What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Brad Arthur deserve the hype?

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
We are the most poorly coached side. No idea in attack. Pathetic in defence. What the f**k is this myth of a coach teaching them.

Wooden spoon guaranteed

Eelementary

Post Whore
Arthur moved heaven and hell to get us Watmough, and he signed him for three centuries...

That speaks volumes imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You know what, though? We've been going around in circles for years, debating whether the coach can coach but the players suck, or whether the coach has nfi, or both - and nothing ever really changes.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus Christ....JT has twice the side Arthur has, with three of the most promising young spine players in the game, and he still had to resort to whinging about the draw to explain why his side were struggling....clearly we made the wrong choice. FMD

Jesus Christ....JT has twice the side Arthur has, with three of the most promising young spine players in the game, and he still had to resort to whinging about the draw to explain why his side were struggling....clearly we made the wrong choice. FMD

The whinging about the draw was a mistake, but twice the side? Really? And those three spine players would have to be the most inexperienced combo in the NRL.

Bazal

Post Whore
Right now, I'd say it's not far off being twice as good. At full fitness it's closer, but the Tiges are ahead based on halves alone. Inexperienced they may be, but they are excellent players and playing well. Tedesco, Simona give them pace in the backline that we simply don't have.

Eelementary

Post Whore
In the games we have won (and against the Dogs, where we competed), I think he showed us he knows what he's doing.

But poor discipline, poor handling and predictable attack (offloads excluded) are a bit concernIng.

But like you said, Pou - it's early days yet, and realistically, we're not far from the 8 points-wise.

I begrudgingly choose to try to remain positive.

Last edited:
Right now, I'd say it's not far off being twice as good. At full fitness it's closer, but the Tiges are ahead based on halves alone. Inexperienced they may be, but they are excellent players and playing well. Tedesco, Simona give them pace in the backline that we simply don't have.
Yeah but we've got our own positives. Radrada is pretty good, for instance. Hoppa's a SoO player. Mannah, too. And Watmough. Juniour Paulo is a beast. Ma'u is a bloody champion. Edwards a real find. Pauli has a lot of potential. Peats was brilliant last year and should be back to his best soon.

A couple of different results and I think we might be looking at both squads' talent in a different light.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well he has done what the majority wanted him to do over the last couple of weeks:

- move Hoppa to centre
- move Robinson to fullback
- put a bigger forward on our bench in place of Issac

Avenger

Immortal
One thing is for sure if we jag the spoon and our stupid board sack Arthur the return of Ando drums will beat louder.