What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
weren't we missing Fergo, Sivo and Jenko got busted that week ?

yet it was a choke ? perhaps our backline was undermanned, but I blame BA

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He played 238 games for them. If he was shit they would've figured it out long before that. The fact is he was the most highly paid player and they had the opportunity to bring in Cronk for less money. This allowed them to sign Tedesco and retain a bunch of other players. Scapegoating Pearce is just the narrative invented by small brains looking for a simple explanation.
You honestly believe they got Cronk for less??? Lololololol!! Pearce was one of the worst big game halves of the last 20 years. How he got so many games for NSW is one for Ripleys. They win 2 in a row with Cronk after dumping Myth Piss. Just a coincidence I suppose......

IFR33K

Coach
Ok I’m attempting to summarize for the peeps that haven’t read the past few pages.

We lost to south’s, because we had injuries. But south’s also had a few too, their outside backs had no names. But cowboys beat us in 17, who also had injuries. Scott and Thurston. But they had 4 origin players to our zero. But in 2020 we only had RCG and fergo who had previously played origin. But we can’t count Paulo, gutho, Nrown as origin players because origin wasn’t till after the finals, where they debuted.

so the excuse of injuries only applies to us when we lose to a favorite. But when we lost to an outsider, it was only because they had more origin players. And last season we lost because origin wasn’t played till after the finals. Had it been before, we may of come good and won???

Have I missed any particular excuse out?

Origin was covered.
Injuries were covered.

f^*k me dead, I forgot to factor in differential.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
some gripe isn’t always revolving around performances and you know that.
I’d say it’s usually at its loudest as a result of performances.

some abysmal recruitment
Some stupid $$$ thrown at players
Overall our recruitment has been solid. We were paying overs when we had to but we aren’t anymore.

Bizarre team selection
Bizarre use of the bench
Like most coaches he has players that he gravitates towards. Who the f**k knows why Bennett kept picking Darius? He trusted him.

Bench selection for the most part has been fine. Is there something specific you are referring to other than the Will Smith shit?

Some abysmal retention
Such as? I don’t think we’ve hung on to too many that we should have let go of because it was detrimentally impacting on the squad. In most of the criticism I have seen people lose sight of the role of backups.

I’m sure there’s other things
I’m sure there is.

The best thing the board done was take recruitment out of his hands.
You are on drugs if you think that BA is given a team by MON.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You honestly believe they got Cronk for less??? Lololololol!! Pearce was one of the worst big game halves of the last 20 years. How he got so many games for NSW is one for Ripleys. They win 2 in a row with Cronk after dumping Myth Piss. Just a coincidence I suppose......
Was it a coincidence that they were able to sign Tedesco and retain a bunch of others with Pearce off the books? You need to look a bit deeper for causal relationships.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok I’m attempting to summarize for the peeps that haven’t read the past few pages.

We lost to south’s, because we had injuries. But south’s also had a few too, their outside backs had no names. But cowboys beat us in 17, who also had injuries. Scott and Thurston. But they had 4 origin players to our zero. But in 2020 we only had RCG and fergo who had previously played origin. But we can’t count Paulo, gutho, Nrown as origin players because origin wasn’t till after the finals, where they debuted.

so the excuse of injuries only applies to us when we lose to a favorite. But when we lost to an outsider, it was only because they had more origin players. And last season we lost because origin wasn’t played till after the finals. Had it been before, we may of come good and won???

Have I missed any particular excuse out?

Origin was covered.
Injuries were covered.

f^*k me dead, I forgot to factor in differential.
Nah everything has one simple explanation and it's the coach ffs

IFR33K

Coach
Was it a coincidence that they were able to sign Tedesco and retain a bunch of others with Pearce off the books? You need to look a bit deeper for causal relationships.

You honestly can’t be that silly to suggest Cronk was cheaper than pearce and that’s the only way they could sign teddy.

IFR33K

Coach
Nah everything has one simple explanation and it's the coach ffs

You can’t use excuses just to suit an argument when you want it to. And then ignore that same excuse in other instances.
Don’t take it personal. He’s a good coach. But the stats show there’s limitations.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You honestly can’t be that silly to suggest Cronk was cheaper than pearce and that’s the only way they could sign teddy.
Cronk wanted to live in Sydney with his missus and presumably wanted to play for a premiership contender. He also wanted to set his media career up post-footy. All those factors kept his price down. Meanwhile Pearce has shown he's motivated by money by going to Newcastle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can’t use excuses just to suit an argument when you want it to. And then ignore that same excuse in other instances.
What am I ignoring? When we've lost finals matches it's been to better teams. Two indicators of a team's quality are number of Origin-class players and points differential. Gambling odds in a given game are a very unreliable indicator. We were paying about $3 to beat Canberra on Saturday ffs
Don’t take it personal. He’s a good coach. But the stats show there’s limitations.
The stats just show we've been never had the best team in the finals.

IFR33K

Coach
Cronk wanted to live in Sydney with his missus and presumably wanted to play for a premiership contender. He also wanted to set his media career up post-footy. All those factors kept his price down. Meanwhile Pearce has shown he's motivated by money by going to Newcastle.

Bro are you sure you’re wired correctly? Are you taking the piss now? Pearce was moved on. 80 be your eyes. If Cronk decided today to come out of retirement I dare say he’d command more money than Pearce.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bro are you sure you’re wired correctly? Are you taking the piss now? Pearce was moved on. 80 be your eyes. If Cronk decided today to come out of retirement I dare say he’d command more money than Pearce.
What’s that got to do with anything?

No-one is saying Pearce is a better player than Cronk but there’s no doubt that the Roosters got Cronk cheap and were able to sweeten it with a bunch of other media, coaching stuff.

Do you remember the stink that people kicked up when it happened and all the jokes about Uncle Nick’s dodgy salary cap?

I also don’t think a club like the Roosters arseholes their halfback without having a plan B in place.

IFR33K

Coach
What’s that got to do with anything?

No-one is saying Pearce is a better player than Cronk but there’s no doubt that the Roosters got Cronk cheap and were able to sweeten it with a bunch of other media, coaching stuff.

Do you remember the stink that people kicked up when it happened and all the jokes about Uncle Nick’s dodgy salary cap?

I also don’t think a club like the Roosters arseholes their halfback without having a plan B in place.

Do u honestly think the roosters saved money upgrading from Pearce to Cronk? If the answer is yes, do you honestly believe it was enough money to sign teddy?

Latest posts