What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone care about World Cup Rugby League?

newman

First Grade
I dont give a sh*t about the world cup.

Australia will win easy and the melbourne cup is pathetic.

Lego_Man

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Melbourne Cup stops a nation, it is massive!

And you're there with a camera undeneath the starting booths, hoping to catch a glimpse of some giant horse c**k.

sharko

Juniors
It is a "mickey mouse" competition..a glorified Southern Hemisphere comp because there are only 2 teams who could win it, Australia and NZ.
It is dressed up as an world comp but everbody knows that is rubbish.
The standard of league is often dreadful and the scores resemble cricket matches..it does not nothing to promote league and is a piss poor attempt to mimic the Rah Rah World Cup.
The players would be better off relaxing in a proper off season and coming into season 2008 fresh and revitalised.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
sharko said:
It is a "mickey mouse" competition..a glorified Southern Hemisphere comp because there are only 2 teams who could win it, Australia and NZ.
The standard of league is often dreadful and the scores resemble cricket matches..it does not nothing to promote league and is a piss poor attempt to mimic the Rah Rah World Cup.
The players would be better off relaxing in a proper off season and coming into season 2008 fresh and revitalised.

You just showed everyone you have NFI about anything.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I've been hankering for a WC since 2000. Can't wait.

I just hope there is a bit of an international flavour to it all with lots of Brits and Kiwis that come over for a few games. I know there will be some french that head over, but only a handful really. On the other hand I'm 99.99% sure the media in the northern hemisphere will not even mention that it is on let alone show any games, except maybe in northern England.

dimitri

First Grade
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Lebanon should be hosted at parramatta if they qualify. And yes, i give a sh*t. I care more about Intl RL than i do about the NRL, ESL or SOO.

ME TOO!!!

especially world cups!!!

dimitri

First Grade
newman said:
I dont give a sh*t about the world cup.

Australia will win easy and the melbourne cup is pathetic.

Did you say the same thing about the 2005 TRI-NATIONS?

YOU ARE A GOOSE

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think the WC will be great to watch but hopefully ch9 treat it with some respect and televise the games. I still think the better option is to have the smaller nations play in qualifiers at the start of the cup and Australia, NZ automatically qualify then the top 4 other make it and the teams are split into two pools. Australia in one and NZ in the other. They play each other once then the top team from each pool plays the second team from the other and the two winners play in the final.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I am looking forward to the world cup as I know my team will win it easy. Mt state has lost 2 series in a row, my NRL team came last. But with the Roo's I know I've got a winner :thumb

hutch

First Grade
sharko said:

they do get a proper off season this year, and they will be going into 08 fresh (the aussie players anyway). the world cup isnt until next year, shows how much you know.

i for one cant wait for it, and i'm positive it will be a massive success as well as promoting rugby league around the world. i cant stand people like you who talk down the sport i love, and i cant wait til my sport has a regular and successful world cup to prove you wrong.

TrevorAllan

Juniors
I think it will be a big success and I'm intending to head down under to enjoy it.

Last years Tri-Nations showed the Aussies need to be at there absolute best to take this out and that's the way it should be.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
panthersballboy said:
I am looking forward to the world cup as I know my team will win it easy. Mt state has lost 2 series in a row, my NRL team came last. But with the Roo's I know I've got a winner :thumb

That makes me laugh.. seeing the positive in everything.. a glass half-full guy yeah ?

I mean people who would even consider bagging the tourny because Australia walk walk it in, which won't be the case.. you'd never go to the cricket in Australia then, the Australian cricket team smash eveybody in Australia.

All Kangaroo internationals should be about celebrating Australia and enjoying foreign RL players coming to our shores.

Being a world cup, we should add in wanting to be good hosts to a whole bunch of foreign teams.

Woods99

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
That makes me laugh.. seeing the positive in everything.. a glass half-full guy yeah ?

I mean people who would even consider bagging the tourny because Australia walk walk it in, which won't be the case.. you'd never go to the cricket in Australia then, the Australian cricket team smash eveybody in Australia.

All Kangaroo internationals should be about celebrating Australia and enjoying foreign RL players coming to our shores.

Errrr. I think you will find that the majority of players are actually based here, Kurt.

Being a world cup, we should add in wanting to be good hosts to a whole bunch of foreign teams.

Not really foreign, old mate. Just Aussies dressed up in different team strips.

Latest posts