What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Souths should have kept Joe Williams.

Atleast they could score points when he was on the field. I'm sure if you ask the Panthers we'll be more then happy to release him to you.

Things could not be that bad that we would want him back. We tried for years to get rid of him, so thanks but no thanks for the offer.

Tom Ace

Bench
I've just realised why JT is sprouting this crap week after week following losses.

There is a membership based incentive in place for him and he's trying to get any Souffs fans deluded enough to think this is only a bad trot to sign up before they suffer any more losses so he reaches his quota.

Genius JT!

sharko

Juniors
How can a coach concentrate when he appears to have a dozen other people in the coaches box alongside him..first thing Tyalor should do is tell 90% of those hangers on to get the f**k out of my coaches box and stop being a distraction.
Secondly Taylor as a player was a goal kicker and in attack had a big cut out pass, you nailed Taylors runners then you nailed most of Taylors attacking options..this has influenced in his coaching.
Their last tackle options are dreadful, Sutton is a lock, not a 5/8, he can be very crestive but gets overwhelmed when marked closely.

mxlegend99

Referee
Things could not be that bad that we would want him back. We tried for years to get rid of him, so thanks but no thanks for the offer.
While he can be terrible, he has atleast one great game every 4 weeks.

That said, he is probably enjoying playing for Windsor Wolves, and wouldn't be happy if he was dropped to the Souths first grade team.

While he can be terrible, he has atleast one great game every 4 weeks.

That said, he is probably enjoying playing for Windsor Wolves, and wouldn't be happy if he was dropped to the Souths first grade team.

Wow, two wins under the belt and suddenly the Panthers fans are getting all high and mighty. Don't count the chickens too early boys, just remember where that spoon is currently housed.

SoftSydney

Juniors
FMD and they say Souths fans are easy to bait! When ever my team is going bad I can always rely on the c0ck lovers here on good old LU to cheer me up. All I have to do is mention "pride of the league" and talk a little bit of history, (even though its apparently not that important) and suddenly you have 20 odd Roosters fans in here foaming at the mouth and two pages of absolute dribble. Well done guys, way to jump on the end of the hook.

As a foundation club Soft Sydney is right were it belongs at the bottom.

I have no issue with the Sharks, I wish them well.

That said, since you want to talk about financial matters, I guess you forgot to mention the fact that the NSWRL bailed out your club in the 1980's, and that you went into receivership in the 1990's.

Who is to say that it won't happen again?

And to show their gratitude, they went off and took the filthy Murdoch dollar.

paulp

Juniors
Don't you love all the Sharks fans coming on to put the boot into Souths. Sharks what have they achieved in their over 40 years of existence... Zilch.

The best performance that I have heard of from the sharks was in a bus trip back from Canberra many years ago. One of the players decided to put on a famous video of Elles little sister only problem was Elles dad was president of the club and on the bus.

Ah the sharkies you got to love them and their supporters !

adamkungl

Immortal
Is JT still crapping on about Wing btw? I figured he wasn't worth listening to after he tearfully bumbled his way through the r1 press conference

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Dunno what people expected JT to say, his not going to come out in a press conference and say 'ah dammit thats it I guess guys we are gone for 2008, fans might aswell just stay away this year'.

It's good his remaining positive. I know how frustrating it is when your team hits rock bottom because of a bucketload of injuries, especially to key personell. There is not much a coach can do but stay positive and try and get his team up each week. I think Souths have a depth issue that's all, plus they have a few aging stars who are only a shadow of their former selves. I really do hate Souths but im not gonna ride them off, if they get a few players back from injury and teams start taking them litely they may play in the finals, but I doubt it.

Daily Telecrap will probably have the 'Club in Crisis' sh*t back again if Souths keep losing though.

Tom Ace

Bench
You are a wanker, there can be no doubt about that.

But that sig really is great. Very, very funny. It took you about a half dozen attempts but you finally found a good one.

Ohhhh, such harsh words....But then you go and totally redeem yourself!

Dave Q

Coach
Ohhhh, such harsh words....But then you go and totally redeem yourself!

Nice sig Max you d**khead.

As for JT he is still one of the best coaches in the NRL and Souths still look the goods for a finals berth this year.

Chook Norris

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50467

"I'm over-coaching Rabbitohs, says Taylor"

South Sydney coach Jason Taylor admits his negative coaching style has led to the lack of confidence in the Rabbitohs' attack this season.
Taylor says he has not put enough faith in his playmakers to take control of a game and run the team around the paddock, and it's shown with their winless start to the year.
He believes the Rabbitohs did not have the experience to make decisions under pressure last year and when Craig Wing got injured in round one Taylor again tried to over-coach the players and provide answers to every on-field decision.
But Taylor has vowed to step back and give his young side the confidence to do things themselves.
He's retained Jeremy Smith at halfback and John Sutton at five-eighth for Monday's clash with Cronulla and backed them to spark the Rabbitohs limp attack.
"The bigger problem we are facing is we have got to find the right players in the right positions who can handle the pressure and who can make the right decisions," said Taylor on South Sydney TV.
"The last 12 months I have been trying to think for the players.
"I was coaching a negative style of footy ... at times I felt we lacked someone to take control.
"I'm over-coaching the team ... I don't want to be the coach who is choreographing everything we are going to do as a team.
"I feel we have the mix of players right, we just need to give them belief.
"This week I'm confident with more help from me and guidance from the rest of the team that Jeremy Smith is going to go out on the field and take control of the team.
"Run the team in the fashion Craig Wing would and Andrew Johns would.
"We need one person out on the field taking control ... we need to give that confidence to Jeremy.
"I have made it hard for him to do that. I have not given him the confidence I need to.
"From this week I'm going to be a better coach for South Sydney."
Taylor was responding to a member's question about why the team had been misfiring in attack on the club's weekly internet show which airs on Tuesdays.
He will be confronted by similar questions on Wednesday when he and director of football Shane Richardson conduct an open forum with members at Kingsford from 7pm (AEST).
Richardson says the forums occur four times a year and is not a reaction to the poor form, but expects some tough questions from the disappointed fans.
"It is not something that has come because we are 0-4," said Richardson.
"I would love to sit up front when we are 4-0. I've had it at times when we've lost 13 straight.
"We've been in worse spots than this and we've copped enough abuse not to worry about it.
"The fact that we are 0-4 worries them (fans) but the interesting thing about that is that after 12 rounds last year we were 4-8 so if we win four of the next eight we will be in the same spot.
"I think if you stand out in front of people and be honest and tell them what you're doing most times they're not tough questions if you tell them the truth."

Latest posts