What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Coffs dragon

Bench
As a big supporter of the club and knowing some of these player I'm devastated.
The fact that the were specifically told not to celebrate is the last straw for me.
There should be a few contacts torn up and fines imposed by the club.
I don't care if we finish last for the next couple of years.
Changes start now and culture rebuilding with it.
Well said George and we are all stunned in their stupidity & arrogance. How can you support a club with players that earn zero respect and lack trust.
Get the broom and mop out….to clear out the shit!

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Shits about to hit the fan again with reports that people outside the bubble may have been their

NSW police May re open the investigation
Let's look at what neighbours have said.
A least a dozen Dragons players there, correct
JDB was there, correct
Players fled through side door correct
There were women with the players.....

getsmarty

Immortal
The fact that the were specifically told not to celebrate is the last straw for me.

Well said @ George Dragon...people need to remember that this type of behaviour doesn't just suddenly appear from nowhere.... Club should take the opportunity to make a clean slate...get rid of the trouble makers and rebuild with a better culture.

What a great way to celebrate our 100 year anniversary.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Just remember, they all could have gone to IKEA or Bunnings that afternoon and mingled with multiple people outside the apparently strict biosecurity rules if say their tap started leaking and they needed to complete an 'essential household task'

Walpole

Juniors
Totally agree. I don't care how good a player is, the club needs to take strong action and genuinely start to rebuild what is clearly a toxic culture. I don't care if Vaughan ends up at the Tigers or JDB becomes a Titan or Corey Norman plays 6 for Port Moresby, this has to be a line in the sand. Pick the kids, run last for a couple of years but start building something the fans can be proud of.

qld redvee

Juniors
George all true fans are devasted by these idiotic players . it must be hard for you knowing them . I wonder how ALL of them had absolutely NO regard for the rules laid out to them . I would have thought that some of the 13 were smarter and had common sense to know right from wrong .. ie teacher Beale .. thats what makes it so unreal . Lets hope the club hits them with a substantial fine each if they manage to survive

Going to be an interesting training session with Hook and co

jeffdragon

Bench
If true nrl open investigation again
More pain to come.
If the players are excluded from the bubble then we might as well forfeit.

Old Timer

Coach
What ever happened to “one for all and all for one”

Vaughan bring strung out and thrown under the bus by his team mates who were less than “brave” in their actions in a time of crisis.

FFS is there not 1 player willing to stand up and say “we were all in this together and we all wilfully and knowingly did the exact opposite of what we all knew was the correct thing to do”

People in this forum talking about how great it is to see “all the boys” singing the team song together well they are certainly aren’t doing that now are they.

Yes it was Vaughan’s house what if they had it gone to De Belin’s would the suspensions be reversed?

For mine it doesn’t matter whose place they are all equally guilty and the gutless behaviour of others than Vaughan is simply unbelievable.

IMO if Vaughan copped extra simply because it was his house then that component should have been what everyone got as a minimum.

No “I’m Spartacus” among this shameful lot.