What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Fijian Wing Sensation

rednwhites

Juniors
Tupou is unavailable, Oates wants to stay with Bennett and his asking price is massive.

Don't believe everything you read. Especially what you read here.

My perspective is changing.

The Roosters are playing this weekend and we are not, again. Asking prices don't phase Nick Politis as he will just arrange some TPA's to get the players he wants. We don't have a Bellamy or a Bennett to entice talent so we need savy manager to get the players we need.

We can joke bitterly and call them the Rorters and the Cheating Storm but in the end we are just envious that we don't have the coach or the people with financial power and nous to get the players we need.

It's not a matter of believing what you read. We can all see it play out on the field.

WepnutV

Juniors
Is he Mary's replacement? I am confused.

Shouldn't we be focusing on a recruitment of a proven coach and not some unproven player?

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a talent, but this is not going to solve anything.

The problem is there's not too many proven coaches in RL. If we sack Mary and sign someone else you will find we will take a massive backward step.. Your way of thinking will lead straight to a wooden spoon.. No thank you not at this club

WepnutV

Juniors
You mean to say Saints won’t be acquiring Oates and/or Tupou?

I’m shocked.

Perhaps I’m a little finicky, but I prefer recruits to have first grade experience before my interest is piqued. It’s not unlike the situation with the current coach, who was appointed without any established NRL credentials.
Haha your silly.. its smart because if they have first grade experience they cost so much more to sign.. This is very smart purchase imo as he will come fairly cheap..

rednwhites

Juniors
The problem is there's not too many proven coaches in RL. If we sack Mary and sign someone else you will find we will take a massive backward step.. Your way of thinking will lead straight to a wooden spoon.. No thank you not at this club

It's not my way of thinking. I know it, you know it. The last time we signed a coach outside of the Dragons inner circle we won a comp. But you didn't want that at your club.

denis preston

First Grade
You mean to say Saints won’t be acquiring Oates and/or Tupou?

I’m shocked.

Perhaps I’m a little finicky, but I prefer recruits to have first grade experience before my interest is piqued. It’s not unlike the situation with the current coach, who was appointed without any established NRL credentials.
Think you are being hard here Jimmy. We play by the rules in relation to the salary cap.Couple this to our lack of TPA's ( which the new owners should address STRAIGHT away ) restricts us to moneyball signings to compliment our large contract players. This signing , resigning Periera points to the McDonald rumors may have some substance.

Carlton

Juniors
I think this is the sort of signings that need to be made. Buy young players with the right physical attributes (size and speed) who have not made first grade but look like they possibly could in the short term. Its a numbers game, you move players like this through the club, keeping only those very few who do make it.

BLM01

First Grade
Based on what? His race?
Why keep repeating yourself to incite and hopefully draw out a PC race card just like a journo would do to sensationalise to follow the rest of the black sheep to hopefully outrage everyone with what could be innocent comments. The mere fact you keep hoping that it is about race speaks volumes about who is racist.

The type of potential player, position and the wraps about what he could be are all similar to that Nabuli..and yeh so what if both Fijian, why would you not compare him to Nabuli. he did not make it in the NRL but OK at rugby.

Few years ago they did a story about Eto and Radradra about where they come from and how they may light up the NRL. Both ended up in rugby but 1 left a huge mark on the NRL.
So doing that story about comparing and highlighting 2 Fijians and where they come from is that being racist....no. So why when you compare him to another Fijian about how he might turn out in the NRL any different.

mickeylane

Bench
My perspective is changing.

The Roosters are playing this weekend and we are not, again. Asking prices don't phase Nick Politis as he will just arrange some TPA's to get the players he wants. We don't have a Bellamy or a Bennett to entice talent so we need savy manager to get the players we need.

We can joke bitterly and call them the Rorters and the Cheating Storm but in the end we are just envious that we don't have the coach or the people with financial power and nous to get the players we need.

It's not a matter of believing what you read. We can all see it play out on the field.
Tupou will be released by the Roosters if he finds a club that will gusrantee him 1st grade position.
McDonald goes Tupou will come straight in IMo - tigers also sniffing around .

Latest posts