What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the players browse these forums?

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
this has turned into a lovely thread :?

A few things I think on the topic:
- People DO go over the top in their "criticism" of the players, coaches, etc
- Just because a guy earns money doesn't make him a walking target
- I'm 100% sure no one who posts on here is perfect .. we all f**k up at work sometimes ... I don't think any of us would like a weeks worth of public personal sh*t layed on them for f**king up at work the week before

Avenger - i reckon you are a great poster here and i love reading your posts and the inside info you often have ... but i reckon u've gone a bit far at times crticising guys .... i respect your opinions on players, but i don't know if laying personal sh*t on them helps (maybe its tongue in cheek, I don't know - it often sounds for real)

Sterling - chill dude ... its a good post - i don't think you are asking ppl to not criticise, just tone it down ... but if others see it otherwise then its not worth the arguement - u r going down the same personal path with them

Great post, mate! :clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:
I'm confused?

What is the difference between being born with either of what you said.
Everybody in this world has been blessed with something.
It doesn't make someone like Andrew Johns lucky.

Suity

Well, some people expect players like O'Dwyer and Graham to be the next Kennedy and ET respectively, or so it would seem.

And I've heard many a-time questions why certain players are even playing in the first place - suggesting that those players haven't been blessed with the ability to play.

I'd hate to see more Steve Witt-like cases. The guy loves playing football, and where does he end up? In real estate, partly because he was ordinary and partly (undoutbedly) because people's critcisims (not just fans, mind you) probably got to him, and he couldn't cope.

Sterling

Juniors
strider said:
this has turned into a lovely thread :?

A few things I think on the topic:
- People DO go over the top in their "criticism" of the players, coaches, etc
- Just because a guy earns money doesn't make him a walking target
- I'm 100% sure no one who posts on here is perfect .. we all f**k up at work sometimes ... I don't think any of us would like a weeks worth of public personal sh*t layed on them for f**king up at work the week before

Avenger - i reckon you are a great poster here and i love reading your posts and the inside info you often have ... but i reckon u've gone a bit far at times crticising guys .... i respect your opinions on players, but i don't know if laying personal sh*t on them helps (maybe its tongue in cheek, I don't know - it often sounds for real)

Sterling - chill dude ... its a good post - i don't think you are asking ppl to not criticise, just tone it down ... but if others see it otherwise then its not worth the arguement - u r going down the same personal path with them

good post ..... agreed .... ive had my say and hope people have abit more respect for these guys who represent the club we love.....

parra pete

Referee
"You takes the money, you takes the chances."
"He who pays the piper, calls the tune".
Grass roots fans are the ones who are paying the piper.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon criticism is fine - they're pros, and we fans are not the only ones who will criticise them. It's only natural to be targeted for criticism when you're in the public eye like that.

But sometimes we go overboard and beyond criticism.

Y2Eel

First Grade
i wonder if any of them post on here at all... i would if i was a player just to stir some sh*te

Y2Eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
God I hope we beat Penrith #-o

well when interviewed on friday timmy said there looking ahead to the penny game so it looks like their heads are into it...

eel4life

Juniors
At the end of the day all we want is our team to play hard, never give up and to the best that they can.

So if any player reads any of this just know that an opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and to say that one opinion is wrong over the next you are nothing more than a HADLEY A TOTAL WANK.

SO boys hope you win i am gonna support this team if you are coming first or if you are coming last, thats what TRUE supporters do, when we loose we are upset cause we always want to win and when we win we nit pick everything,

BRING ON THE PANTHERS...

parra pete

Referee
Y2Eel said:
well when interviewed on friday timmy said there looking ahead to the penny game so it looks like their heads are into it...

I'd be disappointed if they weren't.....

coca-cola

Juniors
some people need to get their priorities in check. remember that whenever you make a post against an eels player you could better spend that time making a post against the bulldogs or luke lewis. i doubt it matters so much what we say on here, the players are probably their own harshest critics. but if we make enough posts against luke lewis i feel he just might crack.

strider

Post Whore
coca-cola said:
some people need to get their priorities in check. remember that whenever you make a post against an eels player you could better spend that time making a post against the bulldogs or luke lewis. i doubt it matters so much what we say on here, the players are probably their own harshest critics. but if we make enough posts against luke lewis i feel he just might crack.

:shock: - are you that whycocacola kid who plays flegg?

and yeah - lets get luke !!!

shaun

Juniors
If the players dont like criticism then they should not read the forums or maybe we could have a seperate forum with only positive feedback for the players.

I think the criticism they get is minimal compared to say european footballers. You should check out some of their club forums.

I though this forum was for the fans to discuss their opinions. No-one is likely to rate every player in this club so its only natural to dish some players when they are not performing. At the end of the day I think that once game time comes we ALL support the team.

Personally i like to support the younger players and prefer seeing them promoted to 1st when some older players are playing average for lengthy periods. So i might be harsh to soemone like Wagon.

I must add that the support for our prem/JF players is very positive.

Go the EELS

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't regret saying what i've said about the players. I actually stuck up alot for Graham alot more then other people did, why? because i think the guy can play but has not had the game time in firsts to prove himself, it's unfortunate. In saying this i do think we have better prospects coming up, Ash was the subject of circumstances, pre 2003 injury he was on fire at full back, then post injury he has never been the same, maybe im living in the past and was hoping he would come good but obviously i was wrong on this one.

As for O'Dwyer? im still not going to hold back.

Avenger has the right to say what ever he likes, and quite frankly he has been on the money more times then i can say not. Like Newmanj, Jake the snake, pararen i've always respected his opinion more so then others, mainly due to the fact that he is right most of the time.

Sterling, i can understand were your coming from and thats fair enough, but by refusing ones opinion is not good enough, i agree with you on Graham but Avenger is right when he says he hasn't been up to scratch.

I thought our boards would merely fire up the boys, obviously they need some prozac and the All Aussie Adventures series with Russ to cheer them up, well thats what i do anyway lol

Avenger

Immortal
Now I have fully recovered from Friday. I am no longer angry. I swore I would not go to another game this year. However I will be going to Sunday's game. These eels are like a good sort who keeps sleeping behind your back.

Sterling, I apologise for getting personal. I read through through some of the posts and thought they were quite funny though.

fish eel

Immortal
What is a player?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_(dating)

A player (also known as a womanizer) is a U.S. based slang term for an individual who plays the field (gets laid) and has multiple active sexual relationships simultaneously. Sometimes spelled as "playa" in the context of hip-hop culture.

In practice, "player" is normally used to apply to men, but the term can just as easily be applied to women, as there are players of both genders. Females are usually known as Playettes. There are two main types of players, short and long term players, these two types are distinguished only by their goals. They practice in much the same way, using deception and romantic attachment or feelings to their advantage to get what they want.

Yes, I believe Eelavation reguarly reads this forum.

Not sure if we have any 'playettes' though......

planeteels

Juniors
Agree to Disagree and get on with Life.

The way I see it.. if Players can take the praise, they should be able to take the criticism.

If they don't want to see the Negative then realistically they should either start performing better or don't read any Gossip Material including Newspapers/Magazines!!!

Playing Devils advocate, I dare say that the only ones who would read these Forums are the players who are mediocre at best and they come here hoping for a morale booster. The consistently good players (and they know who they are) don't need to come here, they know in themselves that they contribute positively.

In saying that, some comments that are made by Forumites, are made with little merit. HJ summed it up.. We are Keyboard Cowboys and most of us know nothing of the Players or what they are going through and as HJ also mentioned, most of us have done nothing for the Club in comparison.