What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Saint Angelo

Juniors
What a media blow up, these blokes did the wrong thing, and told fibs, but realistically these guys play and train together 4 or 5 days a week. They were together in a private home, not a public place, they were no more a threat of spreading or contracting covid , than they would be at training it’s a complete blow up in my eyes
Furthermore, I'm sure the Warriors co-exist with each other every night of the week in their Resort.

SAP58

Juniors
Don’t tend to watch that crap & especially now the workplace bully is on there.
Those morons will milk this for as much as they can so that they can while they can.
Don’t be surprised if they drag an old school friend up in order to add fuel to the fire.😡
I totally agree, I use to watch regularly but don’t now but did turn it on last night & to see that goose Buz carry on I will never watch again & I would definitely not watch it when the workplace bully is staring. I use to think it was a good show until the news limited crew took over with all their agendas.

getsmarty

Immortal

Episode 77: “It showed how little they cared for the club and the fans”

An explosive Red V Podcast as the boys unravel everything that has spilled out from the infamous party at Paul Vaughan's house.
We take a deep dive into his sacking, what it means for the club, how the self-indulgent acts could de-rail the season and the lack of respect the players have shown the club and the fans.
We also recap the win against the NZ Warriors, chat with Dragons NSW Cup representative and sift through the host of fan's questions that you guys have sent us.

George Sancti

Juniors
It absolutely beggars belief that not one of those players had the forethought to consider what may occur. The NRL is such an optics-obsessed organisation these days and this club has already been punished on more than one occasion for the NRL's crusade du jour.

But then this is the same team that watched seven other games of football at Magic Round and then proceeded to take the field and make multiple high tackles.

Whether one agrees with the punishment or not, the players should cop whatever comes their way- even if only for being too stupid for words.
I have been thinking along similar lines all day GS. I am amazed that there was not one senior player, who has the respect of other players, and who could have envisaged the potential risks, and have discouraged others from attending.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Outside of the punishment Vaughan leaves a huge hole for us the rest of the year. Young blocker is gutsy but too often dominated by defences. Vaughan always a difficult player to tackle and a good meter eater. Mollo is 2022 and I notice he hasn’t been setting the world on fire and has been dropped from the Maroons side.
We really don’t have another big prop to call on I fear. I think we need to go all out for TPJ with an immediate release from the Donkeys if they will have it
McGuire, Kerr and Faamausili can cover up front with Lawrie. Back row of JDB, Sims, Fui.
Burns, Ford, Hunt, Ellis can cover the bench

thebigredv

First Grade
It's the forwards in which we suffer, particularly the front row. I'd go as far as to say if we don't make a decent emergency signing (e.g. Sua) in the forwards we will easily slip out of the 8. It's been enough of an issue this year already.

Finals would have been nice. Ah well.

mickeylane

Bench
It's the forwards in which we suffer, particularly the front row. I'd go as far as to say if we don't make a decent emergency signing (e.g. Sua) in the forwards we will easily slip out of the 8. It's been enough of an issue this year already.

Finals would have been nice. Ah well.
you say we cant win 3 games from 8? i say we can and will

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Sorry, but being embarrassed to be a Dragon's fan just doesnt sit well with me. Been a proud red v fan for nearly 60 years now, and always will be. I still wear my Dragons polos etc at least once every week. Disappointed in the current mob, and many times disappointed throughout those 60 years. If anyone has a dig at me when seeing me wearing my supporter gear, I have a laugh with them. If ever anyone feels embarrassed, imagine how much more embarrassing it would be to say you were a Sharks fan, or Tigers etc. If it hurts you so bad, why not jump on the Storm bandwagon, or Rabbitohs, or Panthers? Most clubs go through pitfalls, or golden eras. I will ride this one out like I have countless other times. But my polos are washed, ironed, and hanging in my wardrobe for me to wear out loud and proud again this weekend.
Dorothy, good on you old mate. Like most of us here, we'll stick it out and ride on with you. But mate, my ass is getting sore riding this one out. I feel like I've been sitting on a fork since Bennett took off. When you look at the catastrophic decisions since 2008 it is bewildering that the same idiots (Doust, Young etc) are still employed:

i. Wayne Bennett wants a 5 year deal but Doust is only prepared to offer the 6 time premiership winning coach a 3 year deal. Great decision.
ii. The BOD appoints Steve Price as Bennett's successor (and extend his contract on Anzac Day no less). Great decision.
iii. The BOD having seen the error of their ways in appointing a rookie/novice coach in Steve Price; sack Price and appoint the vastly experienced, vastly credentialed Paul McGregor. AND/AND/AND they extend his contract not once...but wait for it twice, thereby making McGregor the longest standing coach in Dragons history. That means McGregor coaches for 7 years v Bennett coaching for 3 years. Now that makes for great reading. Great decision(s).

Riding this one out Dorothy means riding out the BOD who are responsible for the litany of appalling decisions that have diminished our Club to that of a laughing stock. And yet they remain ensconced on the BOD.

Here is the dilemma. The Club is private and therefore it is almost impossible to remove the idiots on the BOD; and yet they administer the Club on behalf of the supporters and yet we have no say in their appointment. That is like entering a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back? Not much chance of winning.

Until and unless Gordon, Doust, Young and others are removed and a new constitution and governance regime is implemented we the supporters are going to be sitting on forks for years and years to come.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dorothy, good on you old mate. Like most of us here, we'll stick it out and ride on with you. But mate, my ass is getting sore riding this one out. I feel like I've been sitting on a fork since Bennett took off. When you look at the catastrophic decisions since 2008 it is bewildering that the same idiots (Doust, Young etc) are still employed:

i. Wayne Bennett wants a 5 year deal but Doust is only prepared to offer the 6 time premiership winning coach a 3 year deal. Great decision.
ii. The BOD appoints Steve Price as Bennett's successor (and extend his contract on Anzac Day no less). Great decision.
iii. The BOD having seen the error of their ways in appointing a rookie/novice coach in Steve Price; sack Price and appoint the vastly experienced, vastly credentialed Paul McGregor. AND/AND/AND they extend his contract not once...but wait for it twice, thereby making McGregor the longest standing coach in Dragons history. That means McGregor coaches for 7 years v Bennett coaching for 3 years. Now that makes for great reading. Great decision(s).

Riding this one out Dorothy means riding out the BOD who are responsible for the litany of appalling decisions that have diminished our Club to that of a laughing stock. And yet they remain ensconced on the BOD.

Here is the dilemma. The Club is private and therefore it is almost impossible to remove the idiots on the BOD; and yet they administer the Club on behalf of the supporters and yet we have no say in their appointment. That is like entering a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back? Not much chance of winning.

Until and unless Gordon, Doust, Young and others are removed and a new constitution and governance regime is implemented we the supporters are going to be sitting on forks for years and years to come.
Great post/response Rob Dragon 1.

Latest posts