What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Snappy

Coach
reported in todays papers.

Round 1
Rabbits v Broncos Thursday night 5th March at Suncorp
Manly v Parra Friday night
Dogs v Panthers Sunday arvo

other games to be finalised next week, and released first week of December.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
with the Broncos & Souths to open season at Suncorp on the Thursday apparently :eek:
wanna cash in on Bennies return & play the defending premiers
they're tipping a near sellout
but I dunno so much ...:sarcasm:
we were all wrong & they haven't been predictable that's for sure
when was the last time Souths didn't play the Roosters in round 1 ?:?

I like the Friday night match up
wotever Parra can hold they'll get

rooster25

Juniors
Dont know why the NRL would mess around with the last 10 years or so tradition of Easts vs Souths round 1. It made all of Sydney aware the comp was starting again and had huge interest, especially now with both clubs in the top teams and the rivarly more fierce than ever. Easts will be filthy as its always a big crowd and this year was their turn to host.

The 3 games named though do seem great match ups and will draw good crowds.Brisbane with Bennett back could play the Raiders and sell it out.Hopefully the whole draw comes out soon and theres not a stuff up like last year when it was delayed. I Pray that the Roosters get at least one Sun arvo game this year!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Wow the Sunday game is now going to be 4.15pm kick off

It will be dead set dark at kick off

EF me channel 9. I would actually like to see maybe 5-6 minutes of post game wrap up. Not 5-6 seconds

Galeforce

Bench
sick of playing Roosters first and last round tbh.

thursday night game at Brisbane is smart move , should get a full house. Would be a full house whoever Brisbane was playing for their first game with Bennett back.
Thursday night at ANZ would be embarrassment by comparison , especially for a Souths vs Roosters game .

insert.pause

First Grade
Manly v Parra Friday night is a odd choice, do they actually think most people care that Watmough left Manly? I doubt Manly fans care, parra basically did them a huge favour.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Manly v Parra Friday night is a odd choice, do they actually think most people care that Watmough left Manly? I doubt Manly fans care, parra basically did them a huge favour.

I think the point is it will be a packed house and I would think a big viewing audience in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 1 IMO, bearing in mind 3 games confirmed

Thu: BRI v SOU @ Suncorp 8:05pm (7:05pm QLD)

Fri: PAR v MAN @ Pirtek 7:55pm

Sat: CRO v CAN @ Remondis 3pm
Sat: SYD v MEL @ Allianz 5:30pm
Sat: NQL v WAR @ 1300Smiles 7:30pm (6:30pm QLD)

Sun: SGI v GLD @ WIN 2pm
Sun: CBY v PEN @ ANZ 4:15pm

Mon: NEW v WST @ Hunter 7pm

rabbitohs95

Bench
sick of playing Roosters first and last round tbh.

thursday night game at Brisbane is smart move , should get a full house. Would be a full house whoever Brisbane was playing for their first game with Bennett back.
Thursday night at ANZ would be embarrassment by comparison , especially for a Souths vs Roosters game .

We've only been playing them in the last round since last year.

It'd be interesting to see but when we play the Roosters the crowds are going to suffer which won't make it the big spectacle it usually is.

Don't know why the Broncos get special treatment of playing the defending premiers...

insert.pause

First Grade
I think the point is it will be a packed house and I would think a big viewing audience in Sydney.

I understand that but it's as if they are trying to use Watmough as the games selling point, I just don't think it got that much traction with many people.

insert.pause

First Grade
7pm kick off on a Thursday is fairly rough. Might as well be a Monday game.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to get the crowd they expect it will, talking near sellout for a Thursday night is ridiculous, what's more likely is less than what it would have got on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Having said that, events, like the Bennett homecoming, is the way to sell Thursday night games so it will be interesting to see how they market it, they need to convince people it's a special event.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I understand that but it's as if they are trying to use Watmough as the games selling point, I just don't think it got that much traction with many people.

I don't know if they are really.

Eels fans (I think) are reasonably optimistic about the season given their rise up the ladder last season and Eels v Manly is always one of the big rivalries.

Sure, it would be a factor in the decision, but I'm not sure that much.

4.15 kick off is f**king stupid. Should be 4pm at the very latest.

Let's just go back to a 3pm, delayed TV game then:crazy:

f**k me, some of you guys would boo Santa Claus. We've all been asking for a live Sunday Arvo game for years, and when we get it you start complaining that its 15 minutes too late.