What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door shuts on Lyon

The Colonel

Immortal
Meh. I don't wish him any ills, I don't wish him anything. I'll just refer to him as the number he wears on the jersey of his choice.

The Colonel said:
Meh. I don't wish him any ills, I don't wish him anything. I'll just refer to him as the number he wears on the jersey of his choice.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I was just talking about this roundabout will crank up again...once more when he signs with whoever...once more when he runs out for whatever team...once more when he plays against us....once more when he plays against us at home...................................................

The Colonel

Immortal
Most definitely. Particularly when he signs for whoever he signs for. Given all the going ons at the Roosters and the ties Mimis has I'm not so sure it will be the teams that are expected......

Suitman

Post Whore
Really, I'm disappointed.

Not so much that he is going elsewhere, that's his choice.
I'm disappointed that he has screwed us around again. I was one of those who not so much desperately wanted him back, but was willing to forgive him for past sins and give him another chance. Another chance to prove himself.

Maybe I'm naive, but I really thought he may have learnt something over the last two years. It seems that he hasn't.

I may get bitten once, but I'll never have anything but disdain for someone who bites twice.
People like Jamie end up being very lonely people.

Suity

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Most definitely. Particularly when he signs for whoever he signs for. Given all the going ons at the Roosters and the ties Mimis has I'm not so sure it will be the teams that are expected......

geez, if he went to the roosters, i think that will just about do me :lol:

roosters are also chasing a few other very highly rated players to apparently, which doesnt surprise

The Colonel

Immortal
Given who they are letting go they will be very competitive on the market. Wing, Morley, Fitzgibbon and Cross among a few other lesser names.

Suitman said:
Really, I'm disappointed.

Not so much that he is going elsewhere, that's his choice.
I'm disappointed that he has screwed us around again. I was one of those who not so much desperately wanted him back, but was willing to forgive him for past sins and give him another chance. Another chance to prove himself.

Maybe I'm naive, but I really thought he may have learnt something over the last two years. It seems that he hasn't.

I may get bitten once, but I'll never have anything but disdain for someone who bites twice.
People like Jamie end up being very lonely people.

Suity

Suity...all along the pessimist in me was not letting me set myself up for further disappointment. If I blocked out the chance of him coming back and dug my heels in on what I thought then it made it all the easier.

I'd love to have his class back but always questioned the "spots on the leopard".

If my suspicions are being proven true then it certainly doesn't make me feel any better but like you disappointed.

yy_cheng

Coach
I, like suity, wanted to give him another chance. I usually trust people when I first meet them and give them the benefit of the doubt. However, if they screw me over, I become very wary. For the first Jamie incident, I put that down as a young man making wrong decisions under cirumstances in which he was not mature enough to handle.

However, I have no more emotions left for him. If he never contacted Parra this second time around and just went on the market, I would still be a fan of his SKILLS, now, it's JAMIE WHO?

strider

Post Whore
I'll agree with you guys in a different way - the way i see it ...

once a prick, always a prick!!!

Oh - and while we are at it, lets wipe the ugly slime Jamie left on Brian Smith off ... BS was blamed far and wide for parra losing Jamie and Jamie jumped on the bandwagon ... as it turns out Jamie is a self centred poo-head ... Jamie left parra because of Jamie - no one else to blame, no scapegoats.

Strider,

I am just waiting to hear the Story, Jamie Left/ Didn't re-sign because of Fitzgerald . . . it is only one they have left to blame.

jason taylor

Bench
Why the heck would Manly want Lyon if Travis Burns is in five eight.

i hope he stuffs up in five eight and gets realeased and comes back begging to get into parramatta

yy_cheng

Coach
Yep, he'll beg to come back to Parra, we offer him $450K per season, and then heads off to play with someone else.

James_Hardie

Juniors
jason taylor said:
Why the heck would Manly want Lyon if Travis Burns is in five eight.

i hope he stuffs up in five eight and gets realeased and comes back begging to get into parramatta

Ideally we will sign Burns for more than half what Lyon will be asking. Lyon will turn out to be a shag of a 5/8 for Moanly, and we will have a talented young kid.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
Thanks to all the people who told us Lyon bashers that we were wrong about him....

Didn't it go something like, "What, you have never made a mistake, I'm sure you have. Unless your name is Jesus!" and so on and so fourth...

Junior Langi, Wise Kativerata, Darren Tracey, Corey Pearson. These are just some of the signing we made because we couldn't fit other players under the cap while paying Jamie to do f**k all.

....Wise Kativerata people, Wise Kativerata!.....:crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Colonel said:
Given who they are letting go they will be very competitive on the market. Wing, Morley, Fitzgibbon and Cross among a few other lesser names.

given thier current form, they need him

the chooks are the only team that we can beat atm

Sean7

Juniors
V1er said:
I hope we tear him a new.....

id love it for manly v parra next year to kick off on friday night round 1 at parramatta stadium so we can 'welcome' jamie back :x

I'm sure our team will welcome him by opening a long tunnel in our defensive line all the way to the tryline.

And the fans will sit in the stands saying intelligent things like "Boooooooo", "Jamie is a c#$t" and "Judas" which will undoubtably turn Jamie into a blubbering mess.