt be breathing.

Calm down precious... Pretty sure everyone agrees this guy is scum.

Frailty

First Grade
I can't help but think that Jason Ryles is to blame for this and should be rubbed out of the game for good.

Dazraider

Juniors
Why don't you go blow up some abortion clinics and kill a few doctors then?

Although, that would open yourself up to the same punishment, since you'd be committing murder yourself - so to avoid being a hypocrite you'd better make it a suicide bombing.

Are you ok? now your telling me that a guy kicking a women in the stomach while she is pregnant is the same as an abortion clinic where a lady chooses not to have the child.
Where in the hell do you get that from?

death penalty is the only way to decrease these type of things living in society, plus our world is getting over populated anyway.
Instant death penalty would make people think twice about attempted murder like this person even though with all the statistics in the world the reality is they are still living and still capable of doing this again,so terminate is only way to stop it.

skeepe

Immortal
Are you ok? now your telling me that a guy kicking a women in the stomach while she is pregnant is the same as an abortion clinic where a lady chooses not to have the child.
Where in the hell do you get that from?

death penalty is the only way to decrease these type of things living in society, plus our world is getting over populated anyway.
Instant death penalty would make people think twice about attempted murder like this person even though with all the statistics in the world the reality is they are still living and still capable of doing this again,so terminate is only way to stop it.

You were the one advocating anybody who procured an abortion should be summarily executed.

Dazraider

Juniors
You were the one advocating anybody who procured an abortion should be summarily executed.

where please? please show me where I stated this as Im baffled by this statement.
all i have said all along is a person that trys and kills an unborn baby should be dealt with in the death penalty,and have never stated that an abortion by a womens choice should be as well.
so show me where I said this and Ill shutup on this post

skeepe

Immortal
Dazraider said:
where please? please show me where I stated this as Im baffled by this statement.
all i have said all along is a person that trys and kills an unborn baby should be dealt with in the death penalty,and have never stated that an abortion by a womens choice should be as well.
so show me where I said this and Ill shutup on this post

Right there:

I was in control of the people that try to kill a unborn baby and have them given the death penalty

You said "people that try to kill a [sic] unborn baby". It can be inferred from that that you are talking about all people who have abortions, as that is basically what an abortion is.