What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know anything about Hindmarsh?

strider

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
We should have put a big score on them last time we played too. They make me nervous the Roosters, even more than the Dragons to be honest. They ALWAYS turn up for Parra.

No we shouldn't - it was pissing rain, not exactly high scoring weather....yeah maybe we should have grafted a win - but the weather evened it up.

I also would prefer not to play the roosters, but they aren't what they used to be....any team we play (Manly, Roosters, Penrith) will be fired up next week - Manly hate Parra, Roosters and Penrith, if they make it, will feel they have been given a 2nd life and will play like they have nothing to lose.

Eelectrica

Referee
Dragons Cross said:
You guys will be alright, you have great depth to cover for him. He's a huge loss don't get me wrong but League is a 17 man game not one.

I still expect to meet you guys in the big one.
I hope you're right. I still think a Dragons V Parra GF would provide the best Grand final. Loser will be unfairly lumbered with the Chokers tag, but that's the way it is.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Sounds like good news on Hindy

TRiple M (Rabs on DSL) said similar, but he is expecting 2 weeks out

Good thing is

If Parra do beat the 8th placed team they get the week off then Hindy gets 3 weeks physio to recover from the injury but only misses 1 match.

Based on what I've heard so far today I'm expecting to see Hindmarsh back for the Grand Final Qualifer.

CrazyEel

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Sounds like good news on Hindy

TRiple M (Rabs on DSL) said similar, but he is expecting 2 weeks out

Good thing is

If Parra do beat the 8th placed team they get the week off then Hindy gets 3 weeks physio to recover from the injury but only misses 1 match.

Based on what I've heard so far today I'm expecting to see Hindmarsh back for the Grand Final Qualifer.
Best news of the day for me, I still believe we really need Hindy for the big ones coming up.

mickdo

Coach
PHEW!!!!!
If anyone can make a quick recovery, it is the football machine that is Nathan Hindmarsh!!!

Utey

Coach
PHEW Alright! I dont expect to see Hindy until the GF if we make it anyways.

mickdo

Coach
Still speculation at this stage, but the early diagnosis is PCL tear, which you can play with after a few weeks of physio. If you ever have a knee injury, a PCL is the one you want, as it is the one you can keep playing on with.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To me personally, the biggest issue about losing Hindmarsh is not really on the field.

Don't get me wrong - he is absolutely brilliant.

But I feel we can cover for him - Wagon, Perenara *shudder*, Cordoba, Afamasaga...Even Tsoulos can come onto the bench and Cayless into the second row, for argument's sake.

To me, it would be a huge shame if we make the Grand Final and he is unable to play. That would be a tragedy, and that is what I myself amd most worried about.

If any Eels Junior deserves to win a Premiership, and they all do, it is Hindmarsh - especially.

strider

Post Whore
I'd take a 75% fit Hindy into a game and feel confident he'd still be looking for MOTM honours - but anything less than that is too much of a risk.....god I hope he gets over this - it'd really f**k my year if we managed to get to a GF and Hindy couldn't play - not just cos it'd make it harder for us, but because its Hindy and he deserves to be there.

varion

Juniors
mickdo said:
Still speculation at this stage, but the early diagnosis is PCL tear, which you can play with after a few weeks of physio. If you ever have a knee injury, a PCL is the one you want, as it is the one you can keep playing on with.

I assume he would have to have off season surgery to fully rectify still unless the tear is extremely minor.

mickdo

Coach
A PCL tear would mean a 90% or so Hindy. It is not that big a deal, if that is what it is.

Hurriflatch

Referee
According to hte radio at this stage it is just the PLC but Hindy is having more scans just to be 100% sure there is no other damage to the knee.

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
According to hte radio at this stage it is just the PLC but Hindy is having more scans just to be 100% sure there is no other damage to the knee.
PLC? Isn't that a school on the north shore? :D

strider

Post Whore
Posterior injury eh? :-k

hmmm - well if you keep hanging your posterior out, its gonna get hurt some day :lol:

strider

Post Whore
and here's a few piccies for all those medial buffs out there

this ones from the back of the knee...
Bruckner-2e_23_1_b.jpg

and this one's from the front...
Bruckner-2e_23_1_a.jpg

and here's an icky one that makes u go - owie
kneescope3.JPG