What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs use and criminal influence in Australian sport

Quigs

Immortal
For thiose that aren't aware of the differences.
ICAC INDEPENDANT commission against corruption. These are the guys pursuing NSW Labor currently. Key word in title.
ACC Australian Crime Commission. They dropped a few names from the title. They are not independant & answer to the current government. The Head is an appointee of Kevin Rudd. He answers to Clare the federal minister for Justice that is considered the next LAbor leader in waiting by some & holds the extremely safe Labor seat of Blaxland(Paul Keatings). & ofcourse, he answers to Gillard.

Arhhhhh the Conspiracy. FACT CHECKER HERE....

Farkkkk you are the most brilliant of all assumers in here. You forgot to mention Lawler from the ACC.

Now Mr know it all Farkwitt who speaks for all ... Lawler - name ring a bell. He is brother of the Michael Lawler, chief investigator on the FWA case into the HSU, appointed by Abbotts mob. Infact he is a personal friend of Abbott. A very good friend.

This John Lawler is the bloke you believe answers to the beck and call of the PM is that correct.

The same Lawler who is brother of the ACC bloke Michael Lawler. His current financee is one Kathy Jackson the whistle blower of the HSU, but is soon to be in a lot of deep shit. (but lets not digress)

So why would one blokes brother (John) create an alleged smokescreen against his brothers (Michaels) FWA enquiry.

BUT YOU KNEW ALL THAT DIDN'T YOU.... Cause you know everything and speak for us all..... C0ckhead.

YEPPERS YOU DID KNOW ALL THIS DIDN'T YOU....
Michael Lawler was appointed to one of the highest-ranking FWA offices by then minister Tony Abbott announced 11th October 2002 when Abbott was Employment and Workplace Relations minister. He would have come very highly recommended at the time in the circles in which Abbott and NSW Liberal Right

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
LETS TELL THE PUNTERS SOME MORE FACTS HERE REEFY SON. FACTS CAN REALLY f**k UP A GOOD CONSPIRACY .... HEY?

Here is some more FACT CHECKING ON YOUR John the Puppet Lawler and his links to the Prime Minister ... dickhead.

John is the CEO of the Australian Crime Commission, with a list of accolades as long as his arm. John is a man who is greatly respected, and would more than likely shudder at his potential sister-in-law’s predicament. (kathy jackson)

John and Michael’s father is Sir Peter Lawler — and Sir Peter, as his title suggests, is a man with an impeccable record and an esteemed work history.

Sir Peter is Liberal Party royalty, to put it mildly; not only that, he is a highly respected member within the Catholic Church and was knighted by the Queen in 1981.

Sir Peter worked for Prime Minister Robert Menzies, serving as Deputy Secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and Secretary of the Department of the Special Minister of State.

After finishing his career as a domestic public servant, Peter was appointed as the Australian Ambassador to Ireland and Australia’s first ever Ambassador to the Holy See during 1983-1986. The Holy See, of course, is the official government of the Catholic Church in Rome.

Sir Peter is also a Patron of The Australian Family Association, which is a Catholic lobby group with allegedly strong ties to Opus Dei and the far right “Uglies’” faction of the Liberal Party.

Reliable sources tell us Sir Peter is also a close personal friend of Tony Abbott’s father.

Quigs

Immortal
Quigs straight to google. We already know of the page you found this morning Quigs. We found it last night.
Dumbo. IA.

There you go again. You just can't help yourself can you. I am sure someone will know the medical definition for it .

Why do you persist with your self appointed representation of everyone. "We".

Who is the "we" you speak of.

See Comrade Reefy one should always keep ones finger on the pulse if they want to have an opinion. And I can assure you that I have not been to IA. But I hope you had a bit of a read while you where there.

Want to fact check how long back I have been harping on about the Abbott appointed FWA Lawler and his fiancee Jackson. I encourage you to do so. Be my guest.

P.S. Sorry folks I am trying to keep this in the Qantas thread but someone keeps ranting shit that deserves pulling up.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
There you go again. You just can't help yourself can you. I am sure someone will know the medical definition for it .

Why do you persist with your self appointed representation of everyone. "We".

Who is the "we" you speak of.

See Comrade Reefy one should always keep ones finger on the pulse if they want to have an opinion. And I can assure you that I have not been to IA. But I hope you had a bit of a read while you where there.

Want to fact check how long back I have been harping on about the Abbott appointed FWA Lawler and his fiancee Jackson. I encourage you to do so. Be my guest.

P.S. Sorry folks I am trying to keep this in the Qantas thread but someone keeps ranting shit that deserves pulling up.

LOL Poor Quigs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
On the topic of the thread, which is whether this is all a labor smother up or an actiual case, lets pretend really hard for a second that there is some evidence here.
Maybe Quigs cna answer first here, you being the moral & ethical monument of this land, if one of our players is being targeted by this labor lead ACC & it turns out he has cheated, what does the NRL do with our player.
1. ban him for life
2. Suspend him for the standard 1- 2 years under ASADA guidlines
3. nothing. It wasnt his fault.

Quigs

Immortal
LOL Poor Quigs.

Because I am a gentleman I'd like to thank you Reefy, and you - Ian the Bank Manager from over the side fence, you - the Goldy Tradies you speak for, and you - all the other voices you hear inside your head.

It's cool.

dellul

Juniors
back on the subject, i think we do have something to worry about, how large the problem may be we'll have to wait and see. The press statement on the sharks site doesn't give me confidence of a great outcome, if they were sure they're clear then surly flanagan would have stated that since the sharks have been named.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
IF the Sharks are under investigation can sombedy explain how the Storm aren't? The Storks use 6-10 Storm players every week for an entire year. Are they immune?

Quigs

Immortal
Its all steady as she goes.

My contact tells me we are in the clear.

I will sit back and wait.

coolumsharkie

Referee
back on the subject, i think we do have something to worry about, how large the problem may be we'll have to wait and see. The press statement on the sharks site doesn't give me confidence of a great outcome, if they were sure they're clear then surly flanagan would have stated that since the sharks have been named.

We have been referred to in the report, that is all. Probably cause of our involvement with Dunk. What else do you want them to say when they don't have anything else to comment on?

I'd be more concerned for individual players than our club tbh.

dellul

Juniors
We have been referred to in the report, that is all. Probably cause of our involvement with Dunk. What else do you want them to say when they don't have anything else to comment on?

I'd be more concerned for individual players than our club tbh.

yeah they probably can't say much, benett came out defending newcastle strait away , i would of thought if they're confident they're all clear flanagan would of done the same.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

RUBIKS

Juniors
yeah they probably can't say much, benett came out defending newcastle strait away , i would of thought if they're confident they're all clear flanagan would of done the same.

Don't forget however, that both Bennett and the Knights who say Ni, have contracts with the Telegraph.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's not written in said contract that they have to provide comment over any and all NRL issues.

Overall Bennett was never this "chatty" before joining the Knights...

Frenzy.

Post Whore

I disagree. I think the club is handling it well. The wagons have been circled, as they should be, until it's 100% clear that all is well. There could be anything come out of this saga and one misconstrued, off the cuff comment could lead to another path.

The "gossiper" in all of us wants to know the ins and outs of the duck's arse. That's natural but AFAIC we fans are on a need to know basis and that suits me fine.

I am honestly not worried at this point.

Did anyone mention Reni Matuia ? He who got banned in 2009 for using certain naughty substances while being employed by us, though as we know he had consumed the stuff before joining our ranks. I wonder whether his brief association with us also got us a mention in the report.