What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the players give a rats?

SadShark

Bench
Cronulla is a beautiful seaside city that has much wealth & prosperity. For some wacky reason, in 40 seasons, the local NRL club cannot bring a premiership trophy back to the leagues club.

Fans wring their hands, their hearts beat faster after a couple of wins and the real prospect as long as equationally, the team can possibly hope for others to lose along with us, means we just might break that duck.

It has been sometimes the best & worst times of my life, supporting the Sharks. 73, 78, 88, 89, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 02 & 05 were a true test of the belief of many supporters, that this could be it and then have it ripped away and then dismay & dispair return.

I'm sure some players give a rats but tell me, do any of them give a rats anywhere remotely near their long suffering supporters? Sure it's easy to find a winning team & support them like the Dogs or Broncos etc. but this is something in my life that I want to see through - just once, I'm not greedy.

With what has happened and is happening at the club, success in the near future would appear very uncertain.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dont confuse defending to comparing.
it is quie enlightening to see how the Titans are doing business & the amount of power they are already weilding in the NRL halls. Much more than the Sharks.
Player managers are wearing out official mobile phones to get their players in there.
They are picking & choosing who they want out of the cream of the available players.
We sign who?
And as for death riding, your the biggest f*cken critic on here with your anti Pierce goings on for the last (how old are you?) 1064 years.
In fact, keep up the Titans remarks, everybody knows the score with me anyway, just makes you look like a bigger f*cken idiot.

beekershark

Bench
Bwhaahahahah !

You are in total denial Reefy. Anti Pierce rantings Damn right, the board that is you wanker. Tell me how stating the obvious, that the board have not aimed up over the past 8 odd years is deathriding the 17 blokes that run out each week ?

you can't. becuase it isn't.

You couldnt find any comparison with me blowing it up the knights ass as much as you do in your Titan love-in coud you ? becuase once again you talk without facts.

Lose the arguement then abuse, go on son, true to form.

Titan boy.

beekershark

Bench
Here he is for you folks !

TITAN BOY !!!!! TERRORISING PATRONS WITH HIS BRILLIANT FOOTBALL MIND AT A SURF CLUB NEAR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titan%20boy.jpg

carinashark

First Grade
The Titans are a honey pot for the player managers . Ofcourse they want to get at the money while its there , in a season or two they will be full of underperformers all with contracts . See how they go then ,plus add a few injuries and watch them squirm.

Macca

Coach
They have only really signed 6 or 7 top quality players. The rest of them are average to above average first graders and a few unknown quantities. I reckon they'll finish in the bottom 5 next year.

Inferno

Coach
Dragon Slayer said:
We've badly missed Simmons and Bailey.

Both know their way to the try line.

The players who have stood in for them during their absence have also been terrible in defence.

I hope they are more appreciated now.

Surely you are not saying that we missed Simmon's defence are you?

Agree 100% on Bails though and I am happy to admit I fully appreciate his efforts till he got injured.

spider

Coach
Inferno said:
Agree 100% on Bails though and I am happy to admit I fully appreciate his efforts till he got injured.

I was one to question Bailey in the centres especially regarding his pace. But it has been evident since he has been sidelined what he provides on that side in defence.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why is it you 2 always bringing up the Titans?

And don't talk about your facts with me beeker.
FFS, your facts are as real & plentiful as the hair on your head.
yeah yeah.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Macca said:
They have only really signed 6 or 7 top quality players. The rest of them are average to above average first graders and a few unknown quantities. I reckon they'll finish in the bottom 5 next year.

So they are way ahead of us already. 6 or 7 of 23 signings so far. Who are our 6 or 7 top quality players? We'd be pushing to have 4.

Macca

Coach
Kimmorley
Vagana
Ross
Bailey
Thompson
Gallen
Douglas
Bird
Simmons
Albert

Not that they are all in form or fit at present. Don't get me wrong I am sure the Titans are going to be successful, I just don't think it will be in their first year. Their infrastructure is first rate already and the area will attract the best of the best, they'll have no trouble recruiting as we seem to.

pogo

Juniors
:lol: albert

f**kmedead...............

who are you carl barron?
rodney rude?

its a pisstake surely?

the bloke is a cat!

imasharkie

Coach
Vagana is way past his best and his mindset is with South Sydney retirement village these days.

Simmons.......ahhhh top quality. Only in your dreams Macca.
He's a pretend NRL player. Kearney showed more in the fullback position in 1 game than Simmons ever has.

imasharkie

Coach
Still surprises me now that he was picked for City. From memory he came in late and was behind the SOO wingers.

He's a dancing cat, not a top quality player when it comes to attacking the ball.

carcharias

Immortal
at the risk of being reprimanded for the use of incorrect debating tecnique's....
I ask ...If someone else ran the club ( a new board ) can it be guaranteed they would bring success and/or big names players to the club?

What is to say we wouldn't end up worse off?

to paraphrase myself...
do the players really give a rats....about who wears the suits and ties in the boardroom?

My bet is half of them they don't even have a fuggen clue what goes on in regards to the business side of things.

and I'm pretty sure the last thing going through their mind when they leave their wing open in defence is " ah the fuggen Board members made me do it".