1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW! JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragons let down by the NRL

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by SnowDragon, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

As l said mate, l agree wholeheartedly with you but from a law’s perspective, we must allow him presumption of innocence.

Dragon David likes this.
  2. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

He’s presumed innocent of the rape charges, but his actions that put him in the situation that led to him being charged are the epitome of selfishness.

Dragon David and Old Timer like this.
  3. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

Dickhead

4. muzby

I’ll take that as a “no” then & assume you’re just trolling again..

5. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Indeed
    He is entitled to the same amount of regard that he showed for others.

6. This Year?

This Year? Coach

I see it more the other way around. The Dragons have let the NRL down. This club has lost it's identity and everything it stands for. We used to be rugby league but now we are a joke.

Crush, Dragon David and TruSaint like this.
  7. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Indeed.

This Year?, Crush and Dragon David like this.
  8. VodkaSaint

VodkaSaint Juniors

BET the rules would be much more lenient if it where the roosters or storm.
    Im so over our game.

9. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Almost there. The Dragons have let there whole membership and supporter base down with their actions over the past 9 years. Not signing Wayne for longer in the beginning or waiting until his last year to extend him then he said shove it was the start of the rot.

This Year? and Dragon David like this.
  10. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Yep...and the Dragons have let down its supporters when they decided to merge with Illawarra, and then became a second rate team with poor administration, coaches, and players employed...

This Year? likes this.
  11. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Yes, quite right BLM01. It's so ridiculous that we re-sign a useless coach with so little quality in the name of McGregor over and over again when his results have overall been diabolical, whilst the stupid Board and CEO at the time, not long after we won the grand final in 2010 did not push to re-sign Bennett for at least another two more years after 2011. What a joke! Were they thinking that one premiership for SGI was enough and not pursue two or three wins in a row? Look at the Roosters, as I put in one of my posts, they WILL be gunning for win number 3 in a row for sure which in this day and age of NRL will be hard to surpass.

BLM01 and Old Kogarah Boy 1 like this.
  12. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

The post typifies why this Forum needs a LOL button.

Clearly, you have NFI regarding the difference between joint ventures and mergers. As a stand-alone term, the latter infers palpable relinquished identity.

Only you could get it so amusingly incorrect.

Where’s Willow when he’s required? A fair while ago, I recall he posted a concise riposte on this very subject.

13. muzby

Ahh Jimmy.. When you are trying to back yourself out of a corner, you use big words trying to make you appear smart.. The further into your corner the funnier your words become..

I’d love to play poker against you..

Feel free to go do some research on the companies I’ve mentioned, they’re a great real world example of mergers..

In short - had St George merged, they could carry on the history.. Unfortunately the 15 premierships sit separate to the current first grade team..

The law recognises it.. The NRL recognises it.. Everyone who isn’t a legacy St George fan recognises it..

Why can’t you?

14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

I’ll simply defer you to the number of premierships listed at the beginning of this Forum....all 16 of them...and be done with it. You’re incapable of acknowledging when you ARE wrong; this has been demonstrated multiple times on differing threads.’

Big words? I don’t see any, but then again, I can’t see through your beer goggled eyes either.

Other than trolling like the proverbial fruit fly, why are you here?

(That’s rhetorical).

15. muzby

No need to work yourself up, son.. (Your other trait when flustered is to start parroting back my comments with a different slant..)

Just do go a bit of research about mergers.. You’ll calm down once you realise the difference..

16. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Jimmy,

Mate, as Dragons fans we can always claim 16. Reality is, history will record it as 15 as STG and 1 as STGI.

When the governing body has already determined that, what we say becomes irrelevant.

Im a diehard Kogarah oldboy, and I understand your frustration. Everyone 20 or under attending games now, only know of STGI. We need to move forward, whilst embracing our rich history at the same time. The 2 are not mutually exclusive from a passionate fans viewpoint.

muzby and Old Kogarah Boy 1 like this.
  17. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Bennett wanted a five year contract with us...... Doust offered him 3 years only.
    Go figuire!

Dragonsamy, Dragon David and TruSaint like this.
  18. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

The Dragons have been let down by no one but The Dragons.

That’s why people have turned away.

19. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

The rot has been set for a long, long time.

This Year? and Dragonsamy like this.
  20. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

You are right OKB1 that's the crazy part. We kill it in year 1 but don't win the big one, kill it in year 2 and win it and on the way to killing it again in year 3 and if the 5 years was granted as Bennett wanted it, they would have gone very close to winning the big one again in my opinion and then year 4 if given to Bennett, winning 3 in a row- who knows? This scenario could have happened more's the pity.

With McGregor, it was totally against the grain as if the club only wanted mediocre /poor results for the past 6years and that is why they re-signed him at early stages of the comp. So the NRL did not let us down, the Dragons themselves did in a big way.

Crazy that the bosses of the club could not see the difference between Bennett and Price/McGregor - absolutely crazy!!!

This Year? and Dragonsamy like this.