What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs to Re-sign MASON

Special K

Coach

I can't believe it. Wait, yes I can.

You don't turn down quality. We just did that.

Special K

Coach
So your saying that our club did not know for nearly a week that this was the offer the dogs had for Mason?

Our club is tight. End of story. I'm sick of this take it or leave it bullsh*t. You have to bend over backwards for quality!

Booyah

Bench
That's a bummer if it's true, but there's no point sulking about it. We missed out. Again. Absolutely nothing we can do about it..

It's not like we desperately needed Mason to be competitive anyway. He would have been a welcome addition to the team definantely, but this doesnt mean we can't still win a comp without him.

black_dot

Juniors
Exactly right mighty sharks. You don't turn town quality ? you also dont bend over and let people do you like cameo in deliverance !

MightySharks

Bench
Special K said:
So your saying that our club did not know for nearly a week that this was the offer the dogs had for Mason?

Our club is tight. End of story. I'm sick of this take it or leave it bullsh*t. You have to bend over backwards for quality!

How do you know he didn't stay at the Dogs for less money than offered elsewhere? Dogs Roosters and Broncos players often deside to do this.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
MightySharks said:
How do you know he didn't stay at the Dogs for less money than offered elsewhere? Dogs Roosters and Broncos players often deside to do this.

He did. $1.5 mill over 4 years. Average $375k a year. I know our offer was bigger and that we had more in the budget.

And you don't think we have a problem recruiting. pppffftttttt

menai_dogs

Juniors
Special K said:

I can't believe it. Wait, yes I can.

You don't turn down quality. We just did that.

i think its good we didnt get him, would have brought the doggies bad name to our club...

i think he is more overated than anasta (as much as dont like anasta)

berigan's our man...

imasharkie

Coach
Mason probably realised that he wouldn't be in the "pet brigade," and couldn't win another premiership with a bloke in charge who doesn't know how to coach.

black_dot

Juniors
IMa you really don't rate rapes do you mate !

Harsh call when he's sitting equal second on 22 points, doin better than anderson was in his two years.....

imasharkie

Coach
black_dot said:
IMa you really don't rate rapes do you mate !

Harsh call when he's sitting equal second on 22 points, doin better than anderson was in his two years.....

No time for him Beeks. The bloke has a culture that I don't like and being a supporter for 32 years it makes me feel cheated.

black_dot

Juniors
Mate I can see where your coming from for sure and you are well placed to make a call on whether you like him or not.

I tend to take things a bit like the anderson era. You don't like the bloke, question his tactics and selections alot and worry about the detrimental effect his tenure may have on our club, but at the end of the day I have to put some faith and trust in our CEO and the experience of both him and raper who are obviously better football heads and administrators than me.