What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons back in the F7s

antonius

Coach
I have reffed and played this game for years and can promise you, to my knowledge no game has ever been rigged to suit milestones, or for any other reason. The suggestion that it occurs is offensive to everyone that has ever reffed games.

taxidriver

Coach
well i've just read the locked thread and this one.

I must say that madunit and big mick seem to have a license to say whatever they want without any recriminations, the discussion was still quite civil till they piped in.

I also went back to the original game thread and still haven't been able to work out how dubo's article had more (or even more significant errors) than big pete's. Given the ref raised this as a factor in determining marks, there should be some sort of accountability.

I'm also curious about this quote from the ref

"I certainly won't advocate having an innocent party (Big Pete) and his writing dragged through the mud just because someone who is unwilling to accept an offer of constructive criticism doesn't like his personal score."

You claim this is all because dubo didn't like his score, from this side of the terminal it looks like you can't handle questions about the impartiality of the system.

difference is you have the power to lock a thread to avoid those questions.

If that doesn't raise questions around abuse of power, then i'm surprised.

Jesbass

First Grade
Jesbass,

I'm not accusing you of anything. Just seeking clarification of when it is, or isn't, Ok to disclose the author and contents of PM's.

All good, mate. I didn't mean to imply that you've accused me of anything, but dubopov has been quite openly accusatory, both in public but especially in private.

ADDENDUM: Sorry, forgot to address your actual point! As far as I'm aware, people aren't allowed to publicly quote PMs. (I'm only supposed to be a mod so I can sticky threads, but it was recommended to me by another moderator that I act on a PM that was quoted, even though it was posted by its author, as it included someone else's PM.

Last edited:

murphyscreek

Coach
All good, mate. I didn't mean to imply that you've accused me of anything, but dubopov has been quite openly accusatory, both in public but especially in private.

I'm glad everything's all good. But would still like an answer to the question of when is it ok to publicly disclose pm's, and when it isn't.

Edit: Haha, simultaneous posts and I see you addressed my next question whilst I was typing it.

Jesbass

First Grade
I'm glad everything's all good. But would still like an answer to the question of when is it ok to publicly disclose pm's, and when it isn't.

Edit: Haha, simultaneous posts and I see you addressed my next question whilst I was typing it.

Ha. A much appreciated lighter moment. :)

Big Mick

Referee
I must say that madunit and big mick seem to have a license to say whatever they want without any recriminations, the discussion was still quite civil till they piped in.

LOL you are kidding right? You think I'M bulletproof...LOL that's funny dude!

That statement obviously proves you've only been around recently. If you'd been around 2-3 years ago...both myself and unit were very outspoken and were reprimanded for it both publicly & privately by the powers that be - I'm sure others will confirm this be it Antonius, Willow, anyone - and quite frankly on most occassions we deserved it!

Only difference is, I coped it and moved on and improved my game. Others, it seems, want to cry, cry, cry & then quit...and then cry, cry, cry...abuse...cry, cry, cry acuse people of fraud, cry cry cry, try to bring a fun game down with them.

And that's what annoys me. If it wasn't for Dubo carrying on I'd have nothing to say, because to be honest, the rest of you Dragons players have handled yourselves with class!.

In particular Murphyscreek & also Dragonz Rule - At least they have a balanced viewpoint and can at least make some form of formal arugment to their points which I respect. But Dubo seems for some reason to just want to fly off the handle and take out the competition with him. That's what I don't like and why I'm so aggressive & I have been spoken to a bit in private, to be honest with you (so your statement is false)...and go figure I have eased off...why? 1) Because I RESPECT my teammates and this game enough to do so & 2) Because I have a job and having an internet fued isn't exactly high up on any priority list. I've moved on. Thats the beauty of not being able to hold a grudge - I get over things overnight.

i.e. If Dubo was to come back - provide some form of solution to his perceived problem and continue for the Dragons - I'd applaud him and welcome him back with open arms because he and the Dragons are too important to this competition to lose. You are all bloody fantastic writers and it'd be an absolute shame to lose any of you quite frankly - ESPECIALLY over something as trivial as this that can be solved with clear lines of communication and some innovative thinking!

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big Mick and Madunit are champions, legends of the F7's world.
You pricks are no one. Pipe down you sook.

Raider_69
Shatner_as_Denny_Crane.jpg

murphyscreek

Coach
Big Mick and Madunit are champions, legends of the F7's world.
You pricks are no one. Pipe down you sook.

Raider_69
Shatner_as_Denny_Crane.jpg

Yep...well thanks for summing it up. What chance the "pricks" V the "champions" and "legends"?

Big Mick,

I appreciate your views as expressed above. Unfortunately, your comments on Friday along with a couple of others (Azkatro...and to a lesser extent madunit) were the ones that persuaded me that this comp was no longer for me. They were untimely and pretty unhelpful, especially when you crashed our R2 Game thread to continue the abuse.

Big Mick

Referee
Yep...well thanks for summing it up. What chance the "pricks" V the "champions" and "legends"?

Big Mick,

I appreciate your views as expressed above. Unfortunately, your comments on Friday along with a couple of others (Azkatro...and to a lesser extent madunit) were the ones that persuaded me that this comp was no longer for me. They were untimely and pretty unhelpful, especially when you crashed our R2 Game thread to continue the abuse.

To be fair Murphyscreek, that was only in response to absolutely trying to tarnish the reputation of NT who is a great person and great player in F7's and I didn't appreciate the way your team was making him feel like he was nothing - by calling him pathetic a number of times.

Souths have been struggling for some time to get a team on the field and while I appreciate the frustration of writing articles when playing against no team, its no reason to go after someone like that - and that is what the team did - and with the frustration of that whole day I said some things in the heat of the moment that i regret & I apologise.

To your credit, however, you also apologised to NT of which I then stopped. Unfortunately your captain wanted to keep it going with a smartass remark. To which I took exception. Again you were the only person to at least apologise to NT for cracking at him at the time. Another means of which I applaud you.

If you think my comments were over the top, I apologise, I cannot change it now, but I do apologise. But to leave a competition because of that is not the way to go. They are words on a screen. They are worthless.

What I want is for the Dragons to be competing...to be happy...to feel like they are fairly treated...and most importantly that progress is being made to ease the perception of unfairness that has obviously been built up inside the Dragons camp. That sort of progress cannot be made with the Dragons leaving the competition. It can only be made in collaboration.

And if any of the Dragons want to work with me in sharing their views and maybe coming up with a solution to a perceived problem in a civil manner - I'm more than happy to do so - But I just want to go on with having fun with this competition and playing in a way that it should be played.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore

Big Mick,

get a grip mate, i was taking the piss... you'll notice i do that lot.
:sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
LOL I started watching BP again this week purely because of the Ninja's. lol.

You'll love my one and only article this year then
im not it will score well, or score at all but at some point this year i will rock your world

murphyscreek

Coach
get a grip mate, i was taking the piss... you'll notice i do that lot.
:sarcasm:

No worries....missed the humour there given the current state of play.

Might give it a try myself this Friday night at the Murphys Creek Tavern. Walk up to a bunch of timber cutters and declare "You pricks are no-one!"

And when I lie postrate in the back of the ambulance, as consciousness fades, I'll feebly declare;

"I was only taking the piss."

murphyscreek

Coach
To be fair Murphyscreek, that was only in response to absolutely trying to tarnish the reputation of NT who is a great person and great player in F7's and I didn't appreciate the way your team was making him feel like he was nothing - by calling him pathetic a number of times.

That's not entirely the truth Big Mick. Dubopov asked NT, as is his right (I believe) as Captain, whether he should have informed us he was forfeiting. At that point things were still civil and no-one had called anyone pathetic. That happened later as things got a bit heated.

Go back and read the thread. Before the word "pathetic" was ever said you crashed in and said complete with a youtube link (which I haven't checked yet);

"What is wrong with you?

Are you perfect?

Stop acting like you are high and mighty. Seriously...you are acting like a b****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGVoL...=youtube_gdata "

We have all have moments we regret in retrospect (like my comment aimed at NT on Friday night), but the mark of maturity is to admit when one get's something wrong, rather then lamely trying to rewrite history.

tits&tans

Juniors
I don't post often but here we go anyway.
It's been an incredible (eye-opening, toe-curling, irritating, fascinating) voyage to wade through the layers of tears, accusations, recriminations, apologies and tantrums that have built up here and in other threads.

F7s is supposed to be an enjoyable way to voluntarily spend our time. If it isn't enjoyable for you, then step back and try something else. Seems pretty simple to me. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to "play" (write).

However, ff you still want to play, but have concerns about some aspect of how things work, then make a constructive comment. If you are serious about F7s, then suggest a way to either improve the situation or fix the problem. This is what true fans AND adults do. Finger-pointing, accusatory comments and non-constructive comments don't help anybody - grow up.

(On a side note: This would also make a fantastic case study in the field of communication studies. The potential/intentional/perceived/interpreted meaning of almost every comment posted in these threads would keep tweed-jacketed academics busy for years. On top of this is the sociological phenomenon of people posting messages that, perhaps in a real-life situation, would lead to a "friendly" altercation "out the back". The security, anonymity and balls a cyber-ego gives you is considerable.) (If not a case study, then at least an F7s article?)

Anyway, back to the reason (well, two) that prompted me to say something.

Reason 1
A couple of comments from the Dragons vs Rabbitohs match struck me as unusual:

we all have jobs, we all have lives...we don't want to sit here writing crap for no reason (hornbyslilhottie24)

- well, it's not for no reason is it? Isn't this meant to be fun? (see above)
We could be bothered....and they couldn't. (murphyscreek)
- in which case, isn't your team almost guaranteed a win? That seems like a good thing, no? Don't you write each match for pleasure/fun? Irrespective of the opposition?
Anyway, I'm not looking to start a sad little cyberfight, or am particularly interested in a return comment, I'm simply contributing to the ongoing discussion that makes F7s whatever it currently is.

Reason 2
It would be a shame to see any team leave F7s, however if all team members decide to do so, then ok, leave. But actually leave. Not partially leave. Physically stop posting and stop being part of F7s. We'll grieve and cry and tear our hair out and then we will continue to play and write and have fun.

Isn't that what F7s is?

Big Mick

Referee
That's not entirely the truth Big Mick. Dubopov asked NT, as is his right (I believe) as Captain, whether he should have informed us he was forfeiting. At that point things were still civil and no-one had called anyone pathetic. That happened later as things got a bit heated.

Go back and read the thread. Before the word "pathetic" was ever said you crashed in and said complete with a youtube link (which I haven't checked yet);

"What is wrong with you?

Are you perfect?

Stop acting like you are high and mighty. Seriously...you are acting like a b****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGVoL...=youtube_gdata "

We have all have moments we regret in retrospect (like my comment aimed at NT on Friday night), but the mark of maturity is to admit when one get's something wrong, rather then lamely trying to rewrite history.

MC.

To be entirely truthful that was after a number of comments in other threads surrounding other topics of which totally got me riled up from Dubo from his carrying on particularly an attack on unit - Up until Friday I'd been very quiet surrounding the issues. Hoping there would be some conclusion to the matter. But when Dubo made a number of comments attacking some people I respect - namely jesbass & Unit - along with quitting...I'd had enough.

It was from reading his posts as though the competition owed him something and then questioning NT in the manner he did I just had enough. It was whinging all day and then to have a go at NT to which I asked him if he was perfect...to which noone is and to stop acting like he runs the place. Could I have worded it better...of course...but my point was still valid. That whole day all I read was Dubo whinging and whining and then NT posted in the thread and he basically just went "oh you could have told us, don't you have authority around here" and I while I may be guilty at that point of misinterpreting the manner of the post, I don't think I was either given the context of the day's general posts.

Then other teammates of yours piped in and started having cracks at NT like hornby'slittlehottie saying that NT is pathetic - then you agreeing - then saying that I should watch out calling people pathetic. lol. But that is beside the point. I don't give a rats if anyone has a crack at me. Its no skin off my nose - I've heard it all before - but I can't sit back and let a team smash a guy who has worked his ass off to keep a team around like NT and that what it was. It was 5 vs 1 - and then he & I get accussed of being part of a boys club?. lol.

Like I said, you can still maintain what you think...that is your perogative but a bit of context never goes astray in such instances. The whole events of the day led up to that moment of madness. Doesn't excuse it...but if Dubo had also not carried on like a porkchop for a number of days - I wouldn't have said anything. If yourself, or other members of your team were handling such duties...I doubt we'd be in the position we are in right now - put it that way.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
No worries....missed the humour there given the current state of play.

Might give it a try myself this Friday night at the Murphys Creek Tavern. Walk up to a bunch of timber cutters and declare "You pricks are no-one!"

And when I lie postrate in the back of the ambulance, as consciousness fades, I'll feebly declare;

"I was only taking the piss."

:lol: are you for real?
Is so, you've lost all grasp on reality.

Lighten up mate, life's not so bad, you're welcome to join back here on planet earth anytime
FTR, on a serious note, F7's is supposed to be a fun competition played in friendly spirit, if you taken the comp too seriously, then again id suggest lightening up

murphyscreek

Coach
It's been an incredible (eye-opening, toe-curling, irritating, fascinating) voyage to wade through the layers of tears, accusations, recriminations, apologies and tantrums that have built up here and in other threads.

F7s is supposed to be an enjoyable way to voluntarily spend our time. If it isn't enjoyable for you, then step back and try something else. Seems pretty simple to me. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to "play" (write).

However, ff you still want to play, but have concerns about some aspect of how things work, then make a constructive comment. If you are serious about F7s, then suggest a way to either improve the situation or fix the problem. This is what true fans AND adults do. Finger-pointing, accusatory comments and non-constructive comments don't help anybody - grow up.

(On a side note: This would also make a fantastic case study in the field of communication studies. The potential/intentional/perceived/interpreted meaning of almost every comment posted in these threads would keep tweed-jacketed academics busy for years. On top of this is the sociological phenomenon of people posting messages that, perhaps in a real-life situation, would lead to a "friendly" altercation "out the back". The security, anonymity and balls a cyber-ego gives you is considerable.) (If not a case study, then at least an F7s article?)

Reason 1

we all have jobs, we all have lives...we don't want to sit here writing crap for no reason (hornbyslilhottie24)
- in which case, isn't your team almost guaranteed a win? That seems like a good thing, no? Don't you write each match for pleasure/fun? Irrespective of the opposition?
Anyway, I'm not looking to start a sad little cyberfight, or am particularly interested in a return comment, I'm simply contributing to the ongoing discussion that makes F7s whatever it currently is.

Reason 2
It would be a shame to see any team leave F7s, however if all team members decide to do so, then ok, leave. But actually leave. Not partially leave. Physically stop posting and stop being part of F7s. We'll grieve and cry and tear our hair out and then we will continue to play and write and have fun.

Isn't that what F7s is?

I can only speak for myself but I fully intend to "actually" leave. But when comments continue to be made about us, and in some cases history being rewritten, I think any of us have a right to reply.

Out of all the comments that were made by many on Friday, you found only two by Dragons players that were unusual? I find that unusual. I apologised to NT for the one I made (that you've quoted) unreservedly, and that apology stands.

However, it was a legitimate question that dubopov asked of an opposing Captain about whether we should have been informed he intended to forfeit. Some of us might have had "B" garade articles wasting space on our hard drives that we may have preferred to use, had we known. We thought NT was also an official of the game (as well as a Captain), but that seems to need clarifying. But as you rightly say, that's none of my business now.

Big Mick,

It's my belief that if you hadn't have entered the game thread to continue your stoush with dubo that you were having on the closed catharsis thread, our reactions would have been far more moderate. You don't seem to see the irony of carrying on like a pork chop about a bloke you claim is carrying on like a pork chop.

I see a lot of that thread has now dissapeared into neverland (our round 2 match thread). So history can be rewritten as much as anyone likes from now on and there'll be no comeback for those of us that prefer the truth.

Bwuce, Bwuce, wherefore art thou Bwuce?

Last edited:

Azkatro

First Grade

Big Mick,

My comments were directed toward dubopov and in response to what I feel is becoming a shameless display of martyrdom. Sorry if it has upset anyone you or anyone else. It is totally unfair however for dubopov to continually question the integrity of people involved when they are volunteering their time - and to not even elaborate or provide detail on his core concern. Jesbass is probably going bald trying to keep everything together at the moment, and I'm pretty sure he's written more words than I ever have in F7's articles in the last couple of weeks just trying to be diplomatic, despite some pretty low and unfounded accusations and slander. Maybe refs make the odd mistake, but they are volunteers. Refs in the NRL are paid well and make mistakes, and all we can do is cop it on the chin.

antonius

Coach

Reason 1

Reason 2

Isn't that what F7s is?

This post pretty much sums it up.:cool:

Latest posts