What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

Pantherjim.

Referee
I think that most people here are missing the point;

If it provides an unfair advantage to the home team then it is cheating.

For years Melbourne Storm have been playing home games on a non-regulation sized field and it provides them with an unfair advantage. When you think that they've won practically every home game at Olympic park, it certainly begs the question if they have won because the away team was unfairly disadvantaged.

It also begs the question whether Melbourne should have qualified for entry into the National Rugby League in the first place considering every team had to meet strict home ground criteria for admission to the National Rugby League.

Find me a sport where a given team play at a nationally recognised level on a field of different dimensions to the home ground of another team playing at the same level be it Soccer, Rugby Union, AFL, Cricket etc. I think that you'll have a hard time.

Dani

Immortal
Pantherjim. said:
For years Melbourne Storm have been playing home games on a non-regulation sized field and it provides them with an unfair advantage. When you think that they've won practically every home game at Olympic park, it certainly begs the question if they have won because the away team was unfairly disadvantaged.

Has nothing to do with the fact that we're a fantastic team though, obvioulsy.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I have nothing at all agaisnt the Storm, they are one of my favourite teams behind Parra obiviously and i also think Fitzgerald is f**ked.

However on this issue i dont like it when teams do this, i didnt like it when the Kiwis did it a few years ago against Australia and i dont like it now and i think the NRL should actually check the fields every time and make them regulation if they cant fit the regulation then they dont play at that ground.

woodyk2

First Grade
I couldnt give a rats anus...super league teams are scum. A previous post about 93 is utter bollocks......what happened after?

The Colonel

Immortal
Pantherjim. said:
Find me a sport where a given team play at a nationally recognised level on a field of different dimensions to the home ground of another team playing at the same level be it Soccer, Rugby Union, AFL, Cricket etc. I think that you'll have a hard time.

You were going pretty well up until cricket. Despite the fact many use boundary ropes to make them a more regulation size most grounds are reasonably different and pitches are often prepared to suit the home team.

c_eagle

Juniors
Pantherjim said:
I think that most people here are missing the point;

If it provides an unfair advantage to the home team then it is cheating.

It also begs the question whether Melbourne should have qualified for entry into the National Rugby League in the first place considering every team had to meet strict home ground criteria for admission to the National Rugby League.

AFL, Cricket, Soccer and Rugby Union.

Lol, you know so very little it hurts my head just to think about starting to address this post.

Not all cricket grounds have the same dimensions. The MCG is huge while the SCG is much smaller. Telstra Stadium is smaller still. All 3 host cricket and AFL matches.

Soccer and Rugby Union matches for the A-League and ARC have both been played at Olympic Park respectively. You know, the same OP that has a small pitch size?

jabroni

Juniors
Dani said:
Has nothing to do with the fact that we're a fantastic team though, obvioulsy.

I heard one of the commentators say that melbourne put more teams over the sideline than any other...i wonder why?

CHEATING SCUM!!!

woodyk2

First Grade
c_eagle said:

Lol, you know so very little it hurts my head just to think about starting to address this post.

Not all cricket grounds have the same dimensions. The MCG is huge while the SCG is much smaller. Telstra Stadium is smaller still. All 3 host cricket and AFL matches.

Soccer and Rugby Union matches for the A-League and ARC have both been played at Olympic Park respectively. You know, the same OP that has a small pitch size?
The gabba actually has the largest playing surface out of all the grounds.

Apey

Staff member
Lol who gives a sh*t Storm will win anyway.

Gotta love the guys on here who feel tough by posting "Scum" too :lol:

Surandy

Bench
Hmm, I'd love to grab a tape measure and check OP for myself, I've heard/read about 3 different figures reported for the playing surface dimensions.

As for this latest discussion I would love to know the timeline of events to determine if this was just a stunt to gain publicity for the game as Waldron claims or if it was a genuine attempt to gain unfair advantage.

At the end of the day, the game is in the papers, it's in the media, it's being talked about.

GO THE STORM!!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
If the city of Melboring, with 160 years history, still havent been able build a place to [play rugby league on, then may I suggest 3 alternatives for venues:

1) WACA (the Reds never had a ground problem, but they were shafted for this mob)

2) Albury Showground. (At least it's in a state that knows how to use a measuring tape)

3) North Sydney Oval (because Norths should be in the comp and not this thrown together retirement package from Murdoch to Ribot that is far to close to Antarctica anyway)

Maybe Melboring also play with smaller balls (I know Inglis does). Maybe having a smaller ground makes the crowd look bigger. Maybe Israel is having panic attacks about marking Krisnan!

jimmyo

Juniors
Zing! Cheating Storm scum got PWNED!!!! Their unfair tactics will come home to roost now when they have to face rampaging Eric Grothe and Inu with an extra 3 metres to work in. First victory to the Eels!

The size of the field is crucial, and they want to give themselves an advantage by not allowing the other team to train and plan for the right size field? Give me a break this would never wash in any other sport. It's like the Storm turning up to play at Parramatta Stadium and being told it's going to be a 5-a-side game just because the Eels say so.

Dani

Immortal
I'm just hoping all the publicity this is going to create will bump up ticket sales tbh.

Pantherjim.

Referee
c_eagle said:

Really? Well that's encouraging.

c_eagle said:

Yes, Yes, I was talking about the actual PITCH size, not the boundaries... You know, from crease to crease? Of course every cricked GROUND is going to vary in size! :roll:

c_eagle said:

Ok, so do you know for sure that the dimensions of the soccer pitch used at Olympic park differ to those played at home grounds of other A-league clubs? Same re: Union?

Latest posts