What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
A big congratulations to Webb for fronting up on radio this morning & being open & honest. Not sure our previous CEO’s would have.Hearing his voice you could tell he was gutted so I’m expecting the club will be strong & rightly so.
I’ll be emailing him to thank him for being front & centre as well as transparent. Glad to have him as our ceo.
Agreed mate. What a tough job he has to front up to this mess.

mickeylane

Bench
Yep Vaughan will be gone as well as the team morale..not saying the decision is not justified but the fact will be that one of their own has been terminated this well just about bring the team to its knees.......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think a lot of people will now understand why certain individuals have been told their contracts won't be renewed and some, as mentioned, were the talk of a player trades.

It's not always about football ability, now we see the other side plain as day. There are certain individuals who consider themselves above the team, coach and club. They are not wanted moving forward, as they do not represent the culture we are trying to build.

I feel for the other 20 or so players who now have to live with the burdon that these individuals have created. Some haven't even seen 1st grade, or played senior finals foorball, yet now they are thrown into this mess as part of the collective St George Illwawarra team.

As for the 13, there is a mix of strong minded/willed individuals that would be ring-leaders, the other just followers. Most RL players barely pass school, so comprehension and lateral thinking is not part of their talent, and no I'm not offering any excuse here, they are adults and should know right from wrong as a basic principle.

It's going to be hard for us supporters to 'keep the faith', but certainly we need to look at the individuals who did use their brains and support them wholeheartedly. They will need us as they try to be what we want them to be, even though getting lapped, encourage and applaud them, as they are our future.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yep Vaughan will be gone as well as the team morale..not saying the decision is not justified but the fact will be that one of their own has been terminated this well just about bring the team to its knees.......
I’ll be happy to see the back of the smug looking arrogant prick. I hope the club impose suspensions for Norman and JDB for being lying idiots

Inisai Toga

Juniors
maybe not, could actually galvanise them somewhat, stranger things have happened..

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm so torn on suspending DeBelin. In fact suspending these types of individuals does little to make an impact I reckon. Just more money we put towards employees to do nothing. We've definitely paid him enough not to play already.

Like any of us, I want good players to play so I guess another $$$ hit is what is needed, what else can you take from them, maybe some priveleges? Far out, it's exactly like parenting some rebellious teenager.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Will Hook forgive these players? I mean there's the usual suspects in the headlines that preceded him but then there is McGuire and Bird who he head hunted.

He is known as a tough no nonsense type coach. He celebrated the win with the players and pumped them up but also reportedly warned them of keeping in line...

We know the relationship between coach and players is crucial. He has been brutally betrayed. Will the coach be able to trust these players? I will forever be doubting them but that's nothing new really.

It's good we have moved on Dufty and Norman but it can't end there. Vaughan will be next but the glaring one is JDB. I don't see the club booting him now simply because he is too good to give to another club. What a pickle.
Red V, I hear you but I have come to the conclusion that we just cannot afford to have De Belin around the club for another day. He is just bad news. I would have thought that if I was him that I would be tucked up in bed by 7pm most days; living the cleanest of clean lives. Imagine explaining to your partner that you:

a. attended a gathering contrary to NSW Health directives;
b. Your Coach the Football Manager warned you all about such events 24 hours previously;
c. That you attended anyway;
d. When NSW Police arrived you initially hid under a bed (seriously?) and then jumped over the back fence to avoid scrutiny;
e. You then lied about it to certain officials, claiming you were walking your dog;
f. And for all of this, and 6 weeks after being acquitted on sexual assault charges......DRUMROLL....

You've copped a $42,000.00 fine.

I want De Belin kicked all the way back to what-ever swamp he has crawled out of. What a mongrel of a bloke. What a way to treat the club who stood by him for 2.5 years when he wasn't playing.

Imagine how the parents of the young players feel (The Fegai's, The Sullivan's, The Amone's, The Ramsay's). Would you want your young sons around Jack De Belin?????

brissiedragon

Juniors
Vaughan obviously hasn't been happy and his plodding performances would indicate this. So the question I ask is, was this a deliberate but misguided attempt by Vaughan to cause trouble or worse, to deliberately get out of his contract. Given the absolute disregard of the covid rules and club directive to the others that attended, another question is, is there a serious divide between the playing group. If so, Hook and BOD have some serious issues to address and the cancer needs to be cut out now.

George Dragon

Juniors
As a big supporter of the club and knowing some of these player I'm devastated.
The fact that the were specifically told not to celebrate is the last straw for me.
There should be a few contacts torn up and fines imposed by the club.
I don't care if we finish last for the next couple of years.
Changes start now and culture rebuilding with it.

thebigredv

First Grade
Red V, I hear you but I have come to the conclusion that we just cannot afford to have De Belin around the club for another day. He is just bad news. I would have thought that if I was him that I would be tucked up in bed by 7pm most days; living the cleanest of clean lives. Imagine explaining to your partner that you:

a. attended a gathering contrary to NSW Health directives;
b. Your Coach the Football Manager warned you all about such events 24 hours previously;
c. That you attended anyway;
d. When NSW Police arrived you initially hid under a bed (seriously?) and then jumped over the back fence to avoid scrutiny;
e. You then lied about it to certain officials, claiming you were walking your dog;
f. And for all of this, and 6 weeks after being acquitted on sexual assault charges......DRUMROLL....

You've copped a $42,000.00 fine.

I want De Belin kicked all the way back to what-ever swamp he has crawled out of. What a mongrel of a bloke. What a way to treat the club who stood by him for 2.5 years when he wasn't playing.

Imagine how the parents of the young players feel (The Fegai's, The Sullivan's, The Amone's, The Ramsay's). Would you want your young sons around Jack De Belin?????
Yeah mate, I think you are spot on. It's just my yearning to win that takes over but for long term we need to terminate our association with the repeat offenders now. Well said.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Shits about to hit the fan again with reports that people outside the bubble may have been their

NSW police May re open the investigation