What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
He's been sanctioned under the RA Code of Conduct which can be downloaded here: https://www.rugbyau.com/about/codes-and-policies/all-codes-and-policies

It's cut and dried he's violated point 1.3, and arguable that he's violated 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

The "only reason this has dragged on so long" is because like anybody, he took up his right to challenge/appeal their decision and RA has to hold such hearings to allow him to so appeal.

Yep, even old Hanky Head has spelt out the issues involved, in very simple language to boot - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/taniela-tupou-can-i-ask-you-what-would-jesus-do-20190501-p51j5y.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am totally unaware of RA's Code of Conduct but I'd suggest that if it was clear cut, it would be over by now and its not.

You post said that Izzy is in breach of the conditions of HIS contract. Based on his last hearing and the length of time its taking, it appears that that is not correct.

NRL's says:

Demonstrate the greatest levels of respect, protecting the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability/disability, sexual orientation, cultural background or religion.
https://playnrl.com/media/2692/2018-national-code-of-conduct.pdf

Issy would have been clear cut in NRL for failing to meet this part of the code of conduct.

Tiger5150

Bench
He's been sanctioned under the RA Code of Conduct which can be downloaded here: https://www.rugbyau.com/about/codes-and-policies/all-codes-and-policies

It's cut and dried he's violated point 1.3, and arguable that he's violated 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

The "only reason this has dragged on so long" is because like anybody, he took up his right to challenge/appeal their decision and RA has to hold such hearings to allow him to so appeal.

No question.

My original point was correcting Bazal when he said it was a specific clause in Izzy's contract had been breached.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No question.

My original point was correcting Bazal when he said it was a specific clause in Izzy's contract had been breached.

Id be surprised if there isnt a clause in every players contract saying they must uphold the code of conduct. Not specific to his idiocy but a general standard clause.

firechild

First Grade
No question.

Except Bazal was completely correct. The clause in his contract (and pretty much any employment contract you'd find) would be that he would abide by the company's code of conduct.
These clauses allow a company to change their code of conduct without the need to change each individual contract, thereby making adjustments to the expectations of the employees without the employee having to agree to the change, especially in situations like these.

Bazal

Post Whore
No question.

Sounds pedantic.

(and I should know)

It's not even correct. I never mentioned a clause.

Bazal said:
How is it that people STILL don't understand that he was sacked not because of his beliefs, but because he chose to express them in a way that breached the conditions of his contract of employment???

As I said earlier, I have never seen any contract that disavows the contracted person of the requirement to adhere to the organisations code of conduct.

Anyway I'm totally over deadshit Folau, but people misrepresenting what I said irks me.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Guy who refers to himself as "Tongan Thor" getting on a high horse about religion.
And what a monumental loss that fat lazy heap would be to the wobblies. Not sure why international rugby is still a thing tbh, everyone's been playing for second place for 15 years. It's so f**king boring.

Tiger5150

Bench
It's not even correct. I never mentioned a clause.

As I said earlier, I have never seen any contract that disavows the contracted person of the requirement to adhere to the organisations code of conduct.

Anyway I'm totally over deadshit Folau, but people misrepresenting what I said irks me.

FWIW it wasnt my intention and I dont hold particularly strong opinions on it. Initially my motivation in making that comment wasnt so much to "prove you wrong" but to shine a light on the stupidity of RA which was borne out in the hearing when they said that they told Izzy that they wanted to renegotiate his contract to insert new social media clauses and he told them to go forth and copulate with themselves. that is why i was focusing on that point

Im also over the whole thing

ram raid

Bench
As a pathological liar and drunk I took enormous offence at his comments. However I believe the thought police should stay off people's twitter accounts and Izzy hasn't done anything wrong.

Shark62

Juniors
As a pathological liar and drunk I took enormous offence at his comments. However I believe the thought police should stay off people's twitter accounts and Izzy hasn't done anything wrong.
Poor Izzy. Couldn’t control his fingers from typing stuff which clearly contravenes his employers values despite several warnings. It’s everybody else’s fault!

ram raid

Bench
Poor Izzy. Couldn’t control his fingers from typing stuff which clearly contravenes his employers values despite several warnings. It’s everybody else’s fault!

My answer to that is that his employers need think again about whether it's their role monitor their employees values .. or any other employer that might be heading down that road ..

The Greens have taken over the ABC, the Labour Party, and now the ARU apparently!

It's says a lot that out of types of 'sinners' Izzy listed, it's only insulting homosexual that's triggered the thought police.

I say all this a someone who loves nothing more than a root in the arse at the Maroubra toilets.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
FWIW it wasnt my intention and I dont hold particularly strong opinions on it. Initially my motivation in making that comment wasnt so much to "prove you wrong" but to shine a light on the stupidity of RA which was borne out in the hearing when they said that they told Izzy that they wanted to renegotiate his contract to insert new social media clauses and he told them to go forth and copulate with themselves. that is why i was focusing on that point

Im also over the whole thing
Can you point me in the direction of what was said in the hearings? I genuinely haven't seen any reporting on it.

Perth Red

Post Whore

As an atheist I was conflicted about if I should be offended or not lol