What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fans, lend me your knowledge

drake

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
I've been sitting on some Wicks info for a while, but now that he's jumping ship I figure there's no need to protect him...

Faked a back injury to get out of the Cowboys game, so he could be at a mates wedding. All scans and x-rays came up negative, Dragons staff started to get suspicious. Wicks turned his phone off, wouldn't return any calls. Copped a huge fine from Doust and Young on his return. From that point he needed to turn in some big performances to redeem himself in the eyes of the club and be re-signed, and hasn't done it. Truth is he is a bit of a sook.

Glad to see the back of the twat in that case

edit: even gladder than I was when I thought he was just a fat, lazy f**k.

borat

Bench
You have to look at this rationally guys. Newcastle have 1.5mil to spend and are desperately after props. Wicks had slipped well down the pecking order, Houston & Hunt both gone ahead, and seemed to be only useful in short spells off the bench. Even if we could compete with Newcastle, do we want to pay the world for a bench player with butter fingers.

macavity

Referee
you guys produce a hundred damaging props every year it seems.

perhaps we can take a few more while we are at it...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
We've got a great CEO up for grabs mate.

I recommend you take him as well! I have no doubt he and Brian Smith would get along real well.

Jono078

Referee
macavity said:
you guys produce a hundred damaging props every year it seems.

perhaps we can take a few more while we are at it...

Perhaps we will, Houston is a target of Smith's.

drake

First Grade
We've got a guy named Corey Payne, he would fit in well in Newcastle; please take him.

borat

Bench
Father Ted said:

I have heard that too, think it was in the newcastle Herald. The wicks signing seemed to come from left field, no one up here nor the media were predicting it. My guess is that the Knights turned to Wicks once they realised they were not getting Ryles.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
They're still a chance of getting both to be honest. Newton, Woolnough, and Perry leaves a slim forward pack. Ryles and Wicks provide experience and youth respectively.

DeeGan

Bench
As I said in another thread, a good signing from Brian Smith - some Dragons fans beg to differ, though looking at their season, you can appreciate a little bitterness when appraising a player wearing the Red V at the moment (no, not a low blow at you guys).

Danny Wicks is a young prop with a huge upside in potential.

Prop's starting hitting their straps 25 years and up, Brian Smith for all of his faults can spot and developt talent - I think Wicks can be one of the best running around in a few years in his position.

If I am a Newcastle fan I am happy with the the signing.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Faked a back injury to get out of the Cowboys game, so he could be at a mates wedding. All scans and x-rays came up negative, Dragons staff started to get suspicious. Wicks turned his phone off, wouldn't return any calls. Copped a huge fine from Doust and Young on his return. From that point he needed to turn in some big performances to redeem himself in the eyes of the club and be re-signed, and hasn't done it. Truth is he is a bit of a sook.

Source?

Latest posts