What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do we want flanno back once he serves his suspension?

chewsta

First Grade
Will be interesting to see if they have the plums to drop any underperformers and try a few youngens, should the need arise.

I couldnt see the Noddy thing working, thank the good lord the players had a say in it (if true)

newman

First Grade
Interim till they figure out what the faaaaark is happening with Flano.

With him fighting the charges his ban may realistically be heavily downgraded.

Card Shark

Immortal
Interim till they figure out what the faaaaark is happening with Flano.

With him fighting the charges his ban may realistically be heavily downgraded.

If we are to keep him, & it appears we are, it would be nice if his ban is reduced to 6 months (with the training) so that he can come back in late next season & guide the team to the semis. It will be a boost for us.

After the final ban is given, he should get a further 2 weeks off for time already served at the start of this year.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Or upgraded. Always the danger of appealing

That Richard Ings (ex arsada wanker) was saying in an interview that any NRL suspensions will be separate to any ASADA rulings. Was saying Flanno could also be suspended/banned by those merkins.

Card Shark

Immortal
According to Channel 9 news asswipes/ASADA won't be investigating Manly anymore.

I just can't fathom how they can be totally clean. It smacks of a convenient oversight, like not implicating Craig Bellamy in the Storm salary cap rorting.

Wayne Bennett was quoted a couple of years back saying a coach these days needs to have an input in ALL aspects of managing his squad. I have no doubt Bellamy knew...he probably chose to turn a blind eye to it.

webShark

. I have no doubt Bellamy knew...he probably chose to turn a blind eye to it.

Bellamy probable took the Flanno perspective. Just trusting the staff below him to do their job. So not his fault if they rort the cap.

I agree with Bennett, coaches have to be across all aspects. Bellamy should have realised they were over the cap. Jeez, every year we name the Roosters as rorting the cap, so they must be aware they are under scrutiny. Then again , cap rorting is not an issue for governments. The cap is important for us , as we are stuffed without it. A young Aussie baseballs just offerred 7.5m per year. More than an NRL cap. Without it , life would be harder. Problem comes when the cap is raised to ridiculous heights, like in US Basketball.

I like the draft idea but shudder how we would go given our recruitment. Probably get decent picks and pick duds. Like Melbourne Demons.

fizman

Bench
When Flanno said he put a stop to it, what he was referring to was the injections, not the program. Creams and tablets were administered for a further 4-5 weeks AFTER the injections stopped.

webShark

If you honestly believe Flanno didnt know about the injecting of players you will believe anything I hope I'm wrong.
Nothing would surprise me!

If he didn't know he should've done. That's what ASASA think too.

On the first day on the announcement of the ASADA enquiry, Bennrtt said a first grade coach should know everything that is going on. Hard to disagree. Surely Flanno must have known Dank was hanging around. Although I sympathise with Flanno it is hard to accept he knew nothing. Without a doubt he should have asked. It's like committing a driving offence and claiming you didn't know the speed or alcohol limits.

fizman

Bench
Let me share some Daily Telegraph type explosive Journalism.

It was Flanno that told the Board there were no concerns within the supplement program. He told them that he (Dank) was employed only to provide guidance on the GPS system for the HPU. No involvement with supplements.

On the basis of that information from the Head Coach and to clear the Clubs name, the Board were open and transparent with the NRL and ASADA, hence the internal investigation.

Unfortunately, Flanno changed his story AFTER the Club proceeded with the internal investigation.

This should answer the perception of WHY the Club would self audit.

Latest posts