What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 118 52.0%

• Total voters

Suitman

Post Whore
Don’t get the @Poupou Escobar hate, yeah he has the opposite view of some however he is always willing to give his reasons ……..disagreement is no reason for some the posts towards him…..

either debate against his point of view or move on/ignore i reckon..…..

He does it for fun, not because he actually believes it.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Pou will be the last to go down with the ship, at least he was on here last night commenting and fronting up. The rest of the Bea Huggy crew were MIA.
giphy.gif

Chipmunk

Coach
What we need to do is negotiate our own broadcast agreement for our games. At the moment we are subsidising less-watched teams, which includes Melbourne, Souths and Penrith.
I'm not sure we can do this.I think the clubs signed all of this away to the NRL after Super League.

I think all the clubs can do is sell memberships, tickets to games and merchandise, of which I believe the NRL still takes their cut.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Do you think we’re playing to potential?
Do you think our roster is that bad?
Do you think we’re structured to a first grade standard?

looking at the other teams and how they attack, we are so far off the pack, it’s not funny. We’re happy to play a one dimensional game, that relies on effort and luck. Not much else.

i know we have our weaknesses, but we also have a severe handicap
No.

Don't understand that question. Its not elite but its solid.

Yes, but we aren't anywhere near as good as the best teams. I'm not happy with how we are playing in attack. Not the coach's strong point and we have some dumb f**king players.

Pretty sure I've said all this shit at least 100 times before.

Avenger

Immortal
I think he sometimes goes too far, but I get why. Its f**ken frustrating reading some of the negative idiots on here.

Last nights game thread was a low point. I understand that fans want to see us do better, but it came across as if people were more interesting in revelling about how they were 'right' about BA rather than what actually happened during the game.

Its ironic because virtually all of the so called 'apologists' have been very clear about our limitations.
I never said I was right considering I changed my mind 5 times about him.

IFR33K

Coach
He does it for fun, not because he actually believes it.

Yep. Starts arguments for no known reason. Makes ridiculous outbursts and then back tracks or defends his statement to the end, despite it being obvious he is wrong.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep. Starts arguments for no known reason. Makes ridiculous outbursts and then back tracks or defends his statement to the end, despite it being obvious he is wrong.

He never backtracks. Just makes new excuses or quotes some useless stats.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he sometimes goes too far, but I get why. Its f**ken frustrating reading some of the negative idiots on here.

Last nights game thread was a low point. I understand that fans want to see us do better, but it came across as if people were more interesting in revelling about how they were 'right' about BA rather than what actually happened during the game.

Its ironic because virtually all of the so called 'apologists' have been very clear about our limitations.

That's a valid point.

I want to see change, not to prove that I was right and Arthur needs to go, but because, sadly, Arthur seems incapable of getting this squad prepared to be a genuine title threat.

That's not a knock on Arthur - he rebuilt this club from the base, up -, but we need a change.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That's a valid point.

I want to see change, not to prove that I was right and Arthur needs to go, but because, sadly, Arthur seems incapable of getting this squad prepared to be a genuine title threat.

That's not a knock on Arthur - he rebuilt this club from the base, up -, but we need a change.
Hard to argue with that.

The other interesting thing is whether we'll be able to retain our squad. A lot of players off contract. I can see our team looking fairly different in the next couple of years - New coach and a fairly different squad.

emjaycee

Coach
No.

Don't understand that question. Its not elite but its solid.

Yes, but we aren't anywhere near as good as the best teams. I'm not happy with how we are playing in attack. Not the coach's strong point and we have some dumb f**king players.

Pretty sure I've said all this shit at least 100 times before.
And you've not been Trent Crusoe.

Chipmunk

Coach
Hard to argue with that.

The other interesting thing is whether we'll be able to retain our squad. A lot of players off contract. I can see our team looking fairly different in the next couple of years - New coach and a fairly different squad.
That may not be a bad thing. Regeneration is always good.

Last edited: