What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

The Nick

Bench
That lineup looks DISGUSTING. It boasts the worst halves combination and worst centre pairing in the NRL. Oh and a winger on the bench as the cherry on top!!!

I have been patient and resisted bagging Steve Price, but this lineup on top of our recent performances has done me.

Even with our new recruits, if Steve Price remains coach next year I WILL NOT be renewing my Red V membership (for the first time in 8 years).

TheRev

Coach
I agree that Soward was the one to keep alongside a young halback, but Soward took the option out of Price's hands, its not just being dropped on form, hes clashing with Price.

Therefore I can understand not wanting to change both halves at once, I just cant understand not using Drinkwater at #6 who is used to putting in 5th tackle kicks week-in week-out and goalkicking... Chase isnt going to be able to pick up that slack, leaving it to Fien and part-timers like Duges and co.

I mean it can work, iit just feels like he has ended up making about 8 changes instead of 1.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Fein survives the chop because a) he has made more try assists than anyone else in the team b) takes on the line c) Can defend better (opposition teams seem to target Soward more than Fein) and d) does not mind getting tackled. He would rather take the tackle then give the hospital pass for Creagh to get hammered. Seen that a few times this season.

Fein's kicking game has not been that bad this season. It's not as if Soward's game has been a standout.

Fien gives 100% every game, he might not be the best halfback running around but he certainly leaves everything he's got on the field. unfortunately the same can't be said for Soward.

Hutty1986

Immortal
LOL I thought you guys were taking the p*ss earlier today when you were talking about Chase nuffy Stanley playing at 6. What a terrible side, seriously. Knights 13+. You're a f*cking idiot Price.

emack

Juniors
"HALF PRICE" is the major concern!!!!!!

Soward has a rock star mentality without the consistant ability to support that kind of attitude.

The rest of this year should be about blooding new players?? Why is "HALF PRICE" continuing with the same side.............and then Chase Stanley @ 5/8?? We'll start losing our up and comers if we don't give them a chance!!!!!

DOUST........simple question.......why the hell did you extend "HALF PRICE"?? You can only judge a coach on results, so there's your ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W.Smith

Juniors
Chase at 6 ?

wow, what the heck is Chinless looking for here ? - Chase has ordinary hands at the best of times so how will he go when he gets dished up with some ordinary passes from dummy half or first recieve by Rein/Fein etc, is Chase gonna play first recieve ??

is Pricey looking for a direct runner at pivot to set up his attack runners ? - it wont be Chase doing that

Rein has been pretty ordinary since he signed his contract over the past couple weeks too and i thought he was gonna be on the early shift for sure this week, use King as an 80 minute man

whats Attilea Vea gotta do to get a start, from the half dozen or so Cutters games ive seen Vea has been going ok on th right especially when he gets in the opp 20 and just charges

Sowy didnt deserve to get dumped as he aint going as bad as some and still offers more than others imo

hewi

Bench
If someone has to play out of position surely drink water should have been the half and Fien the five eight. Why play more players out of position than you have to.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To be fair, there was a similar scratching of the scone when Timmins was selected at five eighth.

OziDragon

Juniors
Drinkwater or Quinlan should have at least been picked on the bench. Play Cam King at 5/8 for first 20 min then move him to hooker to let one of them get nrl experience. Dont understand how a centre is picked at 5/8...

Country Dragon

Juniors
Drinkwater or Quinlan should have at least been picked on the bench. Play Cam King at 5/8 for first 20 min then move him to hooker to let one of them get nrl experience. Dont understand how a centre is picked at 5/8...

There's never been a centre switch to 5/8 before has there!

TruSaint

Referee
Did you watch him develop or are you just saying this from what you've seen this year?

Louie i watched all his matches with us in his first year. Im no expert, but what i saw was a talented, line breaking back, with a heap of strenght. I am a fan, but looking at the past few years, he has benn ridelled with injury, down on confidence, and YES i dont see 5/8 in him.
As i have said many times, i hope I am wrong.

kit66

Bench
Yay, wish granted, little Sowie get's the boot. Fantastic, now let's get on with the season.
Agree Quinlan so desparately needs to be on the field in 1st grade - him, Doogs, Stanley and the much improved Harrison ( he backs up better than anyone in our team) could really get us some points given the chance.
I'm prepared to give Stanley the benefit of the doubt for now, he'll at least take on the line and he has more skill than some people think. He won't become an over night sensation but he'll do alright at 5/8. I'm not a fan of Green, he's not top grade material, we'd be better served with someone else getting a shot there, Vidot, Runciman, Vai Vai or Nightie to centre and Quinlan on the wing.
Looking forward to the game.

hewi

Bench
Channel ten rumour is that they are looking to bring Craig Gower back fron union. I hope not.

saint.nick

Coach
Channel ten rumour is that they are looking to bring Craig Gower back fron union. I hope not.

Craig Gower is 35. He would be a fringe back-up/mentor at best. If he is our halves replacement I have grace concerns for the club's ambitions.

dragondonar1

Juniors
I think fair call about sowie being dropped. His playing half hearted. At least chase will run straight. I think dugan will do the long kicks. I have a problem with prior in the centers. Any junior player should fill in. Soward will also be back next week.
This is a positive. Atleast chinless is trying something different. Fein is trying his guts out soward isn't.

Big man

Juniors
It took 8 years for your mate Sutton to be able to play at 6,so we will see how Chase goes.Dugan can kick and i am sure Chase can kick also.

As good as Sutton is playing, I don't think he is a natural 5/8. From next week, Keary will be blooded at 5/8, with Sutton moving to lock, that will give us a three pronged attack, not bad ay.

Latest posts