What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Draw 2018

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Close. It was 2001. Now Tingha had some speed. He took off to union at the end of that year too.

That long ago, huh? Shit, back then I was in my late 20s, now I'm in my mid 40s. Time flies when you're having fun.

Was this the year Laurie Nichols passed away? On a bus heading home, I remember him patting me on the shoulder, and saying "well done" after the Dragons won.

The funny thing is that his hand left a dirty mark on my newly acquired SGI jersey bought earlier in the day. Reflecting back, I wasn't impressed, but I can laugh about it now.

Life's Good

Coach
That long ago, huh? Shit, back then I was in my late 20s, now I'm in my mid 40s. Time flies when you're having fun.

Was this the year Laurie Nichols passed away? On a bus heading home, I remember him patting me on the shoulder, and saying "well done" after the Dragons won.

The funny thing is that his hand left a dirty mark on my newly acquired SGI jersey bought earlier in the day. Reflecting back, I wasn't impressed, but I can laugh about it now.
Seems we are of about the same vintage. And yes, it’s THAT long ago.
Nichols died in 2000 so it must be a game from the 90’s because in 2000 we lost the first game they played as West Tigers in Rd1(don’t think we played them again in 2000).