What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

Louiethefly

Juniors
Stanley has played 5/8 last year for the cutters, his passing game is decent and his short kicking game is solid as well. He doesn't have the tools and ability Soward has in his game, but if he take the line on he will create space for Dugan to do the play making outside of him which hasn't been happening with Soward in the team. I think it would have worked better with Soward at 7 but if he is really as toxic to the team as it seems, maybe its for the best this way.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Still one HUGE issue with the team listing..... still has S Price as coach. Maybe he can go run his dishlickers on the weekend & let us run the team......lol how interesting would that be

mickeylane

Bench
I dont know how Fein survives the chop each week!! hes the real culprit - not Soward!! as for Stanley...i cant believe he is our solution at 5/8 but at least who could end up running the ball...
I still think the major problem is Fein and Rein...both cant pass!!!!

Im predicting we will get flogged!! that leaves Price one more game to save his career...Im telling you all right now Sheens is in the wings waiting!!

Twenty10

Juniors
We will get belted. That's a really ordinary looking team that's down on confidence and form.

Nathan green at centre with Matt prior. That will do me

TheRev

Coach
Just to be clear.. Soward forced this change on Price.. im reealy surprised at the choice of Stanley because until Johns blurted it out, it was the first we had ever thought of it.. and DW had done enough to earn his spot.

But anyway still excited and agree with some other posters that nothing is certain until the weekend! Lets see what happens at training, id love to see if DW trains with 1st grade too?

Gazzaw

Juniors
Just to be clear.. Soward forced this change on Price.. im reealy surprised at the choice of Stanley because until Johns blurted it out, it was the first we had ever thought of it.. and DW had done enough to earn his spot.

But anyway still excited and agree with some other posters that nothing is certain until the weekend! Lets see what happens at training, id love to see if DW trains with 1st grade too?

Rev is DW = JD
Then I am off to the bar

Country Dragon

Juniors
Yep, we will wait.
Having said that, our 6 and 7 on paper anyway offer nothing.
All Im saying is if you are going to make changes, make them, dont put a
bulky centre at 6.
Anyway, here's hoping im wrong.

I've always been a fan of the bigger type 5/8's, I hope this one works!

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
I'm glad Soward is gone. And I hope he doesn't come back. We need to be using this time to do everything we can to make ourselves a contender in 2014. Soward isn't relevant for that.

TruSaint

Referee
Maybe u r right Country, but the other biggest 5/8"s offer a different skill set. IE, passing game, vision, kicking , etc. Chase has yet to show this in my eyes.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Maybe u r right Country, but the other biggest 5/8"s offer a different skill set. IE, passing game, vision, kicking , etc. Chase has yet to show this in my eyes.

Did you watch him develop or are you just saying this from what you've seen this year?

jenninga

First Grade
Still one HUGE issue with the team listing..... still has S Price as coach. Maybe he can go run his dishlickers on the weekend & let us run the team......lol how interesting would that be
As you have said countless times before,do support the team or just like insulting our coach.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Stanley has been useless this year...and his reward....to be moved to 5/8

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

hardbaby

Coach
Doesn't make it any easier for him playing outside Fien and having two average attacking centres outside him. A devil of a job. Anyway I'm not sold on the decision but I am glad there has finally been a change and I will cheer myself hoarse for him.

mickeylane

Bench
Cutters back line save for Duges, Morris and Nighty is more potent than the 1st grade version!!

1, Adam Quinlan
2. Gus Aiga
3. Charly Runciman
4. Junior Vaivai
5. Kose Lelei
6. Jamie Soward
7. Josh Drinkwater

Gazzaw

Juniors
Jenninga
I have one red eye & one white eye, I am 49yo & followed Red & Whites since my old man played Grade with them. He has now passed on. This coach is absolutely rubbish & not upto first grade standard. Suggest you don't Q my passion for the Red & Whites

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wouldn't surprise if we see Dugan more up the line as defacto five eighth.

I don't think Chase has much of a general kicking game in his repertoire. Short range OK but longer kicks, I don't know. He can have a go, no doubt. But it's not his thing and I suspect we'll see him running at the line more. Will be interesting to see how his adjusts in defence as well.

King, Dugan and Fien are our best bets in the kicking department now, which means we'll be lacking metres downfield off the boot. That's where we'll miss Soward.

The pack and the bench will have more work to do. But quite frankly that's what they're there for.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Wouldn't surprise if we see Dugan more up the line as defacto five eighth.

I don't think Chase has much of a general kicking game in his repertoire. Short range OK but longer kicks, I don't know. He can have a go, no doubt. But it's not his thing and I suspect we'll see him running at the line more. Will be interesting to see how his adjusts in defence as well.

King, Dugan and Fien are our best bets in the kicking department now, which means we'll be lacking metres downfield off the boot. That's where we'll miss Soward.

The pack and the bench will have more work to do. But quite frankly that's what they're there for.

Fien took the first 2 kicks for field position against the Bulldogs anyway, I've noticed Soward hasn't been putting his hand up as much as he used to even Rein had a punt from dummy half

Latest posts