What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

Cagey Mac

Bench
We all need to be calm
I've just heard that Price took advice from an old mentor regarding team selection and that everything will be fine

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I feel sick looking at that side! Stanley at 5/8 that will do me! Not to mention Prior in the centers again... At least this will just make Price look even sh#ter than he already looks! We are going to get hammered!

jenninga

First Grade
Jenninga
I have one red eye & one white eye, I am 49yo & followed Red & Whites since my old man played Grade with them. He has now passed on. This coach is absolutely rubbish & not upto first grade standard. Suggest you don't Q my passion for the Red & Whites

Glad you told me your age as ithought i was quoting a juvenile.

Gazzaw

Juniors
I feel sick looking at that side! Stanley at 5/8 that will do me! Not to mention Prior in the centers again... At least this will just make Price look even sh#ter than he already looks! We are going to get hammered!

Careful Jeninga loves Pricey & thinks you are insulting him

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Good on you Slippery,exactly right.
Dropping Soward may be the warning the players need to wake up to themselves.

So then we should be able to drop Price to! He needs the biggest wake up of all being he realises hes not an NRL capable coach!

Mr Red

First Grade
it is only Tuesday so who knows what the team on the weekend will look like..
but i find it very interesting that after 2 disgraceful performances by the team "coach" Price makes the following changes:

1. drop our goal kicker and our best (by far) general play kicker
2. move a VERY average centre into a key position in the spine..
3. continue to leave a back rower in the centres despite the team having the world of trouble scoring points..

interesting move chineless one... very interesting...

jenninga

First Grade
Wouldn't surprise if we see Dugan more up the line as defacto five eighth.

I don't think Chase has much of a general kicking game in his repertoire. Short range OK but longer kicks, I don't know. He can have a go, no doubt. But it's not his thing and I suspect we'll see him running at the line more. Will be interesting to see how his adjusts in defence as well.

King, Dugan and Fien are our best bets in the kicking department now, which means we'll be lacking metres downfield off the boot. That's where we'll miss Soward.

The pack and the bench will have more work to do. But quite frankly that's what they're there for.
Good point and it has been the lack of running at the line which we have missed.Also i am sure Dugan has a hell of a kick.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fien took the first 2 kicks for field position against the Bulldogs anyway, I've noticed Soward hasn't been putting his hand up as much as he used to even Rein had a punt from dummy half
Rein put in one kick last Friday.

Fien and Soward put in about the same number of kicks. Soward gained about an extra 100 metres over all.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiersh...bid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=3374&tab=Stats

It is the quality of the kicks that count. Soward found the turf more often. One of his kicks downfield was a gem. The chase was excellent and we forced a line drop out.

One of the biggest issues we have is controlling posession. We struggle to get a repeat sets and build pressure. Kicking is crucial to this. The lack of grubbers into the in-goal has been a concern of mine before today.

There is a general lack of creativity in the overall kicking game, but Soward has been the best of a bad lot.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
it is only Tuesday so who knows what the team on the weekend will look like..
but i find it very interesting that after 2 disgraceful performances by the team "coach" Price makes the following changes:

1. drop our goal kicker and our best (by far) general play kicker
2. move a VERY average centre into a key position in the spine..
3. continue to leave a back rower in the centres despite the team having the world of trouble scoring points..

interesting move chineless one... very interesting...

This!

Mr Red

First Grade
It is the quality of the kicks that count. Soward found the turf more often. One of his kicks downfield was a gem. The chase was excellent and we forced a line drop out.

One of the biggest issues we have is controlling posession. We struggle to get a repeat sets and build pressure. Kicking is crucial to this. The lack of grubbers into the in-goal has been a concern of mine for some time.

There is a general lack of creativity in the overall kicking game, but Soward has been the best of a bad lot.

well said. agree 100%

Gazzaw

Juniors
The one thing I hope it does do, is straighten the back line attack up & get away from the sliding we have gotten in the habit of & makes easy pickings with no angles. I really hope Dugan runs off Stanley's shoulder all day & creates space for the outside "backs". How is Nightingale & Morris going to get the ball with no 30metre cut out passes inside them

Elias1983

Coach

Fien and Soward put in about the same number of kicks. Soward gained about an extra 100 metres over all.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiersh...bid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=3374&tab=Stats

One of the biggest issues we have is controlling posession. We struggle to get a repeat sets and build pressure. Kicking is crucial to this. The lack of grubbers into the in-goal has been a concern of mine before today.

Same here, when we do get in attacking position we seem to try and score straight away instead of being patient and building pressure...they usually resort to soward trying to kick cross field for one of the wingers...

Then again, there was one game where we were patient and that was against brisbane at the gong and look how well we went there....

Louiethefly

Juniors

Soward has shown that he has one of the best kicking games in the competition, He should be kicking more especially early in the grind when meters are harder to make. Even sharing the kicking 50/50 with Fien is a mistake and lazy from Soward in my opinion, He has a far superior kicking game and should be getting in position and screaming for the ball every set unless he is playing the ball.

jenninga

First Grade
The one thing I hope it does do, is straighten the back line attack up & get away from the sliding we have gotten in the habit of & makes easy pickings with no angles. I really hope Dugan runs off Stanley's shoulder all day & creates space for the outside "backs". How is Nightingale & Morris going to get the ball with no 30metre cut out passes inside them
This is why it could make a difference,more direct running by Stanley,and Dugan needs to get involved the way Inglis does ,Dugan will throw those passes.

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
WTF ?????? OMG this is so pathetic WHY DROP SOWARD !! He scored 10 points last week ! And set up aswell as scored a try... FIEN IS THE PROBLEM PRICE NOT SOWARD THIS IS SO PATEHTIC I HOPE WE LOOSE ! I knew it from the start price is a jerk he knows nothing

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Fein survives the chop because a) he has made more try assists than anyone else in the team b) takes on the line c) Can defend better (opposition teams seem to target Soward more than Fein) and d) does not mind getting tackled. He would rather take the tackle then give the hospital pass for Creagh to get hammered. Seen that a few times this season.

Fein's kicking game has not been that bad this season. It's not as if Soward's game has been a standout.

ghostface

Juniors
It's about time Price showed some balls and shuffled the line up. I love Soward but he no longer adds anything beyond his kicking game. His failure to take on the line is frustrating.

You can't have it both ways by bagging Price for not dropping underperformers than bag him when he does drop underperformers.

Latest posts