What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Brycey,you had better check your history again mate.Souths premiers,1925,26,27,28,29.How does that make Easts the first to win 3 in a row.

HAHAHAHAHA RABBS i suggest you go back to school old son ... easts winning the comp in 1911, 1912, 1913 means that happened before '25, '26, '27, '28 and '29 LOL

We buy a TOP LINE halfback for 350-400k, then buy some backs and we are set.

then buy some forwards, a coach with half a brain and some handy reserves and you're set :crazy:

Brycey

Juniors
2009 will represent the first time we have shed ALL the rubbish our roster has. Losing all that experience from 2007, and to have the injuries we currently have in 2008 arent helping. We signed a good player, Luke Lewis, who i might add played outstanding tonight for the Panthers. So that means we have around 800k+ to spend. We buy a TOP LINE halfback for 350-400k, then buy some backs and we are set.
What happened to producing players eh? Aren't "your" precious Souths Juniors the be all and end all.

Brycey

Juniors
Easts were the first team to win three premierships (1911, 1912, 1913) in a row.
"Easts were again awarded the premiership and in doing so garnered the prize that had eluded Souths on countback in 1910. Easts became permanent holders of the league's premiership trophy - the "90 guinea RAS shield".

Source: GRand finals of the NSW rugby league by Alan whiticker
Didn't we get that back after giving it to Dally?

FMD and they say Souths fans are easy to bait! When ever my team is going bad I can always rely on the c0ck lovers here on good old LU to cheer me up. All I have to do is mention "pride of the league" and talk a little bit of history, (even though its apparently not that important) and suddenly you have 20 odd Roosters fans in here foaming at the mouth and two pages of absolute dribble. Well done guys, way to jump on the end of the hook.

Brycey

Juniors
Hey Rabbit, just because you so conveniently forgot to reply:
FMD 30 years, 30 premierships gone by. You guys are 1 / 30 and we are 0 / 30. Wow we've been owned. It has to have been by far the most succesful period in your clubs history! Lets face it, the Roosters are a second rate club and always have been. There is not one important stat from the last 100 years that you guys own and the jealousy shines like a beacon. No matter what period of Rugby League history we are talking, you have never been a dominant team and it burns you poor c0ck lovers big time. Come and see me when you guys have at least one dynasty!

1935-1945 (Premierships 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945), Runners up (1934, 1938, 1941).

First team to win 3 consecutive premierships.

Player of the year named after our player.

Most consecutive wins; 19

Biggest Grand Final win; 38-0 v Saints

Most games won

Most internationals produced

Highest try scorer in season

Just a few off the top of my head

souths are like the titanic.

all fanfare, massive hype.

no rudder

massive hole in the right hand side......

sinking to the bottom of the premiership.

souths are like the titanic.

all fanfare, massive hype.

no rudder

massive hole in the right hand side......

sinking to the bottom of the premiership.

And the Sharks are like Anna Kournikova, look great and at the start of the year everyone talks them up but at the end of the day they haven't won sh!t and never ever will. The perenial "making up the numbers" team of the NRL.

Its a shame that Dr Jeffrey Eddleston wasn't allowed to buy you guys back in the day. then we could have watched the Sharks go down in a pile of sh!t just like his chain of medical centres. Oh well, we'll just have to put up with your sh!thouse underperforming over rated team for a few more years until you are merged with St George Illawarra. At least then you will have some decent history to talk about.

speaking of ownership... "saviour" peter holmes a hac is still short of a sponsor.

and with your brilliant form so far you'll be lucky to get many FTA games. thats a big deal for them sponsors.

your jersey is still un available for sale. losing money there as well. good business. thumbs up.

meanwhile he lays off the drum squad due to budget cuts.

Peter Ha'c. on the ball.

Brycey

Juniors
On a side note...without wishing Souths unpleasantness, I hope they dont ifnd a sponsor.

How good do the jerseys look without the sponsor splashed across the front, I for one liked it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
speaking of ownership... "saviour" peter holmes a hac is still short of a sponsor.

and with your brilliant form so far you'll be lucky to get many FTA games. thats a big deal for them sponsors.

your jersey is still un available for sale. losing money there as well. good business. thumbs up.

meanwhile he lays off the drum squad due to budget cuts.

Peter Ha'c. on the ball.

I have no issue with the Sharks, I wish them well.

That said, since you want to talk about financial matters, I guess you forgot to mention the fact that the NSWRL bailed out your club in the 1980's, and that you went into receivership in the 1990's.

Who is to say that it won't happen again?

I have no issue with the Sharks, I wish them well.

That said, since you want to talk about financial matters, I guess you forgot to mention the fact that the NSWRL bailed out your club in the 1980's, and that you went into receivership in the 1990's.

Who is to say that it won't happen again?

it might. you cant predict the finacial future.

for years you could do nothing and still make a profit thanks to pokies. (st george is a prime example). the tax has bitten hard. our club has looked to change that with developments in the pipeline and what not. the word is that if it gets up and running..we will be pretty good and safe in the shire.

having said that its been talked about for as long as Axl Rose's new CD.

wether it happens or not remains to be seen.

whats done is done. we cant change the fact we were in recievership in the early 90's.

but im talking current and now.

Peter hac has a potential goldmine. souths are a very marketable team. but the sponsorship hasnt come up to what i think should be the level.

hink peter is slacking.

mxlegend99

Referee
Souths should have kept Joe Williams.

Atleast they could score points when he was on the field. I'm sure if you ask the Panthers we'll be more then happy to release him to you.

it might. you cant predict the finacial future.

for years you could do nothing and still make a profit thanks to pokies. (st george is a prime example). the tax has bitten hard. our club has looked to change that with developments in the pipeline and what not. the word is that if it gets up and running..we will be pretty good and safe in the shire.

having said that its been talked about for as long as Axl Rose's new CD.

wether it happens or not remains to be seen.

whats done is done. we cant change the fact we were in recievership in the early 90's.

but im talking current and now.

Peter hac has a potential goldmine. souths are a very marketable team. but the sponsorship hasnt come up to what i think should be the level.

hink peter is slacking.

I'm sure he isn't slacking. We have one home sponsor and are just looking for an away one. That said, our home sponsor is paying the equivalent to what most teams are getting from a single major sponsor anyways so I guess whoever puts their face to our away jumper will just be putting the cream on the coffee for us.

More sponsorship dollars then ever before, double the season ticket holders from last year and almost double the total membership so I'm sure that we are looking ok financially. We all know that if they can't sell the sponsorship based purely around football then Rusty just has to throw in a couple of appearances as a sweetener and the sponsors will come running. Its good to have friends in high places!