What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Fijian Wing Sensation

When focused Nene is very good.

Has ability to make good yardage.

Needs a coach who is able to toss a bunger into his jockey shorts to get him motivated.

Not sure Mary is able to light the fire within Nene.

As for TPA’s, Gordon has has 10 years to do something to help us secure the best talent.

Hasn’t happened to date.

Not holding my breath

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Haha your silly.. its smart because if they have first grade experience they cost so much more to sign.. This is very smart purchase imo as he will come fairly cheap..

And, there’s no guarantee that this bloke will come within coo-ee of being an NRL player.

Potential is one thing, experience is another.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
And, there’s no guarantee that this bloke will come within coo-ee of being an NRL player.

Potential is one thing, experience is another.
McGregor won't play him anyway , will stick with the favourites, like Aitken, Lafai, f**k would probably ask Nightingale to come out of retirement, took him forever to give Pereira a chance and he was never going to play Lomax if Aitken didnt get injured no matter how shit he played..

Drag Queen

Bench
Paying peanuts sometimes pays off, but mostly doesn’t. Fingers crossed this ones an exception to the rule.
Nobody expected much from Vaughn either. Another ISP
Paying peanuts sometimes pays off, but mostly doesn’t. Fingers crossed this ones an exception to the rule.
Paying peanuts can pay off. Vaughn and Pereira are perfect examples. Nothing to lose here as far as I can see.

Reactions: jak

nontime111

Juniors
yeah give him a go he looks the goods! big strong fast, coach him up with the skills and watch him fly!

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
This is where Melb has it all over us their 1-7 they got on the cheap not established, never played or played minimal 1st grade at other clubs, Slater, AddoCar(minimal) Scott, Chambers Blair, Vunivulu, Munster,Croft, Bellamy gave them ago at a YOUNG age, not scared to throw them in and they could possibly win the GF this year

JDHD

Juniors
Our best without doubt were Walford and Blacklock , years and years ago obviously, can't really think of anyone else in the last 20 odd years that we have bought as a winger who has excelled..

Lee Hookey went all right

JDHD

Juniors
This is where Melb has it all over us their 1-7 they got on the cheap not established, never played or played minimal 1st grade at other clubs, Slater, AddoCar(minimal) Scott, Chambers Blair, Vunivulu, Munster,Croft, Bellamy gave them ago at a YOUNG age, not scared to throw them in and they could possibly win the GF this year

Yeah that’s true but every last one of those players were on the radar of every single scout in the country as a potential rep player. Melbourne just offered them equivalent money and, except for Slater, the chance to play under Bellamy and with Smith, Cronk and Birry

Belta

Juniors
Nobody expected much from Vaughn either. Another ISP

Paying peanuts can pay off. Vaughn and Pereira are perfect examples. Nothing to lose here as far as I can see.

I see your point, however I’d say Vaughan is not a good example. We paid top dollar 750k which was a lot at the time. (Which caused a forum melt down) Had a form, slump prior to us getting him. Canberra had two 2 good props at this time, one a current test player (Boyd).

But as you say Pereira and others like Dufty, Lomax, Lawry, Luc maybe similar examples, and given the chance shows recruiting from ISP can be cost effective but I say it can be hit and miss.

Vinnie

Juniors
McGregor won't play him anyway , will stick with the favourites, like Aitken, Lafai, f**k would probably ask Nightingale to come out of retirement, took him forever to give Pereira a chance and he was never going to play Lomax if Aitken didnt get injured no matter how shit he played..

So true ... just to think it took a injury to give Dufty a go late in the year, same for Lomax ! I guess so sadly the likes of Field have to hope for injuries to get a chance cause Bad Form doesn't get you dropped at our club !!! Sad isn't it