What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do we want flanno back once he serves his suspension?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hang on, you are all assuming that the vitamin injections were against eh WADA code. They weren't. That is why there has been no infractions notices.

fizman

Bench
No No No, if they were vitamin injections, Dank et al would have come forward and provided proof of what they were using.

Stephen Dank will never work in Australian Professional Sports again, and that may simply be guilty by association. If I had nothing to fear and wanted to save my professional reputation I would have come forward to the interview and save the Clubs that have been penalized.

Stephen Dank sitting back saying the Clubs are not guilty, but refusing to testify is simply embarrassing and laughable.

Windy70

Juniors
To answer the original question. Yes.

I know he holds some crap on his hands but to be honest, I am sick to death of re-building. I want some stability and familiar faces and names. It's important as far as I see, No more re-builds and re inventing the club and it's direction. Lessons learn't, wear it and let's f**king get on with it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Let me share some Daily Telegraph type explosive Journalism.

It was Flanno that told the Board there were no concerns within the supplement program. He told them that he (Dank) was employed only to provide guidance on the GPS system for the HPU. No involvement with supplements.

On the basis of that information from the Head Coach and to clear the Clubs name, the Board were open and transparent with the NRL and ASADA, hence the internal investigation.

Unfortunately, Flanno changed his story AFTER the Club proceeded with the internal investigation.

This should answer the perception of WHY the Club would self audit.

Exactly 5 days after I believe. In a lengthy email releasing all the skeletons out of the closet.

He's a merkin and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club or the game again

Card Shark

Immortal
Not sure if it was Fizman but someone came on here spruiking we had absolutely nothing to worry about after the darkest day.....perhaps because Flanno said so??

It changed pretty fast....is that when Flanno decided to write the letter?

cb4

First Grade
Exactly 5 days after I believe. In a lengthy email releasing all the skeletons out of the closet.

I heard this over the weekend.

Heard that Flanno may also have a few legal battles to be facing now.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No No No, if they were vitamin injections, Dank et al would have come forward and provided proof of what they were using.

Stephen Dank will never work in Australian Professional Sports again, and that may simply be guilty by association. If I had nothing to fear and wanted to save my professional reputation I would have come forward to the interview and save the Clubs that have been penalized.

Stephen Dank sitting back saying the Clubs are not guilty, but refusing to testify is simply embarrassing and laughable.

Rubbish. He wants to testify & wants to get ASADA into a court of law. ASADA have refused.
If you were his legal adviser , you would be definitely telling him to do that.
In an ASADA interview(not testimony) they ask the questions. Nobody asks wads or ASADA questions. So any amibiguity or failure on their part is irrelevant. If ASADA proceeds to their tribunal for a "hearing", the onus of proof is on the "victim" not ASADA. Therefore, 2 people can say we saw person x give player z this banned substance. Person X then shows them his diary showing he didn't. ASADA can simply not believe it based upon the burden of proof ie. 2 people is stronger than one.
So DAnk wanting to get ASADA/WADA into court to discredit them sounds to me like a smart move. What ever ruling they have will over ride anything ASADA does as they re the higher authority.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

if thats the case it shows how lucky we are that we got rid of the previous board for their gumptionless capitulaltion to save their own arses.

I'm happy if he doesn't come back although I wonder how many players have get out clauses or would go at the end of their contract?

I want a coach with some attacking flair and tactical skills, something that Flanno does not have.

This is the perfect opportunity for the club to look elsewhere - Kevvie perhaps.

cb4

First Grade
I'm happy if he doesn't come back although I wonder how many players have get out clauses or would go at the end of their contract?

I want a coach with some attacking flair and tactical skills, something that Flanno does not have.

This is the perfect opportunity for the club to look elsewhere - Kevvie perhaps.

No players have a Flanno out clause. Doesn't mean they won't get unhappy if he doesn't come back.

Although, if the serious allegations stick, you would hope that they would be ok with him not coming back.

Card Shark

Immortal
No players have a Flanno out clause. Doesn't mean they won't get unhappy if he doesn't come back.

Although, if the serious allegations stick, you would hope that they would be ok with him not coming back.

Surely over the time that he is absent, the players may come to realise he didnt act in their best interests (if the allegations are correct).

I think it's fair for the board to currently defend the charges against him that will eventually be laid down by the NRL but over time they need to consider is blind loyalty to Flanno warranted ?

Considering what this has cost us & the heartache it has caused, someone has to pay the price, besides Elkin.

Just another mess within a mess.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Proceedings may of even started.
Hang on, so the current board who support him are suing him? Or is it the old board that capitulated like daises to the fans in order to save their own asses & re-instated him?
Who else could be suing him.
Either way, it hypocrisy at its heighest level.

newman

First Grade
I had a chat to him in the pub at he manly final.
He is still a staunch sharks man.
A lesser man would have chucked it in.

The whole ordeal was very, very, very difficult for him. Most casual observers have no clue how personally he took it and how responsible he felt for sins far greater than he perpetrated. Flano and Rothfield scorched and nearly ruined a good man.

newman

First Grade
Hang on, so the current board who support him are suing him? Or is it the old board that capitulated like daises to the fans in order to save their own asses & re-instated him?
Who else could be suing him.
Either way, it hypocrisy at its heighest level.

Isaac Gordon, Josh Cordoba and Doc Givney for starters. The ex board aren't going to go legal.

Eion

First Grade
I thought givney stated he wasn't going to sue. He got his apology, and seems satisfied with that.