What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
Ok, so do you know for sure that the dimensions of the soccer pitch used at Olympic park differ to those played at home grounds of other A-league clubs? Same re: Union?
The A-League play to FIFA's laws, which incredibly allow for a pitch that is between 90 -120 metres in length, and 45 - 90 metres wide.

However, I would think that they would be closer to the international rules, which is 100-110 and 64-75.

Length is no issue as there is no in-goal, but I reckon width would be pushing to fit into the rules as per international standard.

philstorm

Juniors
Here's a question to those accusing us of 'cheating'.

How exactly do we benefit from a smaller field?

As Cronk said on the radio this morning, the likes of Inglis, Folau, Slater, King etc would all prefer that extra couple of metres. :roll:

It's funny how storm fans of 8 petty years (and other assorted bandwagon jumpers) in this competetiton think everyone is jealous of them.

ps Twizzle

Rodney Howe - Drug Cheat = Storm Roid Monkey

philstorm said:
Here's a question to those accusing us of 'cheating'.

How exactly do we benefit from a smaller field?

As Cronk said on the radio this morning, the likes of Inglis, Folau, Slater, King etc would all prefer that extra couple of metres. :roll:

hahaha

you fool

As if the storm would make it harder for their players, get a grip on reality.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
True, I don't think the width will be a problem for those blokes in attack.

But the fact that they can set their defensive patterns, and practice them every week, knowing that the opposition won't have much room is very, very helpful.

Ice777

Bench
Dragonsforthewin said:
It's funny how storm fans of 8 petty years (and other assorted bandwagon jumpers) in this competetiton think everyone is jealous of them.

8 years? I knew you were geniused by the the drivel you post but now i see see you're even too stupid to count. We've been in the comp since 1998, you do the maths brainiac. We've actually been in the comp longer than your team the St George Illawarra Dragons.

drake

First Grade
Melbourne Bruise. *sigh* To think we lost traditional clubs to make room for the likes of this.
World's ugliest jersey and colours, stupidest mascot (personally I think the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwhich from South Park would have been better), a town that doesn't care and nary a local product.

Everything they have 'won' was a gift to try and attract interest in a Xenophobic and closed minded city.

:lol: yeah, I'm still bitter. :sarcasm:

Ice777 said:
8 years? I knew you were geniused by the the drivel you post but now i see see you're even too stupid to count. We've been in the comp since 1998, you do the maths brainiac. We've actually been in the comp longer than your team the St George Illawarra Dragons.

1 year off, still your team is given everything on a silver platter, f**k off and watch the AFL you tard

ST GEORGE DRAGONS go check our history.

drake

First Grade
WTF? said:
Giant Douche ftw!!!!
126a.gif

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fitzy revealed on on 2UE just recently that he rang Waldran who admitted to him that they tried to pull a shifty...

yet Fitzy still gets kicked and bagged for expressing an opinion that many rugby league fans share but don't publically admit so as to not hurt the feelings of Storm fans.

f**king cheating bastards

woodyk2

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:
1 year off, still your team is given everything on a silver platter, f**k off and watch the AFL you tard

I Hate to say it mate...but the Storms present history is a tad better than the Dragons. Not having a go...i'd take the Dragons over the Storm anyday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Surandy said:
Hmm, I'd love to grab a tape measure and check OP for myself, I've heard/read about 3 different figures reported for the playing surface dimensions.

from what I hear the measurements given in the Herald Sun are 4 metres longer than the ones given in Telegraph..

guess who was wrong..

btw, Warran Smith apparently tried to measure the field a few years back and your club got all narky about it.

f**ken cheating scum ;-) :lol:

woodyk2 said:
I Hate to say it mate...but the Storms present history is a tad better than the Dragons. Not having a go...i'd take the Dragons over the Storm anyday.

are you referring to our merged history? surely you must be because if you are I agree with you, they have won 1 premiership and we havn't.

Ice777

Bench
Dragonsforthewin said:

1 year off? I give you another opprtunity to get it right and you still f**k it up you halfwit :lol:

Surandy

Bench
eelavation said:
from what I hear the measurements given in the Herald Sun are 4 metres longer than the ones given in Telegraph..

guess who was wrong..

Well given the past history of the Daily Telegraph checking their facts before printing, I'd have to say they were wrong.

mrblue

Juniors
I think some people have touched on why smaller grounds is an advantage.

Melbourne are renowned for their sideline defence and in particular pushing the opposition over of the sideline with the help of inside defenders. A narrower ground makes it easier for the inside men to cover the extra ground and help in the push. Another advatage is you're less worried about being run around and can rush up in defence with more confidence, also a hallmark for the melbourne storm. Their kickers are more adjusted to the limited space of the in goal area, whereas other teams more frequently kick it dead.

And to think they had this advantage all year and in previous years, what team would not kill to have an advantage such.... if it was in the law book. In other words Cheating Scum! :lol: