What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you honestly think your team can win the premiership?

Do you Honestly think your team can win the premiership in 2007

• Total voters

Inferno

Coach
Well the title says it all.

I was interested to note that with the offseason comes renewed hope for teams next year of their chances of winning the premiership.

I was tempted to ask if people thought their team could make the 8, but with todays competition there would have been very few who think their team will miss the 8 next year.

So instead I am asking, do you honestly(brain not heart) think your team can win the competion next year.

The thread isn't to bag people, so if thats what you want to do, take it to another thread.

Vote, state your answer and team

I'll start.

Yes

Sharks, we have bought well, and with a new coach I think we could be a totally different team next year. Can we win it, Yes.

Knightmare

Coach
Knights- Yes. Showed enough improvement this year to make me believe they can go one better next year. Unless Simpkins refs all our games, then we're screwed.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Storm - yes. A young team on the up that will be in a nasty mood all pre-season courtesy of a GF loss. If they don't win it next year i'll relocate them to the central coast myself.

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters. Doubt it, I'd be happy with a finals finish after the last 2 years. Out of the 3 posts above, I think Storm are in with a chance, can't see Sharks troubling at all, and Knights I guess will go similar to this year.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yes we can depends on how the injuries + tim smith & finch combo turns out. How hagan handles the squad is also a big thing.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Sharks, we have bought well, and with a new coach I think we could be a totally different team next year. Can we win it, Yes.

NOW THAT'S AN OPTIMIST..

Get rid of Kimmorley and I think you have a better chance. I think the rot in your club is not in the players but in the admin. You have had good coaches and players before but 6 months in something always goes wrong.

Cronulla needs to win soon as they are will end up like North Sydney (84 years since their last drink from the cup). I don't know how the fan puts up with it.:sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal
*agrees with sheet_ed* optimist indeed. Actually a lot of people here seem overly optimistic. I guess its because my expectations have been trampled and defecated upon beyond recognition in the last 2 years.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons-Definitely. Great outside backs and good creativity in the halves

Will have learnt from PF losses the past 2 seasons and can certainly win it in 2007

c_eagle

Juniors
Inferno said:
Well the title says it all.

I was interested to note that with the offseason comes renewed hope for teams next year of their chances of winning the premiership.

I was tempted to ask if people thought their team could make the 8, but with todays competition there would have been very few who think their team will miss the 8 next year.

So instead I am asking, do you honestly(brain not heart) think your team can win the competion next year.

The thread isn't to bag people, so if thats what you want to do, take it to another thread.

Vote, state your answer and team

I'll start.

Yes

I'm surprised that there were 32 people chosen before you.

Rocco

Juniors
Brisbane - YES!!! We now have young players coming through like Hannant and Thaiday, Eastwood and Darius Boyd. Darren Lockyer playing his best footy of his career and Justin Hodges again being a threat at the back. we are becoming once known the most feared team RL again!

And Melbourne are the new canberra raiders of the 90s.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Sharks have a fair bit of depth and some exciting young fellas coming through so I think they are will be in it for sure.

Sharks. Having Sticky there is a big plus, but I think that realistically, we are a couple of seasons away from being a genuine threat. Will be interesting to see what happens in the halves.

thickos

First Grade
Probably not, but with so many new young players and a new coach it should be an exciting ride. I'm tipping Raiders for the 8 however, then onwards and upwards in 2008 :D

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers.

Ofcourse i beleive we can. What supporter won'y beleive their team has a chance? Before kick off of 2007, everyone is even. Everyone has a chance. And given our success in 2003 was with a team no one thought could win, it makes me feel better going into each year. My feelings may change fairly quickly, but i don't think it's unreasonable for any fan of any team (except possibly Sharks) to feel that they have a chance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
Panthers.

Ofcourse i beleive we can. What supporter won'y beleive their team has a chance? Before kick off of 2007, everyone is even. Everyone has a chance. And given our success in 2003 was with a team no one thought could win, it makes me feel better going into each year. My feelings may change fairly quickly, but i don't think it's unreasonable for any fan of any team (except possibly Sharks) to feel that they have a chance.

yep, I'm with him.

Latest posts