What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Yes they certainly got rid of that pesky 2.00 pm time slot on Saturday didn't they and moved to a night time Grand Final :roll:

Further those talking about going to the SFS, did I say going to the SFS? Nope, I said to people going to those games. I never mentioned venues at all. Public transport has one commonality and that is the scarcity of it on Sunday evenings. I've been to enough NRL games at different venues across Australia to have some idea of what I am talking about.

You are looking at it solely through getting the game on TV and not at getting people to turn up to games. I have no problems with it being televised.

My problem is with the kick-off being moved to 4.15 pm to do so due to the effect it will have on those who may want to go to the game. That is why I don't like it and that is my right. If you can't get that thru your head then that is your problem and not mine.

SFS was just a throwaway venue I used and had ZERO relevance to the argument.

I'd suggest that if a local area was to have a later game finishing at or around 6pm the council may....wait for it....put more transport on a bit later??

GongPanther

Referee
Lets have a delayed coverage on Sundays
What.. thats outrageous:evil:

Lets have live coverage on Sundays then.. at 4.15
What .. thats outrageous:evil:

:sarcasm:

Seriously
The idiots on these forums :lol:

What they don't realise is 4:15 p.m. is a great start for that time of the day.

A lot cooler for the players with the shadows of the stadium about 1/2 way across the field in the 1st half.

And when they need it,the sun will have just about dissipated.

Can't say the same for the teams and their fans for the 2:00 p.m. game.

Just have to pray for a cloudy and wet day.

Band On The Run

Juniors
I'm just hoping the Storm play the Broncos at AAMI Park on the Monday Night after the cricket world cup final.

Would be so perfect for me on so many levels as a sports fan travelling down to Melbourne for the CWC Final that weekend

Fly down Friday
FN: Victory v Mariners
SN: City v Roar
Sun: Cricket World Cup final
MN: Storm v Broncos
Fly out Tuesday

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Anyone got news or hints of a release date yet? Want to get my membership sorted before christmas but which i am taking depends on what our home draw looks like

Frailty

First Grade
I'm just hoping the Storm play the Broncos at AAMI Park on the Monday Night after the cricket world cup final.

Would be so perfect for me on so many levels as a sports fan travelling down to Melbourne for the CWC Final that weekend

Fly down Friday
FN: Victory v Mariners
SN: City v Roar
Sun: Cricket World Cup final
MN: Storm v Broncos
Fly out Tuesday

Sorry mate, you can book Storm v Broncos for Friday night...

No chance that is the Monday game.

What they don't realise is 4:15 p.m. is a great start for that time of the day.

A lot cooler for the players with the shadows of the stadium about 1/2 way across the field in the 1st half.

And when they need it,the sun will have just about dissipated.

Can't say the same for the teams and their fans for the 2:00 p.m. game.

Just have to pray for a cloudy and wet day.

Yes, it really does get hot in the middle of winter eh :sarcasm:

papabear

Juniors
Sounds like the man who was casually walking through the neighbourhood, before tripping over into the bushes of someones backyard and pulling the camera out to take picture of the flowers.

Casually reading a thread lol, as opposed to seriously reading it??

Band On The Run

Juniors
Sorry mate, you can book Storm v Broncos for Friday night...

No chance that is the Monday game.
That weekend AAMI Park is booked Fri and Sat night, CWC final on the Sunday.

NRL would be stupid not to schedule a Storm game on the monday night. Hope it's against the Broncos for selfish reasons but know it's unlikely to happen - one can hope!

NRL would be stupid not to schedule a Storm game on the monday night. Hope it's against the Broncos for selfish reasons but know it's unlikely to happen - one can hope!

Storm v Broncos in Melbourne is always a Friday night game...

I don't think they can. Part of the contract for the Cricket World Cup is that all venues, and any in the surrounding precincts, cannot be used within 24 hours of a Cricket World Cup match. That is why the A-League had some issues regarding scheduling Sydney FC home games.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Rothfield in the tele says mid DECEMBER.

I shouldnt be surprised it came from him.

Heard on radio today theyre trying to get it ready around the 4th of December which is about the same time the draw was released last year.

Though I wish it was released earlier.

Kirky

Juniors
This is unbelievable. It's almost December and the draw still isn't out. I like to do a trip to QLD every year to catch up with family and watch a Raiders game, and can't start sorting that out 'till I know which weekends the Raiders are playing up there. Do they not want away fans to go to games?

LineBall

Juniors
This is unbelievable. It's almost December and the draw still isn't out. I like to do a trip to QLD every year to catch up with family and watch a Raiders game, and can't start sorting that out 'till I know which weekends the Raiders are playing up there. Do they not want away fans to go to games?

If it comes out mid December like last year - you at least get 2.5 months to organise your trip. Are you planning on walking up here?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It came out on Dec 4 last year. I wouldn't call that mid- December.

Either way, they got fans interested by releasing the draw in mid-November the year before, October before that - and even September prior to that.

The interest now wanes and selling memberships is hampered by it. Yes there's already an upturn but imagine how good it would be if clubs had a fixture to promote?

insert.pause

First Grade
It came out on Dec 4 last year. I wouldn't call that mid- December.

Either way, they got fans interested by releasing the draw in mid-November the year before, October before that - and even September prior to that.

The interest now wanes and selling memberships is hampered by it. Yes there's already an upturn but imagine how good it would be if clubs had a fixture to promote?

and before 2 seasons ago it wasn't a fixed draw and most of the games didn't have a date, it's why it's ridiculous reading comments by people claiming they have bought memberships the last 5 years but they won't now because they don't have a draw out yet.

Delay's are what happen when you have two broadcasters negotiating with each other over what picks they get. In a perfect world, the NRL do the draw and the networks broadcast them on whatever dates they happen to land. However, the NRL are also aware of the drawn out process and should be more proactive and start it earlier, like a lot of these sort of things, the NRL aren't organised enough.

LineBall

Juniors
and before 2 seasons ago it wasn't a fixed draw and most of the games didn't have a date, it's why it's ridiculous reading comments by people claiming they have bought memberships the last 5 years but they won't now because they don't have a draw out yet.

Delay's are what happen when you have two broadcasters negotiating with each other over what picks they get. In a perfect world, the NRL do the draw and the networks broadcast them on whatever dates they happen to land. However, the NRL are also aware of the drawn out process and should be more proactive and start it earlier, like a lot of these sort of things, the NRL aren't organised enough.

I'd imagine once the next TV rights are done and the NRL will be able to sort out the draw a lot quicker, then the TV stations can fight over what games they want to televise.

Latest posts