What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Brad Arthur deserve the hype?

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Just like to say happy birthday to BA for yesterday wouldn't have picked a worse day to have a birthday when the club gets dragged through the mud again.

Noise

Coach
We aren't? Lets look at the past couple of weeks:

1) All sides of the election for control of the club were fighting, backstabbing, breaking the rules and running to the paper to get their name out there
2) Our star halfback crashes a car he is test driving and flees the scene
3) Our $550K star halfback gets dropped to Wenty and replaced by a plodder of epic proportions
4) 2 players are revealed to be involved in a drug testing scandal and suspended
5) We have the worst defence in the league
6) We are favourites for the spoon.
7) After today we will be coming last

How are we not a basket case?

8) We are salary cap cheats

BennyBoy

Juniors
8) We are salary cap cheats

We are not cheats, but we are a basket case.

As Baza said somewhere on here hopefully the fallout from this episode will finally purge us of all the crap from the past and help us finally move forward.

I am not sold on BA yet but he should certainly be given time before any decision is made on his future. However I do hope the talk of locking him in for 10 years is just silly crap talk.

Avenger

Immortal
Didn't Arthur extend his deal with us earlier in the year? I wonder if Seward still thinks he will be our coach for the next 10 years? What an idiotic statement.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think BA was always going to be given this year as a "non-performance" year.

Realistically we need to win 9 of a 11 to make the Top 8, with only 3 matches at Pirtek remaining. For mine a loss to an under-strength Melbourne next week would definitely finish us off for this year, but I don't really give us much hope of making the Top 8 in any case.

Anyway, I have two questions for us to ponder.

1. Given no Plane in 2015, from here how many wins do we think is an OK year for BA?
2. How long does BA get in 2016 to turn it around?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think so. But, we're a multi-million dollar well funded organisation. Paying BA out isn't going to bankrupt us.
We can't even hire a full time coach or staff for U20's, so who knows???

It definitely thinks BA needs a shot with Foran and Scott here hopefully with a decent fullback and centre and we can compete for a top 8 spot next year. If by this time next year we are still bringing up the rear we should start looking for a replacement.

Chipmunk

Coach
We can't even hire a full time coach or staff for U20's, so who knows???

It definitely thinks BA needs a shot with Foran and Scott here hopefully with a decent fullback and centre and we can compete for a top 8 spot next year. If by this time next year we are still bringing up the rear we should start looking for a replacement.

I'm at about the same place I think.

We've re-signed two players to play Centre next year, I doubt we're on the look out for another one.

Pazza

First Grade
chopping and changing the coach isn't going to help. If anything it is going to damage the parramatta brand possibly beyond repair.