What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

innsaneink

Referee
It was odd as they ran out for the start of the game, I saw Asotasi smiling, almost seemed amused...was only a shot of him for a second, they then cut to Webke,who to me looked nervous or worried, concerned maybe....maybe I'm reading them both wrong, but they WERE both quite contrasting.
Broncos on top from the outset and never looked really troubled at all.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
True, but with some of our most valuable players coming back from injury, its a bonus.

On tonight, yes, we won with less men, but think back to games such as Parramatta vs Eagles, they were 1 man down ON THE FIELD, and he was a forward so they had to work harder, and they won. The Bulldogs, from the get go tonight, were not up to it, and we fired out of the blocks, and unlike against Melbourne, never let go.

Leagueguy

Juniors
The Bulldogs, from the get go tonight, were not up to it, and we fired out of the blocks, and unlike against Melbourne, never let go.

Good point. Your right in saying we have more players to come back too. Topou, Eastwood, Hunt and possibly Ennis will really help. It would be hard to drop someone though. I thought Carlaw was excellent tonight, as was Stagg, so its hard to know who might make way.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Yeah, Carlaw was great, and did everything right to set up Boyd. Staggs defence was solid as usual, and Michales was solid also. Thaiday also plays so much better when starting.

On Civo, what sparked him and Utai? I have never seen Civo like that before.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm smart enough to know that Carlaw doesn't perform 2 weeks in a row. One good performance followed by 10 weeks of acting like a girl! Eastwood for him. I'd honestly leave Michaels in the team. He has speed and we need that on the wings! Ennis is a judgement call. At best he'll come in for Macguire. But I would not risk him.

mattyg

Bench
Timmah said:
54-2 means SFA in '06.

;-)

32-10, fourteenth spot... what more could you ask for? So far you've choked up worse than us, at least we made 12th :lol:

f*** how much i wished we didnt fall asleep (after utai was sent off) in that game we won 32-10. By the way, how could you forget 47-12!!, or 46-6...the list goes on and on. Yep they are just a few other occasions where the Tigers were thrashed this year. Ink lives in the past too much, we are in contention for the premiership now, and Ink's mob isn't :lol:

stumpy00

Juniors
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Yeah, Carlaw was great, and did everything right to set up Boyd. Staggs defence was solid as usual, and Michales was solid also. Thaiday also plays so much better when starting.

On Civo, what sparked him and Utai? I have never seen Civo like that before.
Utai kicked Civoniceva in the face while he was thrashing around on the ground after a tackle. They didn't show it on the replay, but it didn't look like it was on purpose.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Oh ok thanks for that!

Hopefully its not on purpose. After the bashing the broncos gave them tonight, the last thing they need is a suspension.

On Utai, he was their best player though. So dangerous and strong.

salivor

First Grade
Timmah said:
- Clark: blatant cheat. And 26,000 agreed with me (only 111 sad and sorry farkers managed to cheer for Brisbane). Forward pass my ass... obstruction my ass, drop ball my ass, Broncos second try MY ASS.

Yeah and what about the 2 bullsh*t forward pass calls that robbed Brisbane of 2 tries? Clark was attrocious, not a cheat, just incompetent.

And before you talk about Brisbanes support, at least we can draw a decent crowd to a big match i.e. v Melbourne last week. 26,000 was nothing to write home about, it came across as empty on the telly and there appeared to be zero atmosphere, not a good image for Friday Night footy.

Timmah said:
- WTF Lockyer? I know Holdsworth had a sh*t kicking game but for FFS you're the Australian and QLD 5/8th, get your f**king act together. You might've got man of the match but Patten and Hazem had your measure under the boot from minutes 1-80.

He had about 3 poor kicks all night that he put a bit too much juice on, other than that his kicking game was one of the highlights for mine. His long range efforts had the Bulldogs back 3 pinned back all night.

Timmah said:
- Considering the score I don't think we lost that badly... it just seemed to me they got lucky in sections... but that's the game

Yeah got lucky that your team has no heart. The Bulldogs weren't there to play right from the start, that was before they started dropping like flies. The Carroll try was soft defence, Parker and Thaiday both busted poor tackles to make breaks and Hodges capitalised on a poor kick and chase effort. I'd be filthy on my team for playing like the Doggies played rather than making excuses for them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Let me first say Timmah....you are are true f**k wit. Dead set, i have read some shyte in my time, but you take the cake with this thread.
I shouldnt be suprised though...this coming from a clown who said Mason has been the best prop over the past 3 yrs...one of your best!! (he has played all of what...10 games total there...and hardly played 2005)
Also didnt know Rene Maitua was in the GF team of 2004...and you call yourself a hardcore dogs fan. The only hardcore thing about you is your ability to toss the salami.

Booooo hooooo...the dogs had injuries. Shyte that did not stop the cowboys beating the broncos who lost their key playmaker in Thurston after less than 10 mins as well as other injuries that had them restricted to a one man bench.

Whinging about Clark....awwwwwwwww you lose a game and its the refs fault. Get pharked...you sound like Nathan Brown.
Brisbane finally put a performance on the board and out come the excuses for the poor doggies.
Which team has kept the dogs scoreless twice now? Brisbane...24 and 30 nil.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Any Broncos supporters care to deny that try #2 was not a try? He clearly dropped the ball over the line and Ch9 replays proved it.

Anyone care to explain how in blue blazes Andrew Ryan's pass out wide that eventually found Patten was deemed forward? The game would have had a completely different outcome based on that one completely incorrect decision. The Broncos got away with a lot last night...

Either way Mr Saab, why do you feel the need to come on here and dignify me with a response? Your boys hammered, go out and f**king enjoy it. You take the cake for being the worst fish in history.

Mr Saab

Referee
You take the cake for being the dumbest merkin on these boards...NFI about football.
Why did i reply? Why did you write the crap you wrote....ohhhhh thats right, you went fishing. Whenever someone replies in a negative way the old "fishing" excuse comes out....

Blame the ref eh Dodge...dont want to look at your own teams problems last night.
Didnt see broncos fans on here whinging about the refs the past 5 weeks.
Poor dogs lose one game to nil and its allllllllllllll the refs fault.
Open your eyes you naive pissant.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Do you want a medal for writing a few letters multiple times.

Here's one: Saaaaaaaaaaab is a faaaaarkwit ;-)

Sorry... where did I say we didn't have issues? We were soft up the middle, we sorely missed SBW, it was simply a poor performance, but IMO we were cost a major chance at winning the match or at least making a contest of it when Clark ruled on that "forward pass" out to Patten... my point was, we weren't as bad as nil... I believe we performed well enough that we deserved to get on the board - but it wasn't to be.

its not really the loss that is worrying me at the moment, i knew we were due for a loss before the finals, its not having tonga and asotasi at the moment, hopefully their injuries are not that bad.

CowMan

Juniors
will be Tough for the Bulldogs now Mason will get a few weeks there are a few injuries now 3 of them ? maybe 4 does not look good for the puppies

salivor

First Grade
Timmah said:
Any Broncos supporters care to deny that try #2 was not a try? He clearly dropped the ball over the line and Ch9 replays proved it.

Anyone care to explain how in blue blazes Andrew Ryan's pass out wide that eventually found Patten was deemed forward? The game would have had a completely different outcome based on that one completely incorrect decision. The Broncos got away with a lot last night...

Either way Mr Saab, why do you feel the need to come on here and dignify me with a response? Your boys hammered, go out and f**king enjoy it. You take the cake for being the worst fish in history.

Keep tugging on it Timmy, it may come to life eventually you impotent fool.

Care you explain the forward pass from Tate which the above shot showed was flat? We score that and we go 10 nil up, possibly 12. Care you explain how Hodges pass which was exactly the same as Ryan's was also deemed forward? There's 2 dodgy calls that more than make up for the Berrigan and Ryan calls that went our way. So keep finding something else to bitch about.

Timmah said:
IMO we were cost a major chance at winning the match or at least making a contest of it when Clark ruled on that "forward pass" out to Patten

Why don't you put that quote in a banner as it's that stupid that it deserves to be in someone's sig. Just a subtle reminder, the final score was 30-0 and a try is worth 6. Tug away mate.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Sorry... where did I say we didn't have issues? We were soft up the middle, we sorely missed SBW, it was simply a poor performance, but IMO we were cost a major chance at winning the match or at least making a contest of it when Clark ruled on that "forward pass" out to Patten... my point was, we weren't as bad as nil... I believe we performed well enough that we deserved to get on the board - but it wasn't to be.

Thats football. Didnt see many dogs fans whinging when El Masri knocked the ball against the dragons (a la the Matai knockdown in the final 30 secs vs Newcastle).
Dragons should have gotten the ball back and quite easily could have won that game. What goes around comes around.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
You know what?

Lets rub out that Berrigan try.

24-0.

Wow, that made a hell of a difference.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
every team has injuries, look at how many props we have out

you need depth to win a GF, and you cant blame a loss like this on having about 3 or 4 players injured

perhaps we should be giving more credit to the Bronx, after all, they are not in a slump if you listen to Bennett

salivor

First Grade
IanRitchie said:
You know what?

Lets rub out that Berrigan try.

24-0.

Wow, that made a hell of a difference.

Why stop there though...

Let's give the Michaels try, 30-0
Let's say the Ryan pass was sweet - 30-6
Let's say the Hodges pass was sweet - 36-6

What do you know, still 30 points difference.

Latest posts