What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Ragged on by Americans for Ray Lewis Tattoo

eozsmiles

Bench
That tatt has the wrong orientation. It should be a mirror image instead. Open mouth and all....

Anyway who the f**k is Ray Lewis? Sounds like a failed boxing trainer.

Won two Superbowls. Beat two murder charges. Cries during the national anthem. One of the best defensive players in history. Believes no man can stop God's will.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Won two Superbowls. Beat two murder charges. Cries during the national anthem. One of the best defensive players in history. Believes no man can stop God's will.

I have absolutely no interest in Superbowl or any American based sport to be honest. Hence my lack of knowledge.

When a country calls their national competition a World Series, such as baseball (where no teams from other countries compete), my attention is zero.

Diesel

Referee
Not like the NRL calling themselves a national sport when they are only on the east coast lol

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They are a Toronto based mlb side.

Also its just the rise of the internet imo. I like how the nfl season is on when league is over. Keeps me watching contact sports.

DeeJ

Bench
I have absolutely no interest in Superbowl or any American based sport to be honest. Hence my lack of knowledge.

When a country calls their national competition a World Series, such as baseball (where no teams from other countries compete), my attention is zero.

Actually that competition has nothing to do with being champions of the world. World was the name of a newspaper that sponsored the first competetion, just like the Telstra premiership, and the name has stuck.

Rainbow

Juniors

Thats your loss really. I am extremely League centric but it is good to have more than a single passion. Embrace life and you will be rewarded.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Actually that competition has nothing to do with being champions of the world. World was the name of a newspaper that sponsored the first competetion, just like the Telstra premiership, and the name has stuck.

Than you for saying this, im sick to death of people knocking the " World Series" name when they have no idea of its herritage.

But then again, should of stopped reading when he figured Cananda was part of the USA.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thats your loss really. I am extremely League centric but it is good to have more than a single passion. Embrace life and you will be rewarded.

Exactly - I was talking to my dad about this stuff over Xmas - he lives in the UK and the only sport he pays attention to is the Premier League / English football.

I don't get the mentality - there is a whole other World out there if you're only open enough to embrace it. English football, Rugby League and NFL are all great sports. I love them all, I just happen to love league the most. But it doesn't mean I'm not open to other sports, especially in the off season.

Dazraider

Juniors
I think these peopel with all these tats forget about the fashion that it runs out and you will be in the mix from the people from the 70s where it looks ridiculous being raped by mr squiggle

StormHi

Juniors

You are a tool.

supercharger

Juniors

Oy vey.Toronto Blue Jays buddy and there was a franchise in the city of saints where they outdrew the yankees and mets in the early 80's, its quite possible that Montreal will be awarded another franchise in the not to distant future

supercharger

Juniors
My god this myth just won't die

skeepe

Immortal
Than you for saying this, im sick to death of people knocking the " World Series" name when they have no idea of its herritage.

But then again, should of stopped reading when he figured Cananda was part of the USA.

If they didn't call the winners of the World Series the World Champions you might have a point.

natheel

Coach
My god this myth just won't die

Yep looked it up it was proven wrong. Apparently it's kept that name of World Series because players are scouted from all over the world and apparently around 30% of the MLB players are from other countries (which I thought was quite high)

I think it's weird it's the 'world' series but whatever. I still enjoy it and my team won this season :)

I love American sports. Only one I seem to not be able to get into is NHL.

Perth Red

Post Whore

supercharger

Juniors
Yep looked it up it was proven wrong. Apparently it's kept that name of World Series because players are scouted from all over the world and apparently around 30% of the MLB players are from other countries (which I thought was quite high)

I think it's weird it's the 'world' series but whatever. I still enjoy it and my team won this season :)

I love American sports. Only one I seem to not be able to get into is NHL.
Yeah well it was term coined a long long time ago and it stuck
Congrats on the Giants btw 2 World Series in 3 years is very impressive unlike the Cubs...crickets chirping
Have you ever been to AT&T park to watch them,it really is an awesome ballpark
And just on hockey while I love it i understand that it's not for everyone but it is a sport that is enhanced by actually attending rather than watching on tv.but to each his own

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
Yeah well it was term coined a long long time ago and it stuck
Congrats on the Giants btw 2 World Series in 3 years is very impressive unlike the Cubs...crickets chirping
Have you ever been to AT&T park to watch them,it really is an awesome ballpark
And just on hockey while I love it i understand that it's not for everyone but it is a sport that is enhanced by actually attending rather than watching on tv.but to each his own

:shock: I've heard the same thing said about fumbleball, so struggle to take that argument seriously as a result.