What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Diesel

Referee
4:15 is bullshit on a Sunday arvo. The NRL can't be serious that they want to grow the crowd numbers while they have 4:15 KO's. IMO the NRL have bent over at Nine's demand for live footy on Sunday, not at 3pm live coverage when it should be but 4:15pm when it suits 9. f**king merkins that they are.

some11

Referee
Understandable that they want a big lead-in to the news, having some time filler at 5:30 has people switching.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Let's just go back to a 3pm, delayed TV game then:crazy:

f**k me, some of you guys would boo Santa Claus. We've all been asking for a live Sunday Arvo game for years, and when we get it you start complaining that its 15 minutes too late.

EXACTLY!

Bugger me they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If finishing a game 1 hour later on a Sunday effects a crowd that significantly then I'll be a monkey's.

Whinging for the sake of whinging.

If anything I reckon its a better time! Can get most of the day to do whatever else needs doing then cap it off with a game of footy. Nice.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Lets have a delayed coverage on Sundays
What.. thats outrageous:evil:

Lets have live coverage on Sundays then.. at 4.15
What .. thats outrageous:evil:

:sarcasm:

Seriously
The idiots on these forums :lol:

Card Shark

Immortal
4.15 kick off is f**king stupid. Should be 4pm at the very latest.

I agree but it would be for the fox 2pm game telecast to complete & 15 min pretalk for the Ch 9 game.

People want live footy so it will just about be a night game in the middle of winter.

pHyR3

Juniors
4:15 is bullshit on a Sunday arvo. The NRL can't be serious that they want to grow the crowd numbers while they have 4:15 KO's. IMO the NRL have bent over at Nine's demand for live footy on Sunday, not at 3pm live coverage when it should be but 4:15pm when it suits 9. f**king merkins that they are.

lol 'IMO'??? thats not an opinion thats just common knowledge. everyone with a bit of interest in the area knows that the NRL sold its soul (and rightfully so) in the last media deal to
A) Get the $1 billion+ deal

and

B) rid itself of the first and last clause nein had.

no clue why the NRL is aiming for 20k avgs by 2017 though, 2018 would be doable once they can rejig the schedule and have 4 day games a week, rather than the 2 or so atm. But, if we were to hit 20k by then, that would be absolutely amazing for the game

jargan83

Coach
Wish the NRL would pull their finger out and release the entire draw.

Absolutely stupid to only release one round then the rest of the draw 3 weeks later.

txta2

First Grade
On FTA You know it will be Broncos v whoever every Thursday/Friday Night. Add in there for 2nd game of Dogs/Souths/Manly/Parra. Or add them to Sunday game
Repeat for next 10 weeks.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Broncos v Souths Suncorp Thurs 5th Mar, what a cracker that will be.

All for the ratings obviously and all the hype.......

I'm happy with 4:15 on Sunday. It's a good time to watch a game at on ch 9 or head out if Souths are playing.

Round 1 IMO, bearing in mind 3 games confirmed

Thu: BRI v SOU @ Suncorp 8:05pm (7:05pm QLD)

Fri: PAR v MAN @ Pirtek 7:55pm

Sat: CRO v CAN @ Remondis 3pm
Sat: SYD v MEL @ Allianz 5:30pm
Sat: NQL v WAR @ 1300Smiles 7:30pm (6:30pm QLD)

Sun: SGI v GLD @ WIN 2pm
Sun: CBY v PEN @ ANZ 4:15pm

Mon: NEW v WST @ Hunter 7pm

That'll draw like a turd. Terrible

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think they'll have a lot more evening & night games in the first few rounds

it could get to 40c in daylight hours in the first week in March
so rnd 1 might look like this
( kick off times are local times )
Thurs
Broncos V South Sydney Suncorp 7.00pm
Friday
Parramatta V Manly Pirtek 8.00pm
Sat
Raiders V Dragons Canb Stad 5.30pm
Sat
Roosters V Tigers Allianz 7.30pm
Sat
Titans V Nth Qld Robina 8.30pm
Sun
NZ Warriors V Storm Mt Smart 4.00pm
Sun
Bulldogs V Penrith ANZ 4.15pm
Mon
Newcastle V Sharks Hunter Stadium 7.00pm

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The 2pm sunday game finishes at 3.50pm at the latest, so nines 4.15pm start isnt to do with a cross over problem...

Its about the game clock being at 79.59 @ 17.58.59

It is basically saying RL fans are idiots and if we gave them 10 minutes of post game analysis they would all not have the concentration span to sit through it, and would be searching for their bong / stubby / winnie blues / etc... its a joke

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The 2pm sunday game finishes at 3.50pm at the latest, so nines 4.15pm start isnt to do with a cross over problem...

Its about the game clock being at 79.59 @ 17.58.59

It is basically saying RL fans are idiots and if we gave them 10 minutes of post game analysis they would all not have the concentration span to sit through it, and would be searching for their bong / stubby / winnie blues / etc... its a joke

I can't think of many sports at all where people hang around after the game finishes?

I hardly think its a go at the intelligence of league fans but more a fact of life that people turn off at the end of most sports.

Getting a bit precious I think.

POPEYE

Coach
Don't think 4pm ko matters to most people like me who never go to games, it's always been a 4.35 headstart, 35m to turn 5m ad breaks into 10 seconds . . . the sometimes Fox replay will suffer however

Rabbits20

Immortal
Another draw coming that is Brisbane on ch 9, 10 weeks plus in a row I reckon.

The Bennett factor will probably get them a couple of 4:15 sun arvo games too at Suncorp.

chigurh

Another draw coming that is Brisbane on ch 9, 10 weeks plus in a row I reckon.

The Bennett factor will probably get them a couple of 4:15 sun arvo games too at Suncorp.

As a season member it would be nice but I'll believe it when I see it.

The club and its fans have been repeating for years that they do not want Friday night matches, but it always seems to be ignored and I doubt 2015 will be much different.

Latest posts